Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Upgrading from Deluxe to Ultra
MeMyselfAndPi [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 20, 2009 22:19 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
I just got an HD camera & I thought I would be able to upgrade from PowerDirector Deluxe, to Ultra for about $10. But it will only give me the option to upgrade from PowerDirector 7. Is there anyway I won't have to pay so much?

I know I can just tell it to upload FaceBook, & just cancel it after the file is rendered, but it would be nice to be able to render videos longer then 20 minutes. If it'll cost me $70, then it won't be worth it.

(This question probably has already been asked, but the search feature seems to have disappeared, & Google searches the whole website, not just this forum.)
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Noname

If I understand you correctly you have PD7 Deluxe and want to upgrade to PD8 Ultra.

If this is the case you cannot do this, unless you already have PD8 Deluxe, if this so you can upgrade to PD8 Ultra.

Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

MeMyselfAndPi [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 20, 2009 22:19 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
Oh yeah, sorry, I should've specified that. I am using PowerDirector 8 Deluxe & I want upgrade to Ultra. What I was saying is that I only see the option to upgrade from PD 7, not from PD 8 Deluxe.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
You'll need to pose that question to Customer Support.
https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do
The question has been posed here before and referred to CS.

Dafydd
Brian [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 18, 2009 04:13 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I am in the same situation, so having read this thread, I asked Customer Support. The answer from CS is no, you cannot upgrade from PD8 Deluxe to PD8 Ultra.
If you have purchased PD7, you can choose the "upgrade from PD7" option on the web site. If you have only purchased PD8, it appears that you need to buy the full PD8 Ultra software.

I think this is a really poor policy. The price difference between Deluxe and Ultra is about $15. That is about what I would expect to pay to upgrade from one to the other. Instead I had to pay $50 just to get the ability to produce AVCHD/Blu-ray discs. That does not seem right to me.

A lot of people are upgrading their camcorders from standard video to HD, and this is (and will continue to be) a common upgrade path. It seems like all they need to do is to take your money and issue a new activation code (I bet the software is the same for both versions).

Brian

Below is the response I received from CS:

I wish to inform you that upgrade only applicable from version 6 and 7 however, there is no upgrade available from version 8 Deluxe to 8 Ultra.

If you wish you may purchase the full version of PowerDirector 8 Ultra from our CyberLink website or else you may directly purchase the PowerDirector 8 Ultra upgrade from 6 to 7 version because I have checked your online CyberLink online purchase records and found that you have purchased CyberLink PowerDirector 7 Deluxe Download version.

I suggest you to log-on to CyberLink website www.cyberlink.com or follow the web link given below to see the purchase options for upgrade:

http://www.cyberlink.com/store/powerdirector/upgrade_en_US.html

NOTE: From the upgrade option please select upgrade from 6 / 7 retailand select PowerDirector 8 Ultra.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 28. 2010 17:33