Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Okay.

Link 1A RE graphics drivers: There were no mandatory or optional drivers for Windows Update so I went to look for what I could find. I checked the Dell Support Assist which showed an unexpected error like it has been for the last two years. I eventually found my way to the Dell Drivers and Downloads which said I needed the same 31 updates and drivers it did when I tried to do the 30.0.15.1169 when it came out in April. It wouldn't install. itired installing the Intel UHD Graphics driver that was two down from it and tha had me exit everthing before I was able to try and install it. Intel says that driver version 25.20.100.677--the one that showed "Catalog Attributes Universal: False Declarative: True" is up-to-date as of 2019, no further updates. However, there was a secondary link for the "Intel® Graphics Driver 30.0.101.1960 for Xe Dedicated, 6th-12th Gen Intel® Core™ Processor Graphics, and related Intel Atom®, Pentium®, and Celeron® processors." that is for several chips (recommended to go check out the list if anyone is finding this thread and wondering if it is their problem) I finally just Googled NVIDA drivers and found the NVIDIA Driver Downloads page where you can choose a "Game Ready Driver' or "Studio Driver" depending on whether or not you're someone "who prioritizes stability and quality for creative workflows including video editing, animation photography, graphic design, and livestreaming." Given the problems I'm having, I opted for the "Studio Driver" before restarting my computer to clear the caches referred to in Link 1B.

Link 1B-1 RE Disk Cleanup: The cache was pretty empty, as I maintain that pretty regularly because in the last 30 years I’ve learned that no matter what gets installed, something gets left behind. I still cleared it because who knows if the 2MB in the recycle bin is what's going to tip things over?

Link 1B-2 RE “How to Tweak Paging File for better Windows 10 Performance”: talks about doing it on a “variant partition rather than your boot partition”—i.e., putting it on something that isn’t the drive / portion of drive where your operating system is. “Paging File size depends on the size of [the] Physical memory of a computer. It can be lowest 1.5 times and highest 4 times of RAM.” Since I have 16GB of RAM my minimum should be 24,000MB and my maximum should be 65,536MB (16GB x 1024 = 16,384MB; 16,384MB x 4 ceiling = 65,536MB). According to the Virtual Memory box I have 169,538MB of memory available so it checks out? It said the minimum allowed is 16MB, recommended 2920MB, and Currently Allocated 9216MB for both my C: and D: drives. Even if I max out the maximum Paging File for each (64,000x2), I still have a buffer of 38,466MB…right? That’s what I can theoretically do, anyway. When you go back up the page it says “In order to lower the rupture of the paging file, set the same number or the initial size and maximum size. … This makes it certain that the file can no either expand or shrink and hence will avoid fragmentation.” My OS is on the C: drive so I tried to set it to “No paging file” per the suggestion of the page (because my drive is not partitioned except for the part that Windows automatically carves out for itself) but it continued to default to “System managed size” and therefore remains at 9216MB. Though, again, when you scroll back up the page they suggest “plac[ing] the paging file without any extra data on its[] own partition. It makes sure that Windows performance will improve and the paging file will not be shattered.” If I have to go that far to be able to use this program, however, it isn’t worth it. Nowhere do they give a recommended amount on how much, just gives you a range of the minimum and maximum. I went for maximum just because…why not? I will note that once I did that, it change the “Virtual Memory” prompt to say that I had a total of 73,216MB “for all drives.”

Link 2: RE Add-ons: I don’t think I have any add-ons for PD. I don’t think I have many (if any) of the extras installed because of their enormous sizes (many are bigger than the base program) and the fact you have to uninstall them one-by-one each time you uninstall PD itself—there’s nothing that just uninstalls all of it so you have to wait for each one to finish uninstalling before you can uninstall the next one. But I could be wrong. If you could let me know where to find that information, I would appreciate it.

I additionally added that Rafiki to the list of high performance apps. I’m not setting priorities in the task manager, I’m using the Windows Graphics Settings because NVIDIA was phased out of controlling it for itself and is now handled by Graphics Settings in Windows. It’s been about a year- to 18 months that happened, apparently. I found out when I went back to playing my old game in January and went to switch it to the GPU instead of the Integrated Graphics.

After ALL of that PD again asked to streamline my GPU for performance. I clicked yes.

ALL of this to say: It worked better from the sole perspective that it wasn’t reporting that it was frozen while I was trying to use it—just sluggish AF--BUT then the PDH thing was still missing even when I didn’t load the presets. It froze when I tried to close it so I had to force close it.

SO, I uninstalled it, turned off the graphics settings to high power, restarted the computer, and re-ran the DxDiag for the 3rd time. It’s literally still saying it’s hanging up on Power Director when it isn’t even installed. I’m at a complete loss.

What drives me crazy is that I had a worse BIOS and arguably the same drivers two months ago when I gave up on trying to use it and it didn’t have these freezing problems. I don’t know what updates occurred in-between because I painfully uninstalled each component (which took almost an hour because, as previously related, each “fun” pack is its own separate program). Like, all of this was running fine (unintuitive [to me] but running]. Why do I now need a computer science degree and the Geek Squad to just get it moving? ESPECIALLY with it hanging up on PD WHEN IT ISN’T EVEN INSTALLED?

Like, this is obviously not your guys’ faults but when I Google these things they’re not unique unto me, which is why I started with the steps that I did in the original post.

Hi,

I'm not tech savvy enough to give a definitive functional spec on PDHanumanSvr, but it is, and always has been, an integral part of PDR, so I don't believe it is causing your issue, but it's functioning may well be symptomatic of the issue.

Looking at your DxDiag, 7 of the 10 faults reported are Apphang Transient events, 2 are AppHangB1 events. Both these are problems with a program(s) interacting with Windows.

A quick look online gives a lot of reports, a couple of links are below, but I cannot vouch/endorse them, but they may be pointers to your issue??

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/321130/windows-apps-hang-frequently-with-apphangtransient.html

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie8-windows_other/a-problem-caused-this-program-to-stop-interacting/66b1e756-09bd-4d2e-9875-5654ccca02c3

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
I am able, to an extent, able to work with the small clips they provide, as long as they are not more than 10 minutes in total. Then it starts to freeze.

HOWEVER, an interesting point is that the PDHanumanSvr Application did not trigger at any point while using the samples provided. The fans do not come on while working with the samples, either.

That makes me wonder what the PDHanumanSvr Application is and how I stop it from being triggered or called or whatever.

Edit: I'm assuming it's 10 minutes because I added all of them. It's kind of hard to tell because the timeline is in the number of seconds as opposed to minutes and seconds.

1. I am using the most recent Power Director, and it's Power Director 20, as I said. Whatever updates have processed, it's not showing any updates available, even after the re-install, through the Cyberlink Application Manager. Again, I reinstalled it this morning so it is a clean install.

2. I am trying to use the program. Full stop. My clear explanation of what I am trying to do is literally anything. I've already provided this information.

3. I've already provided the detailed specs of my computer. The only further information that DxDiag provided is that it is BIOS 1.14.0 and Directx12. DxDiag attached, as requested. A clean install of Windows 10 was performed a month ago when my laptop went into the shop because I couldn't get the BIOS to force update from 2020 (thanks, Dell) so that I could get to H2. Theoretically, there shouldn't be any problems with Windows unless some sort of issue with the latest update.

4. I didn't receive any errors pop up while using PD. Nothing showed up on Scan Now and no repairs were performed. Screenshot attached.

5. No component store corruption was detected on the DISM scan. Screenshot attached.

1. I am using the most recent Power Director, and it's Power Director 20, as I said. Whatever updates have processed, it's not showing any updates available, even after the re-install, through the Cyberlink Application Manager. Again, I reinstalled it this morning so it is a clean install.

2. I am trying to use the program. Full stop. My clear explanation of what I am trying to do is literally anything. I've already provided this information.

3. I've already provided the detailed specs of my computer. The only further information that DxDiag provided is that it is BIOS 1.14.0 and Directx12. DxDiag attached, as requested. A clean install of Windows 10 was performed a month ago when my laptop went into the shop because I couldn't get the BIOS to force update from 2020 (thanks, Dell) so that I could get to H2. Theoretically, there shouldn't be any problems with Windows unless some sort of issue with the latest update.

4. I didn't receive any errors pop up while using PD. Nothing showed up on Scan Now and no repairs were performed. Screenshot attached.

5. No component store corruption was detected on the DISM scan. Screenshot attached.

Quote Nothing you've described is normal, and I doubt that any amount of twiddling with Windows task priorities will make any difference. To me, it sounds like either something is wrong with Windows and/or PD - or the clips you're trying to work with are overwhelming your system.

To start, please follow the steps in the read Me Before Posting guide and attach the DxDiag test results. That will give us a better look at the capabilities and current condition of your system.

You should also run the 2 commands as shown in this post and see if they can detect and repair any damage to Windows core system files.

You should also try working with the sample files that come with PD to see if you have can get it to respond normally while editing. You can access the sample files by enabling this setting then chosing File | New project:

I decided to give the desktop version another go, despite the problems that I was having before.

I hate it.

It is constantly freezing and reporting as non-responsive. The least I have been able to get it to do is every 30 seconds, but I have to act within those 30 seconds--even just to seek to the next frame--because it's going to freeze and stop responding whether or not I want it to.

I have a Dell G7 7790 2.6 i7-9750H with 8GB Dedicated GPU and 8GB shared Graphics--so 16GB total, with a total virtual memory load of 25GB. It is a 64-bit Windows, build 19044.

I tried letting Windows decide how to handle the load but then the PDHanumanSvr Application--which can't be closed or the entire program freezes up and tanks--completely maxes out my CPU and I can't do ANYTHING. I moved it to the dedicated GPU and it is running at 42% of the memory, 4% of the GPU. I moved PD20 to the GPY and it's not using any resources...until it does, then it's running less than 1% of the Memory and 0% of the GPU.

I don't understand what apportionment I'm supposed to give it. Every action is 5 minutes of dedicated time to that action between finding what I'm trying to do, the freezing, and then doing it.

I have already scanned for viruses. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled. I have already turned it off and on again. I'm at a complete loss on the hardware end.

I have enabled the "hardware decoding." I have enabled "the OpenCL technology to speed up video effect preview/render." I had it "Optimize [my] GPU's hardware acceleration settings based on its decoding/encoding capabilities."

I changed the timeline preview quality to low. I kept the real-time preview because I'm trying to cut down the clips. I don't know what YUV is but I left it. There is no dual preview. There are no 3d components to it.

I'm at a complete loss. Trying to figure out where all the pieces are in the middle of constant freezing really sours my taste for this program. As soon as I close it, I can use my computer again but even with the load at only 42% the freezing stops my use of the computer as a whole.

Any help appreciated.

Edit: I forgot to mention that running PD as an administrator does not help, either.
Quote I have a gear360 camera from long ago. I also have Gear ActionDirector (OEM 2.0.2321.0).

Since Samsung has stopped supporting this camera (and its software) I am using a ported android app to take photos/videos: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mod-port-samsung-gear-360-manager-for-all-devices-updated-21-jan-21-v1-4-00-4-fw.3400383/. I can take photos and videos, but they are simply the raw images w/ no processing (the new software doesn't seem to have that ability built in). The photos are dual fish-eye photos.

When I try to import an image, I get the message: "Image stitching unsuccessful". Same for a video. Samples available if asked.

Anybody know why?

TIA

PS: if this is not the right place to ask about this, please redirect. Thanks.

ken

It's most likely because the images are raw.

Mobile barely does well with a timeline that is 1080p and always wants to downscale it before you even start. It can now support up to a max of 4k resolution, but expect dome severe blips as you move across the timeline no matter how slow you go on a clip sped down to ⅛ time.

Mine does not allow me to import any pictures or video above 4k resolution which is unfortunate because I have 108MP / 8k on my phone. Your raw may be too large and you may have to downscale it before you put it on your mobile to put into PD.
Quote As this is a user-to-user forum I can't give any insight as to why the developers chose to include so many agitating transitions in the mobile app, but there are several styles that are much softer.

Many of the transitions in Basic, Seamless, Slideshow and Dissolve categories are smoother and less jarring, but I don't see a left/right slide without extra motion. You can request that specific kind of transition from Settings | FAQ & Send Feedback.

The full desktop editor (which is the forum you originally posted to) has many suitable styles already built-in, and many more are free to download from DirectorZone. Even more are available for purchase from 3rd-parties like NewBlueFX and Pixelan that can be precisely tailored to your exact needs.

This isn't your fault but I hate this answer. I have spent the last 4 months trying to make the desktop suite usable and it just isn't. It's literally easier for me to use my phone in its extremely limited functionality with better production across devices than anything I can produce with the desktop suite. I have absolutely no intention of ever subscribing to this nonsense again, the least of which being it cost me over $250 in subscription licenses to not even replace the absolute basic features like "I would like to have functioning and accurate mini-previews on transitions" I had already purchases under a perpetual license because I had already bought all of the packs for mobiles. And for Cyberlink to require *paid* users to tap into the *other paid* users to develop the *BASIC AND MUNDANE FEATURES* to make it usable is absolutely ridiculous to me in every, single facet of the interaction.

And I really don't have to point to anything other than most of their tutorial videos coming up on 5 years old at the *youngest* to prove they're papering over all of the complaints with things literally no one asked for, that don't fix most of the complaints I run into and have been reported repeatedly on these forums, introduce new problems, and still make it harder to use.

It's in no way an excuse that they're a new company because they are WELL established.

I gave them my money because I hate everything Adobe stands for but I got the Adobe customer experience without the Adobe customer functionality.
I can't believe I'm saying this, but ALL of the transitions are grossly over-produced. There is no simple swipe. You can't just...have it go from right to left or left to right. Not that the mini previews on the bottom are in *any way* accurate 70% of the time, but I would just like something that isn't breaking through some sort of edge after violent shaking like a chihuahua given a steady diet of c#caine. What gives?
Go to: