Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Why are all of the Android app transitions seizure-inducing?
imouse1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 07, 2022 18:26 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I can't believe I'm saying this, but ALL of the transitions are grossly over-produced. There is no simple swipe. You can't just...have it go from right to left or left to right. Not that the mini previews on the bottom are in *any way* accurate 70% of the time, but I would just like something that isn't breaking through some sort of edge after violent shaking like a chihuahua given a steady diet of c#caine. What gives?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
As this is a user-to-user forum I can't give any insight as to why the developers chose to include so many agitating transitions in the mobile app, but there are several styles that are much softer.

Many of the transitions in Basic, Seamless, Slideshow and Dissolve categories are smoother and less jarring, but I don't see a left/right slide without extra motion. You can request that specific kind of transition from Settings | FAQ & Send Feedback.

The full desktop editor (which is the forum you originally posted to) has many suitable styles already built-in, and many more are free to download from DirectorZone. Even more are available for purchase from 3rd-parties like NewBlueFX and Pixelan that can be precisely tailored to your exact needs.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 08. 2022 00:47

imouse1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 07, 2022 18:26 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Quote As this is a user-to-user forum I can't give any insight as to why the developers chose to include so many agitating transitions in the mobile app, but there are several styles that are much softer.

Many of the transitions in Basic, Seamless, Slideshow and Dissolve categories are smoother and less jarring, but I don't see a left/right slide without extra motion. You can request that specific kind of transition from Settings | FAQ & Send Feedback.

The full desktop editor (which is the forum you originally posted to) has many suitable styles already built-in, and many more are free to download from DirectorZone. Even more are available for purchase from 3rd-parties like NewBlueFX and Pixelan that can be precisely tailored to your exact needs.

This isn't your fault but I hate this answer. I have spent the last 4 months trying to make the desktop suite usable and it just isn't. It's literally easier for me to use my phone in its extremely limited functionality with better production across devices than anything I can produce with the desktop suite. I have absolutely no intention of ever subscribing to this nonsense again, the least of which being it cost me over $250 in subscription licenses to not even replace the absolute basic features like "I would like to have functioning and accurate mini-previews on transitions" I had already purchases under a perpetual license because I had already bought all of the packs for mobiles. And for Cyberlink to require *paid* users to tap into the *other paid* users to develop the *BASIC AND MUNDANE FEATURES* to make it usable is absolutely ridiculous to me in every, single facet of the interaction.

And I really don't have to point to anything other than most of their tutorial videos coming up on 5 years old at the *youngest* to prove they're papering over all of the complaints with things literally no one asked for, that don't fix most of the complaints I run into and have been reported repeatedly on these forums, introduce new problems, and still make it harder to use.

It's in no way an excuse that they're a new company because they are WELL established.

I gave them my money because I hate everything Adobe stands for but I got the Adobe customer experience without the Adobe customer functionality.