Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Actiondirector (2017) "image stitching unsuccessful"
daytooner [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 14, 2022 06:52 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have a gear360 camera from long ago. I also have Gear ActionDirector (OEM 2.0.2321.0).

Since Samsung has stopped supporting this camera (and its software) I am using a ported android app to take photos/videos: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mod-port-samsung-gear-360-manager-for-all-devices-updated-21-jan-21-v1-4-00-4-fw.3400383/. I can take photos and videos, but they are simply the raw images w/ no processing (the new software doesn't seem to have that ability built in). The photos are dual fish-eye photos.

When I try to import an image, I get the message: "Image stitching unsuccessful". Same for a video. Samples available if asked.

Anybody know why?

TIA

PS: if this is not the right place to ask about this, please redirect. Thanks.

ken
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have a gear360 camera from long ago. I also have Gear ActionDirector (OEM 2.0.2321.0).

Since Samsung has stopped supporting this camera (and its software) I am using a ported android app to take photos/videos: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mod-port-samsung-gear-360-manager-for-all-devices-updated-21-jan-21-v1-4-00-4-fw.3400383/. I can take photos and videos, but they are simply the raw images w/ no processing (the new software doesn't seem to have that ability built in). The photos are dual fish-eye photos.

When I try to import an image, I get the message: "Image stitching unsuccessful". Same for a video. Samples available if asked.

Anybody know why?

TIA

ken

Hi,
I've moved the topic to the Mobile Apps forum.

Maybe some members will have some experience, but I suspect the "3rd party" app might be significant. I'm not sure how many members will have direct experience to help out but......?

If not, you can always bounce the query off Customer Support and provide all the info they require.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
imouse1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 07, 2022 18:26 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have a gear360 camera from long ago. I also have Gear ActionDirector (OEM 2.0.2321.0).

Anybody know why?

TIA

ken

It's most likely because the images are raw.

Mobile barely does well with a timeline that is 1080p and always wants to downscale it before you even start. It can now support up to a max of 4k resolution, but expect dome severe blips as you move across the timeline no matter how slow you go on a clip sped down to ⅛ time.

Mine does not allow me to import any pictures or video above 4k resolution which is unfortunate because I have 108MP / 8k on my phone. Your raw may be too large and you may have to downscale it before you put it on your mobile to put into PD.