Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi all,

The videos I produce contain a lot of quick cuts (they're curated collections of sports highlights). Something I've noticed is that the final output video will often pixelate in the frame immediately after one of these cuts (this is not in the source video) and it's incredibly noticeable.

I've tried Googling this issue - but haven't really found any workable solution. I've tried maxing out the bitrate and various other settings, but none of them seem to have any effect. I've been using a 1080p output profile, 60fps, HVEC. Is there a setting or something that I can enable to eliminate this frame of pixelation or a different encoder I should be using? Since it probably matters, YouTube is the final destination.
Quote Thanks for the details. That was actually the first place I looked and didn't see anything, so that implies that your issue with titles and mine with importing media are separate issues and don't share the same underlying cause.

I suggest opening a support ticket with CL from their contact page. Include a link to this discussion in your problem description so they can see everything posted here so far.

I found where the custom titles are saved, so I'm going to back those up and try reinstalling the program first, including deleting everything from AppData and see if that solves anything before contacting support. They're going to tell me to try that anyway and I'd rather skip right past all of the basic diagnostic steps they're trained to paste in at the start.

Edit: Didn't work. I don't think I'm going to bother with support. In my experience, they'll just have you reinstall things like drivers and programs and whatnot, escalating until they get really irrational and want you to reinstall all of Windows - which I won't do because there's zero reason to. Just going to cancel my subscription and move on. Not like this wasn't a hobby anyway.

Edit 2: Going into the program's preferences and then saving seems to have fixed it? But I didn't change anything in those settings in between it working and not working, so maybe wherever the settings are stored got corrupted somehow? I don't know. Or maybe the computer gods hate me and this was all a sick joke.
Quote With the latest release I've noticed that when I first open PD, clicking on the Import Media Files button doesn't do anything, no matter how long I wait. If I try Import a Media Folder, that opens right away and after some indeterminate amount of waiting Import Media Files will respond when I try it again. If I close and re-open PD, it's unresponsive again until some amount of time passes.

I haven't seen the issue with Titles but I imagine the same kind of cross threading hang might be present. Can you share the exact event message, especially where it's located in the Event Viewer?

In the Event Viewer, it's located in Windows Logs>Application. This is what it looks like:

"EventViewer"
Ever since starting up Power Director tonight to produce a video, Power Director 20/365 is hanging when clicking on the Title browser or when clicking on a category. Sometimes it hangs immediately, sometimes it waits a few minutes until I do something and then click back, but it is consistently hanging when browsing Titles.

The program is updated, my drivers are up-to-date, I've rebooted Windows. The Windows event viewer says it's a "cross-thread hang."

If I reinstall the whole program, will it delete my customized titles? I have over 20 of them and I would rather not have to redo them all, which is why it's the only thing I haven't tried.

Also, there was no crashing or unexpected system reboot that preceded this issue. PD20 worked fine two days ago and this the first time it's ever crashed or hung on me. The is honestly the first unstable program I've encountered in months, and that includes Windows itself.

There is no Mission Center in the paid version.

Well alright then. That's fantastic!
I've been exploring the free version to see if it fits my needs - difficult, if I'm honest, since I'll be using it to edit HVEC encoded files and you can't even preview that in the free version - but one thing that's a deal breaker for me either way is the silly "Mission Center" thing in the top right corner of the UI.

There's no option that I can find in the free version to disable this, either in the preferences or right-clicking on it or whatever. Does the paid version of the software include the option to remove this?
Go to: