Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD7 should be more stable, but you may have issues trying to get the ati streaming technology to work with it. Last time I checked it was not fully functional under the windows 7 environment.
I would suggest you currently hold off until they correct the i7 issues. I have it with an i7 and right now in its current state its very very crash prone and unstable. I am running a system with windows 7 rc1 64bit edition, 12gigs of ram and a ati 4890 card with the intel core i7 processor.
Just received a response from Cyberlink support team, they suggested I disable the UAC function in Windows.

I have not had the chance to try this yet, but I did send a follow up ticket asking them what relation does the UAC have with Powerdirector crashing.

Just throwing that out there in case someone wants to give it a go. I'll will try this suggestion later on in the day and report back my findings.

*** Update
Tried the suggestions that Cyberlink told me and nothing worked, back to square one.
You mis-understood, I noticed that I forgot to type the last 2 d's from your name my apologies for my typo. I corrected my post to reflect that.
What name calling are you talking about, I responded to your post and followed it with a question. I did not respond with any sort of juvenile behavior or name calling ?
Jaime Do you have a Core i7 computer ?
Dafydd I no longer have the project file that was causing the issues, since I had to use a program other than PD to do what I wanted, I already removed that waste from my computer, by waste I mean the failed project file.

Jaime if you read the earlier threads on you'll see that I have given my reasons as to why this is a Cyberlink related issue and there fault.
I find it interesting that you senior contributors are more attentive with my grammatical errors and typos than the matter at hand, and while i could care less what my English teacher thinks of the manner in which I type in this thread. I do know he would go bonkers over how inept and unstable this piece of software is. While its not my intention to be a jerk, I do feel that this company is currently screwing me out of the 60 dollars it cost to purchase this program and not pirate it because I had faith that a well known company like Cyberlink would deliver a software to a more higher quality standard than the one i currently have.

Especially when your running it on a machine thats not even 3 months old and who's sole purpose was to edit and create home dvd's. So yes as Cyberlink fixes there software I will in turn correct my typing on your threads. I paid money for a service that has not been delivered so please while your version apparently works mine on the other and other customers does not so you can understand how upset one would be when they purchase something just to find out when you get home that its unusable, and that the majority of the features that the box states it does, does not work. So please stop gripping about it and focus that effort on correcting the laundry list of issue that power director currently has.
well at least i know am not the only one that has that bad taste in there mouth when using this version, even though the last one still had many issues. I would like to see it work properly because its got usefull tools but right now in its current state its literally garbage. There isnt much else i could say about it but i feel your pain man.
- open power director 8
- converted a 5min 1080p mp4 video to mpg2 format
- clicked on the edit button ...... waited ...... powerdirector stopped responding and crashed

this was a simple operation with no filters, touchups, or pip just simply an HD to SD conversion and the program crashed.

This is what windows reported:

The program PDR8.exe version 8.0.0.2013 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
Process ID: 12fc
Start Time: 01ca36f208bb3658
Termination Time: 22
Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDirector\PDR8.exe
Report Id: 42da9ecc-a2e6-11de-8370-0023aee6e1f0
What is the status on this core i7 issue found on this thread ?

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7909.page

No I am don't have the shadow edit mode on.
main reason why i make such a bold statement is not to attract attention for people to read my rant, but because i feel that while they added some interesting features and adjustments to the program and some really annoying ones IE. advertising ticker. i am surprised to see that all the really main issues that where clearly apparent in version 7 where not even addressed and while i was happy to see that ati streaming is actually functioning now i am shocked to have found the current workaround to have the program render a movie file when running a core i7 processor. i recently read the pc world review and i am surprised to see the 85 review score and no where in the article did it mention of the constant crashing or the current issues with the i7 processor when rendering. i honestly would love to see this program work because it offers all the functions i would like to make movies without having to go to a professional software like adobe premiere. my main gripe is that currently with all the crashes it makes creating videos such a nightmare and i hate it for that. i just feel that for a software that people are actually paying for there shouldn't be constant threads of various different workarounds just to the power director to work.
there most be like 30% of screen real estate being taken up by that stupid stupid ticker because there is no other way i can word it without really being offensive why could that space have been used for more useful purposes IE. showing detailed progress of the production !
why why why is version worse than version 7, ive been trying to compile a 40min dvd for the past 2 days with version 8 and if isnt bs issues with the supposed support for core i7 its the program just instant crashing while producing a mpg2 file to shorten the number of clips the time line needs to create a dvd even though no where in the info does it say tht powerdirector apparently does not like to have alot of hd clips on the time line. i am so tired of this programs inability to complete simple task these short coming need to be stated on the box because i would have never upgraded to this version if i knew this is the kind of result i was going to get.

and who's the genius that decided it would be cool to have a cyberlink advertising new ticker running while the encoding process is running i've even managed to make that little ticker crash. is there any way to remove that useless piece of code ?
so wait a minute why does this product say it support core i7 if i have to disable 6 of my cores for it to render a HD video file. i just upgraded to this version from version 7 in hopes that this software would finally function as advertised and now i feel very cheated in this workaround to create a dvd using HD video. is this something that going to get addressed soon because right now i find it completely unacceptable for cyberlink to sell me a product where one of its main component isnt even completely properly working. a response to my question would be greatly appreciated thanks.

I've tried encoding the hd video with 4 cores on and the program crashes 90% of the way this is freaking ridiculous that i have actually paid for a piece of software that does not work. not even when vista first launched was it ever this useless. i expect this to be either fixed or be refunded my money because right now i feel that i have been robbed. Cyberlink needs to get there act together becuase this version advertises support for i7 processors and it clearly does not. I have no idea how pc world gave this program an 85% review and have no mention of this issue.
see that my whole dilemma because when i create the mpeg4 the outputted video generates a .m2ts file. you uploaded that onto youtube or u actually generated an .mp4 file extension out of pd7
but when you created that didn't it make a m2ts file ? did you re-convert it to a mp4 file with a separate tool ?

cuz i was under the impression that when you select the mpeg4 codec with pd7 it only made those m2ts files that are not compatible with anything on the net unless you re convert it to something else.
how did u make a mp4 file with power director ? the only option i have for mpeg 4 is that dumb m2ts file format that stinks
problem with the mpeg4 they have here is that it generates a m2ts which is totally useless on most players including xbox. still waiting for them to patch it so that you can generate an actual mp4 file which the xbox gladly supports.
Go to: