Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Total newbie to video editing....
Rayj2011 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 29, 2008 12:37 Messages: 65 Offline
[Post New]
I'm trying out 2 programs, Sony Vegas and Power Director. I know this is the PD forum.

I am still trying to figure out how to get my clips off of the camera and into Vegas. With Power Director, it took me about......3 seconds to figure it out!!

I have read reviews on PD and they impressed me enough to stop with Vegas and check out Power Director.

I have not done much more as far as using it, but did notice that when I dragged a clip to the time line, the audio line did not activate? There is audio with the clip and I wanted to try to edit it (remove or tone down).....

If you have a quick answer, great!

Also, if you can point me to some good rookie newbie tutorials that would be great!

Regards,

Ray

RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ray,

What build of PD7 do you have, early versions did have a problem with the audio not showing in the timeline

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ray,

You could also try splitting the audio from the video, right click on the clip and select split audio, the audio will then be placed in the music or voice track, you can then double click on the audio and the waveform editing box will appear.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Ray,

New "sticky" postings on the forum you might be interested in:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3523.page
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3522.page

Dafydd