Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Rhighto, cheers

Am three quarters through patching in scenes, pics and transistions.

Then adding music and we'll see how it goes.

The only off-putting thing I'm finding at the mo is the image quality of photographs in the preview screen. The video doesn't look too bad (and I've adjusted the preview quality) but pics look a bit grainy by comparison to the original stills.

Here's where I'm hoping all the reassurance of 'it'll look just great' on the final cut to disc kicks in!!
Thanks abslayer for your post, much appreciated!

Can you clarigy your answer to Q1, yes you DO need to 'produce' or YES you can go straight to 'Create Disc'??

Cheers!!
Hi gang.

It's been a day or so, and am havin' a ball....(so far, that is, haven't actually made a disc yet....)

So a couple of queries slightly ahead of where I am, cos I like to look ahead....

Apologies if these are basics - but I've scanned the manual and haven't yet found the definitive answers yet.

1) Ultimately, I will be burning to BD disc. Do I need to do the 'produce' section if that is the case?? Or can I go straight to 'Create Disc'??

2) Always get confused as to which output to select. I have found the settings in Create Disc that enable me to select BD as the target disc. Which output would you recommend from there?? MPEG2 or H.264?? My TV supports full 1080p and the files I've been editing are HD files from an HD cam.

3) If 'Produce' I must, I'd welcome any suggestions as to which output to select here as well. MPEG-4 or H.264??

I had the impression that the 'Produce' section was to create an image file. Every other time in the past when I've disc created, (coupel of years ago using a different product),the rendering and disc burning and file creation all took place at the same time, which makes me wonder if 'Produce' is necessary if burning straight to disc.

Life rocks

At the moment!!!
Purchased, installed mid afternoon, and already makin' inroads!!!

So far have imported video and image files, started stitchin' together, found I can use my entire iTunes library (oh yes...), experimented with Magic Music (although that's been a little tempremental so far), and have shoved in a few transistiion scenes and made some original titles.

Looks good so far....

Acid test is whether the blu ray disc will look sharp as a button. No reason to suppose it won't - it's done what it said on the tin so far.
Should like to thank everyone for their assistance in helping me make my decision.

Am about to set off to purchase my PD10 Ultra shortly.

No doubt an afternoon's editing will follow.....

Cheers again folks!
Thanks so much for your reply HalCon.

I for one can thoroughly recommend your upgrade to Win7 when it happens. I've found it to be one of the most stable and forgiving OS's I've used.
In addition to the above, I've just compared the two products on Cyberlink's home page.

I note that blu ray disc burning is not possible with the delux version...

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector/compare_en_US.html

So a few direct questions!!

1) am I right in assuming there is no blu ray disc burning possible in PD10 Deluxe?

2) will the blu ray disc burning feature available in PD10 Ultra be compromised by my Win7 32bit system?

All advise gratefully received......then off to spend me dosh....
Thahks for all the posts folks.

Gettin close to making a decision

Interestingly enough, Cyberlink features prominently on many 'top 10' vids on you tube - pretty much always the no.1 choice....

Only decision regarding the PD10 is whether to go Deluxe or Ultra on a 32bit OS. I note a previous post that says I will loose some functionality of the Ultra version on a 32bit OS.

Other than those mentioned, is the Ultra version worth the extra 10 squid or so on a 32bit OS??
For the record, I've not used the shadow files option.

Probably for the same reason other don't either!
No disrespect Tom Thumb, but unless I'm mistaken, Avid is Pinnacle in drag??

Having bought Pinnacle 9 some time ago and been rather annoyed that my hard earned cash did not open all the content I expected, well that was the end of the line there I'm afraid!!

Whilst I appreciate any advice, I've learned not to advertise other folks' products on a product specific forum!!!!

Thanks Phil

I must say that the Ultra was tempting as it has full HD preview, something the trial version most certainly doesn't have, and I personally find it most off putting when the preview mode is sub standard (something you may have gathered from my first thread....)
I did read the sticky threads and so on, but didn't quite find the answer to a really basic question....

Will the Ultra version work on a 32bit Win7 OS??

The Ultra offers 64bit-native which I'm not overly convinced I understand what that means....

Excuse if this is a blatantly obvious question.....
That's ok Mark, no probs, appreciate the advice.

I guess what I'm trying to ascertain is if the final quality of the finished article is as it should be, ie better than preview.

Must be the same issue for DVD maybe??
Thanks Mark for your pic, I've upgraded the preview quality to 'high'.

Still a bit grainy by comparison to the original, but I'm counting on the rendering to be as good as the original - is that the case??

Cheers!
Hi there, could use a little advice here before purchasing.

I've been into video editing for many years, but have not been at it, so to speak, for some while.

Need a new editor as I'm now using an HD video cam and want a more up to date editor than that which I had been using.

I have a blu ray player and have to hand a version of Power Producer that enables me to drag video files together and make a blu ray disc, no probs. But no editing power as I don't have a version of Power Director installed.

So I've downloaded the trial version of PD10

Seems to work just fine, but I've noticed that the playback of my clips within the timeline is choppy and blurred in contrast to the files playing in sharp contrast and focus when clicked on in the movie library.

Is this a limitation of the trial version?? It makes sense that it is so, otherwise I could just download a version for 30 days and get a whole lot of HD editing done for free.

But if the blurred and choppy bits are part of the real purchased programe, I'd be somewhat put off!!

All good wishes, and look forward to any advice or responses.

Go to: