Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Ultra or Deluxe
Loveclose [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 20, 2012 08:49 Messages: 76 Offline
[Post New]
I did read the sticky threads and so on, but didn't quite find the answer to a really basic question....

Will the Ultra version work on a 32bit Win7 OS??

The Ultra offers 64bit-native which I'm not overly convinced I understand what that means....

Excuse if this is a blatantly obvious question..... The meek shall inherit the earth, if that's ok with everyone else....
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Hello loveclose. The Ultra version works fine on a 32-bit OS. You won't get the speed that you would with a 64-bit OS, but it will work just fine, assuming your computer has the requisite horsepower and you have the latest Quicktime and video drivers installed.

Don't worry about asking questions. We all started from square one learning this software and everyone here is here to help or be helped, or generally both.

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
Loveclose [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 20, 2012 08:49 Messages: 76 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Phil

I must say that the Ultra was tempting as it has full HD preview, something the trial version most certainly doesn't have, and I personally find it most off putting when the preview mode is sub standard (something you may have gathered from my first thread....)
The meek shall inherit the earth, if that's ok with everyone else....
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
Loveclose,

PD10 Ultra will install a 32 bit PD10 ultra version on a 32 bit machine.

Full HD prieview is only available in 64 bit environments. If your W7 is 32 bit, as per your first post, you will get the 32 bit version of PD10 Ultra. Therefore you will not have Full HD Preview available.

I am running PD10 Ultra on a 32 bit XP system and other than it being slower than the 64 bit version, I am able to produce BD quality results. I just have to do a couple of extra steps to see the final productions.

Using Full HD Preview can be very resource intensive, so you have to have a very robust system to have the best editing experience while using Full HD Preview.

With my system I often have to reduce the preview resolution when working on full HD video or converting it to 3D.

Knowing and accepting what your system is capable of doing is vital to having a good video editing experience with any software package.

Hope this helps a little.

Hal
OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube