Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Output selection
Loveclose [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 20, 2012 08:49 Messages: 76 Offline
[Post New]
Hi gang.

It's been a day or so, and am havin' a ball....(so far, that is, haven't actually made a disc yet....)

So a couple of queries slightly ahead of where I am, cos I like to look ahead....

Apologies if these are basics - but I've scanned the manual and haven't yet found the definitive answers yet.

1) Ultimately, I will be burning to BD disc. Do I need to do the 'produce' section if that is the case?? Or can I go straight to 'Create Disc'??

2) Always get confused as to which output to select. I have found the settings in Create Disc that enable me to select BD as the target disc. Which output would you recommend from there?? MPEG2 or H.264?? My TV supports full 1080p and the files I've been editing are HD files from an HD cam.

3) If 'Produce' I must, I'd welcome any suggestions as to which output to select here as well. MPEG-4 or H.264??

I had the impression that the 'Produce' section was to create an image file. Every other time in the past when I've disc created, (coupel of years ago using a different product),the rendering and disc burning and file creation all took place at the same time, which makes me wonder if 'Produce' is necessary if burning straight to disc.

Life rocks

At the moment!!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 24. 2012 08:41

The meek shall inherit the earth, if that's ok with everyone else....
[Post New]
Quote: Hi gang.

1) Ultimately, I will be burning to BD disc. Do I need to do the 'produce' section if that is the case?? Or can I go straight to 'Create Disc'??

I believe so

2) Always get confused as to which output to select. I have found the settings in Create Disc that enable me to select BD as the target disc. Which output would you recommend from there?? MPEG2 or H.264?? My TV supports full 1080p and the files I've been editing are HD files from an HD cam.

H.264 or MPEG-4 you will need a blyray player on your TV for this format should play on your PC windows 7.

3) If 'Produce' I must, I'd welcome any suggestions as to which output to select here as well. MPEG-4 or H.264??

The same in quality video I believe they are the same format I could be wrong about this but both formats need a blyray play on TV to play DVD.

I had the impression that the 'Produce' section was to create an image file. Every other time in the past when I've disc created, (coupel of years ago using a different product),the rendering and disc burning and file creation all took place at the same time, which makes me wonder if 'Produce' is necessary if burning straight to disc.

Producing video with more than one video clip in time line will make a single video file that will contain any custom effects or text locked into your new video clip.
Loveclose [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks abslayer for your post, much appreciated!

Can you clarigy your answer to Q1, yes you DO need to 'produce' or YES you can go straight to 'Create Disc'??

Cheers!! The meek shall inherit the earth, if that's ok with everyone else....
[Post New]
I have done both ways so yes you can go straight to Create Disc

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 24. 2012 10:49

Loveclose [Avatar]
[Post New]
Rhighto, cheers

Am three quarters through patching in scenes, pics and transistions.

Then adding music and we'll see how it goes.

The only off-putting thing I'm finding at the mo is the image quality of photographs in the preview screen. The video doesn't look too bad (and I've adjusted the preview quality) but pics look a bit grainy by comparison to the original stills.

Here's where I'm hoping all the reassurance of 'it'll look just great' on the final cut to disc kicks in!! The meek shall inherit the earth, if that's ok with everyone else....
[Post New]
Quote: Rhighto, cheers .

Here's where I'm hoping all the reassurance of 'it'll look just great' on the final cut to disc kicks in!!

It will preview is not always great
Loveclose [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'll let you know!! The meek shall inherit the earth, if that's ok with everyone else....
Loveclose [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok, I'm 25 mins into disc authoring, and am a back breaking 2% into the rendering process.

BD disc being prepared @ meg2 output.

Guess it's going to take most of the night??

Would enable hardware video encoder have speeded things up? It looks greyed out anyway..... The meek shall inherit the earth, if that's ok with everyone else....