Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks Cranston for the tip on making a spinning globe gif file, it is close to what I am trying to do.

While I was working in Gimp early this morning, 3:10AM , found these articles concerning revolving cylinder:

Gimp - Spinning Striped Pole
http://www.gimptalk.com/index.php?/topic/43857-gap-spinning-striped-pole/
and
http://www.gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?p=29374#p29374
and
http://www.gimptalk.com/index.php?/topic/16-creating-a-3d-cylinder-in-gimp/

Looks as if one will need to make a gif file after all. Shucks, I was trying not to do that, but the outcome for now is there.

Thanks Again,
Bill
Looking to find a way to put a video or picture into a cylindrical shape object and that has a circular rotation, just not an end over end effect but round and round effect as on a merry-go-round on a play ground or even like the movement of a carousel.

I do not know if in PD-10 a video can be placed into/onto a revolving cylinder and be shown as moving in a circular rotation.
There is a program for Mac users that will do this, the program is from Times For Fun company and name of program is FastCut RT. I am not promoting the Mac program, just wanting to know if that program can do it, how can it be done in PowerDirector as well???

I have been trying to do this in PD-10 without much success. Is there anyone else who has worked on such an idea in PD? I have attached a picture and a short 8 second video to show what I am wishing to try and accomplish in PowerDirector.

Just think it is a neat effect and any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill
Here is my DxDiag on my Windows running on a MAC:
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 7/10/2013, 11:44:06
Machine name: WILLIAM-VM
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp.080413-2111)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: VMware, Inc.
System Model: VMware Virtual Platform
BIOS: PhoenixBIOS 4.0 Release 6.0
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 550 @ 3.20GHz
Memory: 512MB RAM
Page File: 362MB used, 884MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode
This message is to all who wish to use their Mac's for Windows, Linux, Ubuntu and etc. applications.

My wife, knew that I wanted to have a MAC for years but never would turn loose of the money to buy one. Guess what? No, I did not turn loose of the money, she did... When I was forced to retired in 2010, as a retirement present and mainly I think to boost me up a little she bought me the iMAC. I love the large screen it has. So I went about finding a windows virtual machine program to let me have my Windows OS and programs running on my iMac as well. This would be know as Virtualization, a process of concurrently running another (fully functional) operating system over the main OS X installation.

We, humans, have only one brain, just like us the computer needs an operating system, (OS), as well. However, computers can have more than one brain or OS, thereby running multiple OS's at the same time. For instance as I type this reply back in the forum, I am on my iMAC, running Windows XP under a program named VM Fusion. Why am I running XP, because I love it. Now on my other two PC's, I run Windows Vista and Windows 7.

Here is a list of several common scenarios requiring the use of a virtual OS:

Running Windows-only applications on your Mac (like Power Director, CAD, Photoshop, Microsoft Office's 20xx, scientific, or business software)
Running the latest PC games on your Mac
Testing a website in Internet Explorer
Testing and tweaking different UNIX-based and Windows-based systems
Tinkering with the latest beta of an OS or even Power Director

Example: Suppose you have a MacBook that runs OS 10.5 (Leopard). Now you want to run the PeachTree accounting package to catch up with what your accountant is doing. All you need is to install a Windows virtual machine – you don’t need to have a secondary system for this purpose , excited, I was?

Just the other day I was on my PC-Windows 7, started having big time issues with PD10, spent over a week with support and Mr. Tony helping out. I re-formatted my hard drive three times. Made a mistake the first time by not selecting 'quick format'. Won't do that again on a Tera byte hard drive, took over 4 hours to format. I came over to my iMac was able to finish the project in PD10, thereby stopped loosing hair on head... Was I a happy camper, Yeeesss, getter done!! That is Texas talk for Yes.

YES, ONE CAN RUN WINDOWS BASED PROGRAM SUCH AS POWER DIRECTOR OR ANY OTHER PROGRAMS WITHIN THE MAC, AS LONG AS THEY HAVE A VIRTUAL MACHINE PROGRAM RUNNING.

Here is a list of some virtual machine programs,showing their approximate cost and brief description of each, but do you research based on what you are wanting to with the virtual machine program:
VirtualBox.
a combination of a free-as-in-beer price tag, cross-platform support, and a huge number of features that make running and maintaining virtual machines a breeze. Virtual machine descriptions and parameters are stored entirely in plain-text XML files for easy portability and easy folder sharing. Its "Guest Additions" feature, available for Windows, Linux, and Solaris virtual machines, makes VirtualBox user friendly, allowing you to install software on the virtual machine that grants extra privileges to the host machine for tasks like sharing files, sharing drives and peripherals, and more.

This is open source software and it IS good. But when it comes down to it, it cannot even come close to VMWare's offerings when put into enterprise applications.

VirtualBox (Windows/Mac/Linux, Free)
Virtual Box has cross-platform support, and a huge number of features that make running and maintaining virtual machines a breeze. Virtual machine descriptions and parameters are stored entirely in plain-text XML files for easy portability and easy folder sharing. Its "Guest Additions" feature, available for Windows, Linux, and Solaris virtual machines, makes VirtualBox user friendly, allowing you to install software on the virtual machine that grants extra privileges to the host machine for tasks like sharing files, sharing drives and peripherals, and more.

This is open source software and it IS good. But when it comes down to it, it cannot even come close to VMWare's offerings when put into enterprise applications. A lot of computer users are using this program. It's limited, true, but for people working in a strictly Windows environment—and most of the world still is—it gets the job done.

Parallels (Windows/Mac/Linux, $79.99)
Although best known for the Mac version of their virtual machine software, Parallels also runs virtualization on Windows and Linux. Parallels also offers clipboard sharing and synchronization, shared folders, and transparent printer and peripheral support.

VMware (Windows/Linux, Basic: Free, Premium: $189)
VMware for desktop users comes in two primary flavors: VMware Player and VMware Workstation. VMware Player is a free solution aimed at casual users who need to create and run virtual machines but don't need advanced enterprise-level solutions. VMware Workstation includes all the features of VMWare Player—easy virtual machine creation, hardware optimization, driver-less guest OS printing—and adds in the ability to clone machines, take multiple snapshots of the guest OS, and a replay changes made to the guest OS for testing software and recording the results within the virtual machine

QEMU (Linux, Free) not for other OS.
QEMU is a powerful virtualization tool for Linux machines built upon the back of the KVM system (Kernel-based Virtual Machine. Personally, I have never played around with a Linux OS.

Windows Virtual PC (Windows ONLY, Free)
Windows Virtual PC exists solely to emulate other—usually earlier—versions of Windows. If you need to run an applications that only works under Windows XP or test software for backwards compatibility with Vista, Windows Virtual Machine has you covered. It's limited, true, but for people working in a strictly Windows environment—and most of the world still is—it gets the job done.

So if you have a Mac and want to run Window based program here is what is needed to get started:
1. Mac
2. Virtual machine program
3. Windows OS of your choice
4. Follow instructions on installing steps 2 and 3
4. Install window applications within the Windows OS just like you would normally do an install.

Then have fun at just computer rather than three like me.

I am not the support technician on installing any of the above mentioned programs or apps. So please call your program's support staff. I only find issues within programs by mistake, then wonder 'How did that crash happen?'
For those who still don't believe Windows in a Mac or etc, I have attached a screen of my iMac while typing this article. Just locate the mouse pointer and see program it is pointing to and show PD10 in operation.

Hope this doesn't make the water even muddier.
Bill n Texas where it is HOOOOOTTTTTT..
Tony,

I downloaded your file and tried your file on the following programs with the same results:
CyberLink PowerDirector 10
Corel VideoStudio Pro X4
Corel VideoStudio Pro X5
Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9
and yes even on my MAC using iMove6 and Final Cut Express 4 (can't afford the Apple Final Cut Studio 3 - about $1400.00 US dollars. ). BTW: Can you help in getting about a $1300.00 discount????
All programs had the same effect.

Yes there is always going to be a sloppy overlap between the clips, when using the Fade or Cross transitions are used.

Now one can edit whether or not they want to use the Overlap or Cross Transition Behavior effect.
Here is how:

I first placed the Pano.m2ts file into Timeline
Then selected the “Fade Transition”.
Placed the transition onto the clip.
Then right click on the transition and select "Modify Transition Behavior”, Ooops wait, wait and wait, found out before one can click on the "Modify Transition Behavior” selection., the placement of the transition is very critical or you cannot modify the transition. The transition first has to be placed on top of the two adjoining clips (at the end of one and the beginning of the next clip) in order to modify the transition. If the transition is placed onto just one clip, the transition has no Blue Audio area in it. Also this transition can not by right clicking select the "Modify Transition Behavior” option, for it is now grayed out.

If one places the Fade Transition to where it is between the two clips, then the Blue Audio is shown and one can now right on the transition and select and the "Modify Transition Behavior” option.
Now right click on the transition in the timeline and select "Modify Transition Behavior” and select either Overlap or Cross Transition Behavior option to use.
If the Overlap Transition Behavior is used as shown in the “Overlap Option.png” file, the transition just stays at the end of that clip and has a slight blurry transition to the next clip.

Now if the “Cross” option had been selected, it moves the Fade Transitions to where it is exactly between the two clips. This produces a double blurry effect appears, one at the end of first clip applied to and the beginning of the next clip. However, only one frame at the beginning of the next clip is clear, with no blurry effect, but who just sees one frame while viewing the video?

Now click on the Blue Audio area and Right click, then select Remove. This has no effect on the transition for the video part.

Let’s move on over to selecting the “Cross” transition and use it to see what effects occur. The same steps above were applied to it as with the “Fade” transition. The “Cross” transition has a Zoom In-Out and a dark contrast between the two clips.

The PD-10 manual states: “After you drag a transition between two media clips, the transition is set as an overlap transition by default. The transition icon moves to the end of the first media clip. When you modify the transition behavior to a cross transition, the transition shows up between the two media clips. You can tell which type of transition you are using by judging where your transition is located.”

I tried your file on the following programs with the same results:
CyberLink PowerDirector 10
Corel VideoStudio Pro X4
Corel VideoStudio Pro X5
Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9
and yes even on my MAC using iMove6 and Final Cut Express 4 (can't afford the Apple Final Cut Studio 3 - about $1400.00 US dollars. ). Can you help in getting about a $1300.00 discount????
All had the same effect.

And yes it will be blurry whenever a fade or cross transitions is applied, whether it be an Overlap or Cross Transition Behavior. This is due to the fact that the transition merges the two media clips, by overlapping them at the same time.

Personally, I enjoyed the panorama view.

Hope I did not cloud up the water even more than it already is, but this is the best I can do for you.

Bill in Texas - it's hot here.
As of this moment in time, IT IS FIXED. Updated the video card drivers. Now at some kind of peace. Just need to re-install all programs.

Thanks for letting vent and pull hair out...
I spent over 2 days with about 7 hrs of sleep, off-on) trying to re-format & install every program I had on the computer. What a night mare, never do again as I DID NOT check "Perform a quick format". When one has a 1-TeraByte hard, one needs to do a "Perform a quick format".

Had a lot of issues just trying to get Windows 7 installed, switched over to try Windows XP, all most got it to work, that caused a major crash - the BlueScreen Effect...

Finally was able to get Windows 7 installed and operating.
Then re-installed PD-10 and checked PD10 again, and it still has the same issues. I also installed Camstudio in hopes to record what was happening in PD-10, guess what? It would not record, it displayed an error message. I then tried the Corel Video Studio Pro X5, for it has a screen capture feature built into it's program. It too failed to work.

This time did a "Perform a quick format" on the C: and tried re-installing only a few of my programs, like PD10, Camstudio and Corel Video Studio Pro X5. The last two programs worked just fine, however PD10 did not. Took cd of PD10 and installed it onto my wife's laptop, it worked great there...

Went over to my MAC and installed PD-10 under Windows that was created by VM Fusion software. PD-10 worked there, but was slow on rendering while in the Title Designer play and pause area.

Side Note: I did noticed that anytime you add a DZ3DT, not only did it show up in 3D-Like but also in the Download areas as well, how strange, but when one thinks about it, the file was downloaded - right?

Right now I am trying to figure out how to remove RAID and then be able to use the 1-Tera Bytes drives as separate drives. Not been successful at that yet.
al least no fireworks happened during all of this.
I have already done two Uninstalls and 3 installs. All have same issues.
The last file.
I have tried to find on my computer the FOLDERS and FILES associated with Cyberlink Power Dower 10, starting at:
C:\Users:\Public:\Cyberlink
C:\Programs\Cyberlink
C:\Program Files X86\Cyberlink

I have attached 3 Excel spreadsheets, (in 97-2003 format) for each of the above mentioned locations, showing Folders, Sub-Folders, and Files.

If there are any other locations that I might be able to research for, please don't hesitate to let me know.

One more question, if I download the trial version of PD11 and install it, will it have any effect on my installed PD10?

Thanks,
Bill
I did that as well, no luck.
There are no silly questions, at least from you...

Here is a screen shot of my PD10
and those 10 jpegs do show up in the 3D Texture Settings
to answer the last question: " when you go to C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates\PowerDirector Content Pack 10\PowerDirector 10 Content Pack II\Titles - is the "Texture" folder present?"
Yes, I have 10 jpegs.

Thanks
Cannot select any pictures
I had a major crash and had to reformat hd. Installed all programs, now having issues with PD10.

I started out re-installing PD9 and all of it's updates.
Then re-installed the 1_CyberLink_PowerDirector10_UltraUpgrade_1129b_VDE111026-03
then the CyberLink_PowerDirector10_ContentPackI_PCP110812-04
then the CyberLink_PowerDirector10_ContentPackII_PCP110929-01.

After installing these PD10's files plus the seven updates, PD10 started giving me issues when trying to do PDToots' 6cubes Template Pack (PDtoots) based on his tutorial on YouTube "Six 3D Image Cubes Effect - PowerDirector10/11 Tutorial".
I followed his instructions to the letter.

I selected the '6cube Flipper" template from the Title Room, under the 3D-Like area and placed it onto the timeline.
Clicked on Modify, which opened the Title Designer. Made sure the Font type, size and color was correct, then clicked on a the 3D Texture Settings, added my pictures to the texture list. Then this is where PD10 failed, I clicked on the picture for the 1st position, but it will not accept it or any other picture.

Thought I would try and make a similar Title template like PDToots, but had the same results.

I even tried using another dz3ct file from the Director Zone named "3D Cube". Had the same results.

Can anyone be of help for I am now dead in the water without a motor, a sail or paddle and the boat has a hole in it...

Thanks
Bill
I have found two (2) UNO.dll drivers, on my somputer.

After right clicking on each and selecting DETAILS found both to have the following stats:
File version 1.0.0.914
Product version1.0.0914.r34597
Date modified 12/13/2011 9:12PM

However the UNO.dll located in the C:\Program Files\Cyberlink\PowerDirector10\Boomerang\x64 shows to have a file size of 485 KB.
The next UNO.dll located in the C:\Program Files\Cyberlink\PowerDirector10\Boomerang\x86 shows to have a file size of 385 KB.

Would this be causing the program to crash?

Why is the LANGUAGE shown as Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan)? I use English.
replacement UNO.dll driver, how can I obtain the driver?

MyAbout CyberLink PowerDirector v10 64 bit
PowerDiteector Ultra 10.0.0.1129b
SR Number: VDE111026-03
Licensed to: Bill Holder
The more I dig into PD10 and it's Motion Path w/Keyframes issues, the more I have found the issue to be in the design of the Motion Path itself. If the Motion Path, that was created in the PiP Designer, was either "curved", "waves", or "circular" in their motion path, then problems will occur. When one goes into the Keyframes settings and tries to add, remove a Keyframe, to change the Opacity levels, to change the H scale or the W scales values, then the Motion's path is DEFINIETLY distorted.

If the Motion path, made in PiP designer, were straight, angled, horizontal or vertical, rectangular, square or even partially forms a box then any changes made in the Keyframes setting DOES NOT EFFECT and I repeat DOES NOT EFFECT the Motion Paths does not distort it either.

I tested these theories out today, as I picked nearly everyone of the Motion Paths , in the PiP Designer room, and made those changes to each one. The results are shown here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSdYR_tDefI

Be sure to watch these videos at my YT site. Also there are several other videos that I posted as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k73E_QmWwg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbhxexQYIqw

Also thought it was the way I Produced the file as a WMV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrt_ZhxQTN8
or the MPEG-2 format

Because when I produced it in Sony Vegas Pro 10 it was OK.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxUGE5RiZSg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDjeC3GrPnM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNGQqrl-jUo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGRowv0Tl7o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXKRN0VIw3I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy3NxJckJEE

This all of my videos so far that I have posted to help get this issue resolved.
The more I have dug into PD10 and the Motion Path issue, the more I have found the issue to be if the Motion Path that was created in the PiP Designer was "curved", "waves", or "circular" in their motion path. If so, then when one goes into the Keyframes settings and tries to add, remove a Keyframe, to change the Opacity levels, to change the H scale vales or the W scales, then the Motion's path is distorted.

If the created Motion path made in PiP designer were straight, angled, horizontal or vertical, rectangular, or square or even partially forms a box then any changes made in the Keyframes setting DOES NOT EFFECT and I repeat DOES NOT EFFECT the Motion Paths does not distort it either.

I just did these today and tied nearly everyone of the Motion Paths in the PiP Designer room. And that was my results.

Be sure to watch these videos at my YT site. Also there are several other videos that I posted as well.

Also thought it was the way I Produced the file as a WMV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrt_ZhxQTN8
or the MPEG-2 format

Because when I produced it in Sony Vegas Pro 10 it was OK.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxUGE5RiZSg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDjeC3GrPnM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNGQqrl-jUo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGRowv0Tl7o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXKRN0VIw3I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy3NxJckJEE

This all of my videos so far that I have created to help get this issue resolved.
Well I ahve created the following videos trying to explain to the Support staff at Cyberlink the issues with Motion Paths having a Curved or Circular path. It has been to no avail yet in getting a reasonable correct answer. They have done nothing but SPIN the topic, they must be in Washington D.C..

from the Support reply as follows:
"According to the user guide of PowerDirector 10:

Rotation: enter in the preferred orientation in degrees for media clips at different moments (keyframes) in your video production."

My response back"
Actually, the manual refers to this in the Text editing area, see Step 7. Use the sliders to rotate the 3D text to generate your preferred orientation. Overlap the text and the PiP object, and then click Save." on page 54 of Chapter 1, Quick Start Tips.

No where else in the PD10 manuals does it say anything about 'preferred orientation'. Also please note in the video, PD10 does display both negative and decimals numbers in the Rotation value area under the Clip Attributes functions.

Here is the web page link for the video.
http://youtu.be/2k73E_QmWwg

They then responded back:
Thanks for writing back.

I understand your concern related with CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Ultra upgrade and you are facing an issue with the Keyframe settings under rotation.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

In regards to your issue, I would like to inform you that the link for the video that you sent me helped me a lot in rectifying the issue and hence, I got the solution. Please follow the instructions and look at the attachment.

1. Launch PowerDirector 10.

2. Import the Blue Circle and drag it down to the timeline.

3. Double click on the blue circle from the timeline and it will open a PiP Designer window.

4. In PiP Designer window, click on the second option from the left hand side buttons which says "Add/Edit motion for the PiP effect".

5. Select the "Circle" from the path and if you look down, you also have another settings i.e. "Rotation Settings".

6. In Rotation settings, you need to click on button which says "Set to zero degrees" and now click on Save.

You can look at the attachment where you can find these settings and hence, you will get the Rotation as -0.6 automatically in Keyframe>>Clip Attributes>>Rotation.

I responded back:
To Support:
You all are still missing the main issues of the trouble report as shown above. I keep getting answers that evade the QUESTIONS PRESENTED ABOVE AND NOW BELOW.

I have been trying to get the Support Staff at Cyberlink to understand the issues we are having with the PowerDirector 10 version when it comes to the Motion Paths as a curve or circular in movement. When selecting Keyframes, after using the PiP Designer to choose a Motion Path, if adding or removing Keyframes, or changing the Opacity levels, or changing the H scale or the W scale the programs WILL DISTORT the Motion Path from it's original path.

However, if the Motion Path is in a straight line, then the adding or removing Keyframes, or changing the Opacity levels, or changing the H scale or the W scale WILL NO EFFECT the Motion Path from it's original path. The straight line can be angled, box shape, vertical or horizontal in it's Motion Path.

This video is for the support staff at Cyberlink to fink their problems with PowerDirector 10.
url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSdYR_tDefI[/url]

[
Go to: