Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

I assume you tried it, select audio in the timeline.
Tools button, choose, Audio Editor
Make a small adjustment to the volume or other
OK to close and return to PD
A new audio file in .WAV format has been superimposed on the timeline
It should solve your case.

I haven't tried this, but will try it next time when the issue happens again. This is the very first time I see this issue.

Thanks & regards,
Lee
Quote I imagine the issue is with the "sowt" audio codec that's used in your clip. You'll probably have to transcode the clip using a free app like Handbrake or VirtualDub2 and choose AAC, AC3 or a more common form of PCM as the audio format.

You can also try downloading the free QTLite codec which supplants the no-longer-supported Apple QuickTime codec on Windows computers and see if that allows PD to correctly work with the existing audio track.

Thank you for the suggestions. I'll give it a try when the issue occurs again.

Regards,
Lee
Quote There may be an issue with the encoding on that specific clip and it would help to see the details. Use the MediaInfo online tool, drag your clip there then click on the Download MediaInfo Report button and attach it here

Also, what happens if you force PD to generate a waveform fo that clip? Use the right-click menu when you click on the timeline clip:

Attached please find the MediaInfo Report for the track with waveform issue.

By the way, after reboot and re-open the same project, the track (without waveform before reboot) displays waveform okay now. I'll try Regenerate Waveform next time if I see this issue again.

Thanks & regards,
Lee
Hi,

I have a project that includes several sound tracks. One sound track does not show waveform (it just shows a straight line without waveform) but I can hear sound normally if I play this sound track. Other sound tracks in the same project show waveform okay. Not sure what could be missed for this sound track.

By the way, Preference -> "Show sound waveform in timeline" is enabled. Please see attached screenshot.

Thanks & regards,
Lee
Quote You missed something. On the Selected Range tab, you're free to create as many timeshifts as you want on each clip.

Even if that wasn't the case, you'd simply split the clip on the timeline and apply whatever speed changes you want to each individual section.

Thank you. Your are right. I could create multiple timeshifts on a clip. The "Easy in" and "Easy out" are very helpful to smooth transition from one timeshift to another.

Regards,
Lee
Quote Use the Selected Range tool on the Video Speed Designer to create the desired time shifts. Watch a tutorial or read the online help section for more info.

Thank you for the information. It looks like what I was looking for so I gave it a try.

It seems we can change video speed in only one selected section (but not multiple sections with different speed changes). Is it right, or do I miss something?

I checked a couple of tutorial videos on speed changes but all of them show speed change for only one selected section.

Thanks & regards,
Lee
Hi,

Kayframe is a very usefull and powerfull tool to change video properties (color, zoom & pan, etc.) in different sections of the video. Can we use keyframe to change video play speed in different sections?

For the attached video that was recorded by drone. When drop flies higher and higher, the zoom out effect becomes weaker and weaker. If we can use keyframe to increase play speed faster and faster, we can compensate the zoom out effect smoothly. Currently we split the video into sections and adjust speed of each section seperately to get smooth zoom out changes for the whole video.

Thanks & regards,
Lee
Quote All supported formats are here. Another option besides conversion would be to find a different YT downloader app that saves clips in a supported format.

Thanks. I was not aware of this, and though the format of downloaded video is decided by video source and download quality.

I tried a couple of download tools so far to download the following 4K video and they both gave me AV1 format (the one PD20 doesn't support). I'll try other tools.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdFrfiaEsx0&t=2081s

Thanks & regards,
Lee

So the import issue is as I described in linked post, AV1 in your 4k download. No, PD20 does not support AV1. Option is to convert to supported format for editing in PD.

My guess, doubtful PD will support since it never fully supported predecessors like VP8, VP9 (except webm container) which have been around for years. You can always submit to CL for possible inclusion.

Jeff

Thanks for the info.

Regards,
Lee

Yes, they can use different formats, also can depend on download tool. Use MediaInfo app or webservice to see codec details of the 2K and 4K footage you downloaded.

Jeff

I uploaded both 4K and 2K video clips to MediaInfo and found:

Format of the 4K video is "AV1"
Format of the 2K video is "AVC"

Please see attached MediaInfo output files

So PD 20 still doesn't support AV1?

Thanks & regards,
Lee

Thanks, Jeff.

So even though 2K and 4K videos clips are downloaded from the same YouTube video (just select different quality when download them), they may use different formats. That's why 2K can be added to PD 20 but not 4K?

Thanks & regards,
Lee
Hi,

I downloaded a 4K video from Youtube but it cannot be added to PD 20 Media Content. Only its audio is added. Then I download the same Youtube video with 2K quality. The 2K video can be added to PD 20 Media Content without issues. Can someone please let me know why 4K cannot be added but 2K is okay? Both 2K and 4K video are from the same Youtude video.

Thanks & regards,
Lee
Quote It depends a bit on how the remainder of the video is, e.g. whether the camera is moving (a lot) etc. but this is also a way of approach this:

• make a screenshot of the video clip, look a bit at what frame the background is suitable

• Open the screnshot in a photo-program like PhotoDirector and remove the unwanted persons and objects

• Put the resulting image in track 1 on the time line

• Put the video clip on track 2 on the time line

• Open the mask designer for clip 2 and mask out everthing but the dancers in the foreground

Again, if the camera moves to much it may be more difficult, but have a look at the result given the clip you have uploaded (attached)

Thank you for the detailed procedure. It helps a lot.

Regards.

To remove moving objects there's a special tool called 'Hide' from Prodad: https://www.prodad.com/Video-editing-and-modification/HIDE-V1-86057,l-us.html

Wow, this looks like a magic tool laughing Thank you for the information.

Regards.
Quote You can certainly mask out people and objects using BorisFX tools, although any motion there will require some keyframe work.

Alternately, you can try an inverse mask on one of the blurring FX to soften everything above and to the sides of the dancers. You can feather the edges of that mask to soften the change from focused content to blurred background.

Thank you for the information. Working with new tools is always fun but takes some time to get familiar with it. We start checking and see what BorisFX tool can do for our needs and how.

Not sure if PD has any functions we can use to mask/blur (still or moving) subjects in background? Wish it did.

Thanks & regards.

Even a very high end CPU and GPU will still struggle with real-time fluid playback of the timeline in PD when certain corrections are applied to the video and the video is high quality compressed.

Correct, "Produced" video quality is not affected.

Jeff

Thank you for your conformation for the "Produced" video quality, and CPU/GPU information.

Regards.

Behavior highly dependent on video bitrate, fps and codec. Higher bitrate, higher fps, more compact codec, all put additional strain on the CPU to apply real-time corrections to each frame during playback.

Complexity of using a compressed video stream that needs decoding and real-time Fix/Enhance corrections on each frame. They are in sync, just not during timeline editing playback as timeline fluidity is not really real-time as the system can't handle it. "Render Preview" and/or "Produce Range" and/or "Producing" Fix/Enhance corrections first and using that clip in timeline are options that PD has.

Jeff

Thank you for the details. Much appreciate. It helps a lot!

The system we use is only two years old but it seems we already need to upgrade it to get better CUP & GPU frown

Just to make sure... even though we observe this behavior when playing the video in PD, when we produce a final video, the video quality won't be degraded, correct?

Regards.

Yes, Fix/Enhance is a CPU adjustment feature so the high CPU load is expected, as it was in the prior PD, the GPU does nothing for modifying each frame for this feature. One needs to compare "like" events when one declares something different in new version.

Jeff

To make sure what we observed with PD20 is caused by PD20, we go back and try PD19. You are right, both PD19 and PD20 have the same behavior, i.e. Fix/Enhance of PD19 and PD20 both take more (similar additional amount of) CPU bandwidth.

We didn't notice the video delay/lagging issue when using PD19 becasue different videos were used with PD19. So the video delay/lagging issue was not obvious when PD19 was used.

The behavior that video lags behind audio (when Fix/Enhance is used) feels very strange. Not sure if we can sync both video and audio somehow. Or this is system related?

Thanks & regards.
Quote If you've got a reasonable GPU, try using GPU decoding (pref > Hardware Acceleration) and see how that does if your current video stream format is supported by your GPU.

Jeff

We have already used "hardware decoding". Please see attached screenshot.

To narrowdown this issue further, we ran more tests and found that video speed becomes normal (it's synced with audio and smooth) and CUP usage drops to ~55% if we do not use Fix/Enhance.

If we use Fix/Enhance --> Lighting Adjustment, then this issue occurs (video speed is not synced with audio and not smooth) when play the same track.

Not sure why Lighting Adjustment could possibly cause this problem.

Thanks & regards.
Hi,

With PD 20, we notice that audio & video of the same track are not synced. Video could be delayed by audio more than 5 seconds. We didn't notice such issue with PD 19 on the same computer. Video speed is not very smooth either.

Windows Task Manager shows that PD 20 takes almost all CPU bandwith when it plays a video (98% when play video vs. 1% when not paly video). Please see the attached screenshot. Not sure why PD 20 takes so much CPU bandwith, and if it's possible to improve it.

By the way, we didn't check PD 19 CPU usage when it plays video as we didn't encounter this issue.

Thansk & regards,
Lee
Go to: