Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can we use keyframe in PD20 to change video speed?
bjch512 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 21, 2021 23:32 Messages: 91 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Kayframe is a very usefull and powerfull tool to change video properties (color, zoom & pan, etc.) in different sections of the video. Can we use keyframe to change video play speed in different sections?

For the attached video that was recorded by drone. When drop flies higher and higher, the zoom out effect becomes weaker and weaker. If we can use keyframe to increase play speed faster and faster, we can compensate the zoom out effect smoothly. Currently we split the video into sections and adjust speed of each section seperately to get smooth zoom out changes for the whole video.

Thanks & regards,
Lee
 Filename
zoom-effect2.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
6465 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
118 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 05. 2022 17:52

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Use the Selected Range tool on the Video Speed Designer to create the desired time shifts. Watch a tutorial or read the online help section for more info.
bjch512 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Use the Selected Range tool on the Video Speed Designer to create the desired time shifts. Watch a tutorial or read the online help section for more info.

Thank you for the information. It looks like what I was looking for so I gave it a try.

It seems we can change video speed in only one selected section (but not multiple sections with different speed changes). Is it right, or do I miss something?

I checked a couple of tutorial videos on speed changes but all of them show speed change for only one selected section.

Thanks & regards,
Lee
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You missed something. On the Selected Range tab, you're free to create as many timeshifts as you want on each clip.

Even if that wasn't the case, you'd simply split the clip on the timeline and apply whatever speed changes you want to each individual section.
bjch512 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You missed something. On the Selected Range tab, you're free to create as many timeshifts as you want on each clip.

Even if that wasn't the case, you'd simply split the clip on the timeline and apply whatever speed changes you want to each individual section.

Thank you. Your are right. I could create multiple timeshifts on a clip. The "Easy in" and "Easy out" are very helpful to smooth transition from one timeshift to another.

Regards,
Lee