Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Dear Cyberlink support

Due to above posts I have moved to other software.
I didnt get a refund for a non-merchantable product - not much I can do about it living in Australia.
Just to let you know heaps of people are agreeing with me and cant believe the poor render of HD on bluray.
I proven with tests and other branded software its not the camera,method,etc.
Its your rendering engine. - You will slowly lose your customers this way by ignoring them and hoping they will go away quietly.
I am very disappointed with the lack of response from support, the refund matter and all the time wasted finding and proving the problem.
Anyway thats the internet for you - if you do get a problem with a product then the company can just go quiet and ignore you until you go away.

Steve
Dear Cyberlink support

Due to above posts I have moved to other software.
I didnt get a refund for a non-merchantable product - not much I can do about it living in Australia.
Just to let you know heaps of people are agreeing with me and cant believe the poor render of HD on bluray.
I proven with tests and other branded software its not the camera,method,etc.
Its your rendering engine. - You will slowly lose your customers this way by ignoring them and hoping they will go away quietly.
I am very disappointed with the lack of response from support, the refund matter and all the time wasted finding and proving the problem.
Anyway thats the internet for you - if you do get a problem with a product then the company can just go quiet and ignore you until you go away.

Steve
Hi everyone I'm back - HD quality is a joke with this software - render engine is very poor. Due to large number of emails I have received this is what I use for perfect results :-

I am using Ulead VideoStudio Pro X2 for editing and DVD Moviefactory 6 with HD pack for burning.

This gives perfect results. Good luck.

Regards and best wishes

Steve
Hi everyone I'm back - HD quality is a joke with this software - render engine is very poor. Due to large number of emails I have received this is what I use for perfect results :-

I am using Ulead VideoStudio Pro X2 for editing and DVD Moviefactory 6 with HD pack for burning.

This gives perfect results. Good luck.

Regards and best wishes

Steve
I am now using different software which doesn't reencode the video and the end result was perfect. My camera and bluray burner are fine - its the poor rendering of PowerDirector - its better than standard definition but no where near full HD. The facts speak for themselves - look at the photo comparisons on my previous post under PowerDirector version 6 and above for Steve. With my new software the comparisons of the frames are identical - ie no loss of quality at all. Should really get my money back - PowerDirector is not a merchantable quality product as far as rendering quality fullHD on Blu-ray.
I have a new JVC HD-5 Full HD video camera. Full HD Video played with HDMI cable straight to HD TV is perfect. After Using Power Director 7 latest version Ultra and making a Full HD 1920 BluRay Disc and playing on a Sony Blu-Ray player quality is significantly reduced and very poor (comparable to standard definition) - Not Happy. Also note if the original footage is re-encoded with other software quality is same to the original camera.
Do I get my money back - the HD Blu-Ray area of this product is not merchantable quality?
I am now using different software which doesn't reencode the video and the end result was perfect. My camera and bluray burner are fine - its the poor rendering of PowerDirector - its better than standard definition but no where near full HD. The facts speak for themselves - look at the above photo comparisons. With my new software the comparisons of the frames are identical - ie no loss of quality at all. Should really get my money back - PowerDirector is not a merchantable quality product as far as rendering quality fullHD on Blu-ray.
Thankyou Dafydd
Thanks for your reply. -I Agree !!! Not Good Enough !!!
I have a new JVC HD-5 Full HD video camera. Full HD Video played with HDMI cable straight to HD TV is perfect. After Using Power Director 7 latest version Ultra and making a Full HD 1920 BluRay Disc and playing on a Sony Blu-Ray player quality is significantly reduced and very poor (comparable to standard definition) - Not Happy. Also note if the original footage is re-encoded with other software quality is comparable to the original camera.
Do I get my money back - the HD Blu-Ray area of this product is not merchantable quality?
Steve

PS.I have attached a frame from original footage and another frame produced from Power Director Ultra 7 footage. - see the obvious and dramatic difference ??? NB. I accept the moving people, but look at the stationery objects like the small silver car in the background ,fence and red mat,etc.
Support didn't give me an answer. Luckily the JVC Everio HD camera I bought came with Power Director version 6 NE and so I uninstalled version 7 deluxe I had bought for my SD camera, and installed version 6 that came with the HD camera, and then upgraded to version 7 ultra in the normal manner throught the website.
I think an upgrade button for people with version 7 deluxe to go to version 7 ultra should be added by Cyberlink Upgrade page as well - as I was just lucky I bought a JVC HD camera later that came with version 6.
I purchased Power Director 7 Deluxe 3 weeks ago. Now I have bought a HD camera and blue-ray burner and want to upgrade to the Ultra version. But the upgrade area only allows for upgrades from old versions 5/6 to Ultra 7 - and i want to upgrade from version 7 Deluxe to version 7 Ultra. I have contacted support with the same query. Can I upgrade within the same version. thanks Steve
Thanks for your suggestion Bif - just received a reset on the download from support - I'll see how I go.
yeah ive cooled down now - thanks for your reply - i've contacted support with my order number,etc so hopefully they will reply soon with a new link.

I thought it would have been good if they had warned me that there was limited times I could try to download before I would be denied access.

thanks again - Steve
purchased power director 7 online. speed was crap so i restarted a few times, and now it says ive downloaded too many times - sorry contact support - crap - ive paid for it and cant get it????????????????

Go to: