Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Worst FullHD rendering software on Blu-Ray I've ever seen
Steve [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 06, 2008 01:37 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
I have a new JVC HD-5 Full HD video camera. Full HD Video played with HDMI cable straight to HD TV is perfect. After Using Power Director 7 latest version Ultra and making a Full HD 1920 BluRay Disc and playing on a Sony Blu-Ray player quality is significantly reduced and very poor (comparable to standard definition) - Not Happy. Also note if the original footage is re-encoded with other software quality is same to the original camera.
Do I get my money back - the HD Blu-Ray area of this product is not merchantable quality?
Steve [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am now using different software which doesn't reencode the video and the end result was perfect. My camera and bluray burner are fine - its the poor rendering of PowerDirector - its better than standard definition but no where near full HD. The facts speak for themselves - look at the photo comparisons on my previous post under PowerDirector version 6 and above for Steve. With my new software the comparisons of the frames are identical - ie no loss of quality at all. Should really get my money back - PowerDirector is not a merchantable quality product as far as rendering quality fullHD on Blu-ray.
Milosz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 19, 2008 04:45 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Agree with you completely. When I saw the quality of my Full-HD movie burned onto blue ray I couldn't believe my eyes. The overall quality is worse than poor !!! It's a joke !

Can you let me know what other software you use for producing movies, to keep the original Full-HD quality recorder on your JVC?
I feel like saying big good-bye to cyberlink products.
How can they be releasing new patches of software and not fixing things like this???
Unbelievable…

Thanks
Milos
Steve [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi everyone I'm back - HD quality is a joke with this software - render engine is very poor. Due to large number of emails I have received this is what I use for perfect results :-

I am using Ulead VideoStudio Pro X2 for editing and DVD Moviefactory 6 with HD pack for burning.

This gives perfect results. Good luck.

Regards and best wishes

Steve
Steve [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dear Cyberlink support

Due to above posts I have moved to other software.
I didnt get a refund for a non-merchantable product - not much I can do about it living in Australia.
Just to let you know heaps of people are agreeing with me and cant believe the poor render of HD on bluray.
I proven with tests and other branded software its not the camera,method,etc.
Its your rendering engine. - You will slowly lose your customers this way by ignoring them and hoping they will go away quietly.
I am very disappointed with the lack of response from support, the refund matter and all the time wasted finding and proving the problem.
Anyway thats the internet for you - if you do get a problem with a product then the company can just go quiet and ignore you until you go away.

Steve