Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
In the past I have been able to highlight/select multiple image files on the timeline and then apply a random pan and zoom effect to them automatically all at once. The program moves from one to the next until they are all done. It seems with the new version that this is no longer possible. Once you have selected more than one the pan and zoom menu option is no longer there. Rather one has to go and do it one by one. It's not a big deal but it does slow one down and is tedious. Am I missing something?

Cross has no impact either way so it will not revert the timeline to the original duration. I you'd like that to happen you can send the feedback to CyberLink by going to File > Send Feedback/Suggestions

I will send in that suggestion. Thanks!
Quote You can set the transition behavior to cross in the preferences so that does not happen. You may want to use undo the next time you realize this and then change it in the preferences.

Thank you for the reply. Actually I am happy with the overlap setting. Basically I am reporting what looks to me like an error in their programming. If you put on an overlap transition, the lower track moves in, and if you then take it off, the lower track moves back. This is how it should be. If you put on a cross transition, nothing has to move, and nothing does. OK again. But put on an overlap and then change it to a cross, and the lower track does not move bac as it should. Therefore, there's a fault in the program here. That is, unless I am missing something!
I have been adding titles to track 2 that lie under specific clips on track 1. Recently I added a transition to 2 clips before the clip with the title below it. When I did, track 1 shortened by 2 seconds (the length of the transition) and the title on track 2 moved down by 2 seconds. It still lay beneath the appropriate clip on track 1. All is perfect.
I then changed the nature of the transition from overlap to cross. Track 1 lengthened by 2 seconds but the title on track 2 did not move up and back to its proper place.
I have attached a demo project showing the timeline. This based on exactly what happened when using the program. The top is the clips and title without a transition. The second is the same but with the overlap transition. The title has moved down. The third shows what happens when I change the transition to cross. The title did not move back.
Not a big deal here but if I had a much more complicated project I would have to move all the later track 2 clips to their proper places. Is there a way to avoid this? Thanks.
I figured it out. When you produce a movie, then the folder into which the produced movie goes gets set to the Export folder. The next time you use PowerDirector that folder is your new export folder and is shown as such in the options. To keep the folder the same one must always produce to the default folder. I guess it can be moved/copied/deleted after that without any issues as long as the icon is deleted from the library.

If you configure the Export Folder all shadow files, audio, SnapShot if automatic.
But there are those who prefer to save in the same project folder.

Sure - but I have found that the folder location is changed by PowerDirector. I have put in my desired location multiple times but then it gets changed by the program. This is my question - how can I stop that from happening.

M
Is it possible to keep all shadow files in one place? Right now they seem to be placed at random. I would prefer one folder for all but PowerDirector doesn't stay with the ones I type into the options. Sometimes they go into older project files and not my current one.

no, I mean just Zoom in View, on the Timeline.

I'm a newbie. Is that going into the view box and changing the dimensions of the clip?

Anyway - all of my clips now have waves. I went to task manager and closed the program from there. When I restarted it asked if wanted the old project back. I said yes, and all the clips arrived back with audio waves. And they all now have shadow files! Clearly some bug in the program.
Quote Maybe post one of the clips (google drive, drop box, one drive....or the like) you are having issues with to see if a PD systemic issue.

Jeff

It's a PD issue for sure. I have put up clips from about three video cameras as well as Zoom recordings. The camera clips are standard video and edit well in this and other programs. They all fail in terms of shadow files and audio waves.

Have you tried switching off shadow files in Preferences to see if that affects the waveform generation. Many folk try not to use them unless absolutely necessary for editing, as they've had a history of being a bit prone to difficulty in some circumstances.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

I did and then switched them back on. No difference!
Quote Zooming in or out often helps, but I'm sure you've tried that!

I've managed to regenerate waveforms, but like some other things in PD, once you've done it a few times, it will just ignore you!

Using Crop/Zoom/Pan?

You have already tried to close and reopen PD.
Also restarting your PC, sometimes resolves strange problems that appear.

Yes, restarted many times, and rebooted several times. Thanks!
These are short clips. But nothing happens. The icon on the media content clips is yellow for all and the note when you put the mouse on them says Shadow file generating. This is also true for the one that has a shadow file. It's been a couple of hours now and nothing has changed. There's only 3 minutes of clips on the timeline. Thanks!
Tried it earlier, several times. No response. Just tried it again. Nothing. Seems to be ignoring me! :
Sorry to put this up because I know it has been asked in the past. Basically I did a trial of PowerDirector a few days ago and then bought a subscription. I have been using it fine and have produced at least 6 1 - 2 hour movies based on Zoom session recordings. However, I am typically not seeing the audio wave in the video clips. That doesn't bother me a lot most times. But occasionally I would like to see it and edit on the basis of what I see. My understanding, maybe wrong, is that this was an old problem that had been fixed. I am wrong? Any ideas?

After I wrote this and posted I saw that the issue is related to shadow files. While the program says it is creating them, nothing is appearing in the folder. One interesting thing was that just before this, when I was exploring the issue, I managed to crash the program. When I re-started it, it asked me about re-loading the project. I did, and the one clip I had in it came up with an audio wave and a shadow file. I then added other clips and nothing has happened to them - no audio and no shadow files.
Go to: