Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Shadow file location
MikeA9 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 05, 2021 10:35 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Is it possible to keep all shadow files in one place? Right now they seem to be placed at random. I would prefer one folder for all but PowerDirector doesn't stay with the ones I type into the options. Sometimes they go into older project files and not my current one.
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Is it possible to keep all shadow files in one place? Right now they seem to be placed at random. I would prefer one folder for all but PowerDirector doesn't stay with the ones I type into the options. Sometimes they go into older project files and not my current one.

If you configure the Export Folder all shadow files, audio, SnapShot if automatic.
But there are those who prefer to save in the same project folder.
[Thumb - expor folder.png]
 Filename
expor folder.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
42 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)
MikeA9 [Avatar]
[Post New]

If you configure the Export Folder all shadow files, audio, SnapShot if automatic.
But there are those who prefer to save in the same project folder.

Sure - but I have found that the folder location is changed by PowerDirector. I have put in my desired location multiple times but then it gets changed by the program. This is my question - how can I stop that from happening.

M
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
It seems to me that the Export folder is changed when PD has a new update.
It goes back to the default folder. XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
MikeA9 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I figured it out. When you produce a movie, then the folder into which the produced movie goes gets set to the Export folder. The next time you use PowerDirector that folder is your new export folder and is shown as such in the options. To keep the folder the same one must always produce to the default folder. I guess it can be moved/copied/deleted after that without any issues as long as the icon is deleted from the library.
AVPlayVideo
[Post New]
I'm out of the PC now to confirm, but you must select a folder to save the video before giving the Start render, if you don't choose a PD folder, it directs you to an Export folder.
In my case, I really choose the folder where I saved the project. XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365