Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Clip movement on different tracks
MikeA9 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 05, 2021 10:35 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
I have been adding titles to track 2 that lie under specific clips on track 1. Recently I added a transition to 2 clips before the clip with the title below it. When I did, track 1 shortened by 2 seconds (the length of the transition) and the title on track 2 moved down by 2 seconds. It still lay beneath the appropriate clip on track 1. All is perfect.
I then changed the nature of the transition from overlap to cross. Track 1 lengthened by 2 seconds but the title on track 2 did not move up and back to its proper place.
I have attached a demo project showing the timeline. This based on exactly what happened when using the program. The top is the clips and title without a transition. The second is the same but with the overlap transition. The title has moved down. The third shows what happens when I change the transition to cross. The title did not move back.
Not a big deal here but if I had a much more complicated project I would have to move all the later track 2 clips to their proper places. Is there a way to avoid this? Thanks.
[Thumb - Timeline.jpg]
 Filename
Timeline.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
273 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You can set the transition behavior to cross in the preferences so that does not happen. You may want to use undo the next time you realize this and then change it in the preferences.
MikeA9 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You can set the transition behavior to cross in the preferences so that does not happen. You may want to use undo the next time you realize this and then change it in the preferences.

Thank you for the reply. Actually I am happy with the overlap setting. Basically I am reporting what looks to me like an error in their programming. If you put on an overlap transition, the lower track moves in, and if you then take it off, the lower track moves back. This is how it should be. If you put on a cross transition, nothing has to move, and nothing does. OK again. But put on an overlap and then change it to a cross, and the lower track does not move bac as it should. Therefore, there's a fault in the program here. That is, unless I am missing something!
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]

Thank you for the reply. Actually I am happy with the overlap setting. Basically I am reporting what looks to me like an error in their programming. If you put on an overlap transition, the lower track moves in, and if you then take it off, the lower track moves back. This is how it should be. If you put on a cross transition, nothing has to move, and nothing does. OK again. But put on an overlap and then change it to a cross, and the lower track does not move bac as it should. Therefore, there's a fault in the program here. That is, unless I am missing something!

Cross has no impact either way so it will not revert the timeline to the original duration. I you'd like that to happen you can send the feedback to CyberLink by going to File > Send Feedback/Suggestions Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.
MikeA9 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Cross has no impact either way so it will not revert the timeline to the original duration. I you'd like that to happen you can send the feedback to CyberLink by going to File > Send Feedback/Suggestions

I will send in that suggestion. Thanks!