Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hello Wolfgang,

this works fine for me:

drag an rectangle around your desired keyframes or mouse-click & holding SHIFT button lets me select several key frames.

Does this not work for you??

Best wishes,
Robin

Hi Robin,
the rectangle around the keyframes (in the keyframe view) works well to mark more then one, the SHIFT button dont. But with the CTRL button you can mark more then one keyframe in PD (19). These marked several keyframes I can shift now to anoter point in the timeline - so this is very good for my case, thank you very much for your input.

To make another action (e.g. 'delete') with more then one marked keyframes is not possible because every command (e.g. CTR 'X') will be applied on the marked clip within the time line an not with the marked keyframes.

I did the change with the external program Nero Wave Editor. And if I opened the .wav file with e.g. Adobe Premiere Elements I can see the right wave form. In the past I worked with Premiere Elements and I always did changes of the audio file with Nero. And after storing the changed .wav file I saw the new wave form immediately in Premiere Elements - unfortunately not so in PD19.

Hi PD moderator,
did you have any new findings on that ?

Meanwhile I experienced a little and got new knowledge:
The waveform of each Audio/Video file is stored in C:/Users//AppData/Roaming/CyberLink/PowerDirector/19.0/WaveForms as a .txt file. If PD can not find the correlative file to a clip, it generates the txt-file again. But in these file only the waveform of the clip is defined, the lengh and/or in/out-point of the audio/video-clip is defined and stored within the project file (.pds).

If you change the lengh and/or content of the clip, then PD applies the waveform from the txt-file on the whole lengh of the new (changed) clip. This means that the waveform is not correlated with the content of the new/changed clip althougt the clip itself sounds as the new/changed content. If you take the new/changed clip from the media room and drop it to the same place on the timeline (replace the old one), then the clip is shown in the right lengh (as the new/changed content) and the waveform is applied properly.

But this bypassing with 'replace the old one' is only working if you don't have cut the clip in more pieces. In such a case the replacement starts always with the beginning of the file.

Any ideas ?
Quote Hi,

Can you expand on "change the audio file outside of PD19 (e.g. you extend an audio comment)" Is this with an external program like Audacity or via Audio Editor or Audio Director?

I did the change with the external program Nero Wave Editor. And if I opened the .wav file with e.g. Adobe Premiere Elements I can see the right wave form. In the past I worked with Premiere Elements and I always did changes of the audio file with Nero. And after storing the changed .wav file I saw the new wave form immediately in Premiere Elements - unfortunately not so in PD19.

As far as I can make out anything in the media library is locked for "editing" or moving, deleting etc. until PDR is closed or the asset removed from the media library. I would surmise that is to do with PDR's principle of hard coding asset locations and asset "contents" within the .pds file. it does not use any form of dynamic linking to allow such changes to be made and constantly refreshed, so to speak.

Thanks !
Quote This discussion should help you see how to get started.

Thank you very much, that helps really.
Hi,
as I do not got answers for this questions within the German Community Forum, I also will ask it here in the English one.

I have some experience with other video programmes like Adobe Premier Elements but I startet with PD 19 recently. So I have some basic questions (written as separate topics) and I would appreciate your help.

3. If you place an audio file on the timeline, you can see whose wave form after a short time. If you now change the audio file outside of PD19 (e.g. you extend an audio comment), I would expect, that I see the modified waveform at least after marking this element and click 'generate wave form for the marked clip'.

But it does not, you see it after a short break in the same old view (although the audio content itself has changed and you can hear this). So you can act with the changed audio file but it doesn't fit to the wave form.
In case you place the audio file again from the media room in the timeline (on another place), you see the modified waveform correctly (fitting to the changed audio).

Any ideas why and how to solve this issue?

By the way: Is it right that PD19 block all elements within its media room for other programmes as long PD19 is running, independent of the usage of the elements in the timeline?

Many thanks for your comments,
Wolfgang
Hi,
as I do not got answers for this questions within the German Community Forum, I also will ask it here in the English one.

I have some experience with other video programmes like Adobe Premier Elements but I startet with PD 19 recently. So I have some basic questions (written as separate topics) and I would appreciate your help.

2. As I see so far I can only mark one single keyframe (and do something with it).
Is it also possible to mark several keyframes and make an action with these group ?

This would be helpfully e.g. if you have background music, which you have reduced in loudness during verbal explanations. If you insert a new clip within the timeline, you have to move all following background music keyframes because all of the verbal explanations are moved also.
Hi,

1. You can rotate an object (picture, text or video) along its X-axis (turn horizontally). Is it also possible to rotate it on Y-axis (to overturn it horizontally) and/or on its Z-axis (to overturn it vertically)? If yes, how can I do it?

Quote Wie die Datei heißt ist egal, ich habe mir eine mit dem Namen MyHotkey.ahk im belibigen Verzeichnis erstellt (bei mir D:\Backup\MyHotkeys.ahk), von dieser habe ich mir eine Verknüpfung in dem Startordner erstellt, dh. meine Hotkeys werden beim Windowsstart gleich mitgeladen und stehen gleich für alle Programme zur Verfügung .... aber diese Tastenkombination gilt nur für PowerDirector, das wird in der Zeile mit "#IfWinActive ahk_exe PDR.exe" gesteuert, dh wenn das Programm PDR.exe aktiv ist wird die ","-Taste des Zifferblocks in "." umgewandelt.

Hi JacSol,
vielen herzlichen Dank, das war ein super Tipp. Hab es gleich durchgeführt und es funktioniert !!!

Danke nochmals und lg, Wolfgang
Quote Hallo,

ich benutze in autohotkey-Script dazu

#IfWinActive ahk_exe PDR.exe
NumpadDot::
send .
return

Vielen Dank für den Tipp mit dem autohotkey-Script.
Ich nehme an, dass die Datei mit dem Script die Extention .ahk bekommen muss, aber welchen Dateinamen ? Und wo (in welchem Ordner/Verzeichnis) muss so eine Script-Datei stehen ?
Ich bin leider nicht so versiert darin, aber bedeutet dieses Script nicht, dass dann bei jeder Anwendung (auch bei Word, Excel etc.) statt des Kommas aus dem Tastenblock dann ein Punkt ausgegeben wird ?

Danke für deinen Response, Wolfgang
Hi, ich hätte noch eine Frage:

Wenn man ein Audio-File auf die Zeitachse legt, sieht man nach kurzer Zeit die Wellenform. Verändert man danach dieses Audiofile außerhalb von PD, so hätte ich erwartet, dass PD beim nächsten Aufruf die geänderte Wellenform anzeigt - zumindest nachdem man das Element markiert hat und 'Wellenform für ausgewählten Clip generieren' wählt.

Tut es aber nicht ! Es wird zwar irgend etwas neu berechnet, weil die Wellenform kurzzeitig verschwindet, aber danach wird genau der gleiche alte Inhalt angezeigt. Legt man das Audiofile erneut vom Medienraum auf die Zeitachse (auch ohne dieses File neu in den Medienraum zu laden), ist die Wellenform richtig (d.h. dem geänderten File angepasst).

By the way: ist es richtig, dass PD solange das Programm läuft alle verwendeten Elemente (Files) für andere Programme sperrt, unabhängig davon, ob das File tatsächlich auf der Zeitachse verwendet wird, oder ob es nur im Medienraum vorhanden ist ?

Danke für Infos, Wolfgang
Hi nochmals,
zum Beispiel zur Eingabe der X / Y-Koordinaten, oder zur Höhen/Breiten-Angabe. Verwendet man hier das Komma aus dem Tastenblock, wird diese Eingabe irgnoriert. Es wird nur der Punkt (von der großen Tastatur) akzeptiert.

Danke, Wolfgang
Hi,

ich habe einige Erfahrung mit anderen Programmen (z.B. Adobe Premier Elements), bin aber vor Kurzem neu ins PD19 eingestiegen. Deshalb ein paar grundsätzliche Fragen (jeweils in getrennten Topics), für deren Beantwortung ich dankbar wäre:

3. Soweit ich bis jetzt erkennen kann, lassen sich nur einzelne Keyframes anklicken/markieren und dann verschieben oder löschen oder eine andere Aktion setzen. Gibt es eine Möglichkeit, mehrere Keyframes zu markieren und danach eine Aktion mit der Gruppe durchzuführen (z. B. zeitlich verschieben)
Hintergrund: Hat man beispielsweise eine Hintergrundmusik, die bei gesprochenen Kommentaren mit Keyframes leiser gemacht wird, und fügt einen weiteren Viedoclip ein, so werden alle nach dem eingefügten Clip vorhandenen Sprachkommentare richtigerweise nach hinten verschoben. Die Keyframes der Hintergrundmusik muss man aber auch verschieben, und das ist bei umfangreichen Projekten ziemlich mühsam, wenn man dies einzeln machen muss.
Das gleiche gilt für das gleichzeitige Löschen mehrerer Keyframes, zum Beispiel bei einer autom. erstellten Bewegungsverfolgung, die man ab einem gewissen Punkt nicht mehr haben möchte.

Vielen Dank.
Hi,

ich habe einige Erfahrung mit anderen Programmen (z.B. Adobe Premier Elements), bin aber vor Kurzem neu ins PD19 eingestiegen. Deshalb ein paar grundsätzliche Fragen (jeweils in getrennten Topics), für deren Beantwortung ich dankbar wäre:

2. Ich nehme an, dass das Programm in den USA entwickelt wurde und deshalb als Dezimal-Trennzeichen der '.' verwendet wird. Lässt sich dies eventuell auf das in Europa übliche ',' ändern (dieser ist nämlich im Dezimal-Tastenblock leichter erreichbar) ?

Vielen Dank.
Hi,

1. Ein Objekt (Bild, Text oder Video) kann durch Rotation auf seiner X-Achse gedreht werden. Kann man dies auch auf der Y-Achse (also seitliches Drehen) und / oder der Z-Achse (horizontales Kippen) machen ? Wenn ja, wie ?

Vielen Dank.
Go to: