Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Mac, I appreciate the work you've put into this. One possible solution may be to manually backup all the shadow files into another directory or hard drive in case PD decides to delete them at a later date. If there is ever a problem you could just copy the shadow files back into their original folder for editing.
You would think that there would be a performance setting where you could disable Optimus technology and only use the NVIDIA video card.
My laptop is 5 years old and it works just fine with PD9 and I edit 1920x1080i AVCHD. However, I rarely have more than one video track and I don't go overkill on the special effects. What Cranston said is good advice.
What happens when you try to join two of the sample clips? I wonder if PD does not like these two particular clips for some reason. I also agree that something seems wrong with your video driver setup. Can you take a screen capture of your device manager screen? I don't understand what you were trying to convey in your most recent post. How do you know it is using the NVIDIA card? That's why I'm curious about your device manager screenshot.
If I were you I would make a sample project with the included images and nature mpg video that is included with PD9. Use that to check if the saturation problems go away. You also should indicate the method you used to produce your file. Was hardware acceleration enabled?
I agree that it works as long as you remember to make the change in preferences. Personally I think that should be the default setting. Does anyone actually have problems with that box checked?
I can now confirm that SVRT does work with canon 24 Mb/s AVCHD.
An update to my previous message. I realized that I forgot to recheck the allow SVRT under the produce tab in preferences after installing the patch. I redid my test and SVRT does indeed work with my Cannon video.

Sorry for the confusion.
SVRT still does not seem to work with Cannon 24 Mb/s AVCHD 1080i video. I took two clips back to back and created two splits on one of them. I then applied an effect in the small section created by the splits. The SVRT window indicates that only the area with the applied effect required 100% rendering and nothing else. Upon creating the video, SVRT worked for the section up to the applied effect and everything after until the end of the video was rerendered even though the SVRT window indicated otherwise.

The good news is that I didn't see any obvious rendering errors.
I'm glad I could help. Windows has power saver options where you can specify the CPU usage to conserve energy. For example, on my laptop I set it to reduce the CPU speed by 50% to conserve energy when needed. You could try something like that to lower the temperature, but it will also increase the rendering time.
What is the CPU temperature when you are rendering your video? My initial guess is that your CPU is overheating during rendering and causing it to shut down or reboot. Rendering AVCHD files will normally consume all your CPU resources and operating for a long period of time will cause your CPU to run very hot unless the cooling is adequate. Depending on your setup you may need to reinstall/replace your CPU fan or adjust the airflow inside your case.
Houseofmac,

What you are saying is exactly the dilemma I was trying to get across. I know with integrated graphics in the motherboard it was possible to disable the integrated graphics in the system BIOS, but I don't know if this is possible with Sandy Bridge since the graphics is part of the CPU die.
I read a review on the Sandy Bridge CPU/Graphics processor. It stated that if you choose to use a discrete video card and bypass the CPU/graphics processor that you also lose Quick Sync Video acceleration. This is something you have to think about when considering a system build. If your a serious gamer you will benefit from a separate video card and have access to CUDA or Stream but according to the review Quick Sync is much faster for video rendering.

Here's a link to the review if you want to read it.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/sandy-bridge-core-i7-2600k-core-i5-2500k,2833.html
You can do a lot of color modifications using chroma keys so I would say that it is possible to do what you want. However, I've never tried that effect and do not use chroma keys very often. Your best bet would be to download the trial and see if you like the program.
Barry,

That system has it's video as part of the motherboard so it is integrated. The 2Gb of RAM would be to total system memory and part of that is reserved for video. My media PC is the same way. I have an integrated ATI HD4200 with a portion of my RAM reserved for video.

Regardless, it should work but I would not expect great performance. It should assist in decoding HD video. If you plan on using your video card to accelerate production I would look for something better.

We've never been allowed to have multiple versions of PD on the same system.
1. Not sure exactly what you mean, but their is an effect where you can make make the video look like an old film.
2. Yes
3. You can change the video playback speed to accelerate the passage of time.

Here's the youtube link to the Cyberlink channel for tutorials and other information.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CyberLinkChannel
Can you upload a small clip (5-10 seconds) for us to test. Perhaps a small clip of the original video and a small clip of what you rendered using PD9. Maybe one of us could test your clip on our system.
An ATI 4850 was near the top before the HD5000 series came out. Jain's system should breeze through this just fine. My low end media PC (dual core) has integrated HD4200 video and plays HD smoothly without issue in splash. However, I should mention that most demanding files I've played were 1920x1080i at 24 Mb/s not 1080p.

Do you have hardware (GPU) acceleration turned on when you use Splash Lite?
Both of those CPUs will work just fine and believe that you will be happy with either of them. I would not be overly concerned by the graphics card compatibility list. If the card supports CUDA or ATI stream then you should be fine. One thing you should consider is your hard drive configuration. You want to minimize the bottleneck caused by the type of hard disks you use. You may want to consider at least one solid state drive for faster performance if you can afford it.
Go to: