Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Just a few quick questions.
Nick2010 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 08, 2011 10:21 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, my name is Nick W. and I just recently began planning on a grand video poject that requires the use of a video editing program. My father had sent me a link to this software review website called toptenreviews.com and the highest rated product was indeed Cyberlink Power Director 9 Deluxe. I just a have a few questions regarding the program itself before I would like to purchase it.

1) Does this program include a feature called film look?
2) Does this program allow for color correction?
3) Is it possible for this program to do time lapse scenes?

Thank you! I may ask a few more later.

-Nick
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
1. Not sure exactly what you mean, but their is an effect where you can make make the video look like an old film.
2. Yes
3. You can change the video playback speed to accelerate the passage of time.

Here's the youtube link to the Cyberlink channel for tutorials and other information.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CyberLinkChannel

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 08. 2011 11:01

Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
Nick2010 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 08, 2011 10:21 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you James. This is what I meant by film look: The edges of the frame are slightly darkended to give it a cinematic feel along with color correction. You would normally see this effect in most European works. Here is a link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrI2PSa_TXo

Thank you for the assistance!

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jan 09. 2011 10:32

James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
You can do a lot of color modifications using chroma keys so I would say that it is possible to do what you want. However, I've never tried that effect and do not use chroma keys very often. Your best bet would be to download the trial and see if you like the program. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT