Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I see there is a way to record audio from a mic into an audio track. Is there a compression option for recording live, or is it just after the audio has been recorded and placed on the track?

I found the post production option as you let me know about but was hoping for cimpressing as I recorded.
I was requested to use a compressor on the audio to remove the highs and lows of an audio clip to then place in the track and render a video.

Is this something that is possible? If so, then please let me know what I should do!

Thanks for any help you can give an amateur but enthusiastic!
Quote When you moved the projects and media to your new computer, the program lost the link between them since they are not in the same directory as they initially were.

Once you open your project, relink and save the project, the program will remember the new location and you will no longer need to relink your project when you open it.

I did this and I even tried Save Project As and renamed project post clicking browse and finding the links. In both cases when I oppened the file or the new save project as file, I have to once again click the links and find them for it all over again.

Update

So I would save the project then move to next project, and rinse and repeat. But it did not work that way. If I opened a project, browse and connected all the media files, and then saved and closed PowerDirector, it worked. Not sure why but a fix is a fix thank you.
I was given a new work computer and the files were transfered over. After installing PowerDirector on it, I found I needed to show the locations for each imported media file for the projects. How do I get the projects to save the new locations so they do not ask each time for me to point out there new locations?
In a section of the timeline I have two pictures that are supposed to vibrate and shake. I placed the Quake effect on both images and set with the exact same keyframes and effect levels:

1. Start = quake level 0 and frequency 5

2. .15 into clip = quake level 200 and frequency 5

3. 1.15 = quake level 200 and frequency 5

4. 2.15 = quake level 0 and frequency 5

Both are .PNG files.

1 picture has a duration of 30 seconds long and does some movement as it shifts through fading in and out text boxes then arrives at the section with the quake effect.

The other clip starts a second before the quake effect section and is only 15 seconds.

Problem:
Even though the keyframes, the effect chouice, and all of the effect settings are all matching, the shaking effect is not the same.
30 sec - very fast and very hyper level of shaking.
15 sec - sluggish and slow jerking motion.

Request:
How to get the shaking effect to be the same for both pictures.
Quote Hello,

Try right clicking on the title text on the timeline and select "Copy Title Attributes". Then select the next title and then right click and select "Paste Title Attributes". See the attached image from the help for more info.

That should help you get the same sizes and font, but will also change the font color. So you will just have to modify that again if you need to.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

This worked perfectly thank you. It even let me copy attribute from one video project, open another project, and then paste the attribute onto titles in the newly opened project. Thanks so much!
I am working on a video project to make a marketign video for my company. Self taught and not my usual thing but I understand the overall principles.

We set the video up into 4 projects making it easier to work and modify the 4 sections which we plan to merge together for one video at the end.

One thing my boss has asked is the titles be uniform in font size. I have tried setting font size to the same number but the size does not match. I have even set all the title boxes to the size of the video clip and then set font size, but still no uniformity in size.

Please help me figure out how to seet all the titles to the exact same font size I am desperate!
Go to: