Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Special Effect (Quake) Uniformity
Otajima [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 19, 2020 10:51 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
In a section of the timeline I have two pictures that are supposed to vibrate and shake. I placed the Quake effect on both images and set with the exact same keyframes and effect levels:

1. Start = quake level 0 and frequency 5

2. .15 into clip = quake level 200 and frequency 5

3. 1.15 = quake level 200 and frequency 5

4. 2.15 = quake level 0 and frequency 5

Both are .PNG files.

1 picture has a duration of 30 seconds long and does some movement as it shifts through fading in and out text boxes then arrives at the section with the quake effect.

The other clip starts a second before the quake effect section and is only 15 seconds.

Problem:
Even though the keyframes, the effect chouice, and all of the effect settings are all matching, the shaking effect is not the same.
30 sec - very fast and very hyper level of shaking.
15 sec - sluggish and slow jerking motion.

Request:
How to get the shaking effect to be the same for both pictures.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 18. 2020 15:23

AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Otajima

If I understand correctly I used the same png image with 30 sec another with 15 sec
I applied the effect for your table in the 30sec image
Right click and choose Copy Keiframe Attributes
I selected the 15 sec image, right clicked and chose Paste Keiframe Attributes
It looks the same to me.
(Simple test no other effects applied) XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I think the different durations of the clips are throwing off how the effect operates. You don't mention where they are on the screen relative to each other, but it may be easier to produce the 31 second section with the first clip and the shorter clip starting 1 second earlier. Don't apply the quake effect, but use whatever fades or transitions you're currently using.

Replace the two PNGs with your produced section and then apply the quake effect.