Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New Computer - Setting Projects to Work
Otajima [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 19, 2020 10:51 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I was given a new work computer and the files were transfered over. After installing PowerDirector on it, I found I needed to show the locations for each imported media file for the projects. How do I get the projects to save the new locations so they do not ask each time for me to point out there new locations?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 05. 2021 01:55

StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
When you moved the projects and media to your new computer, the program lost the link between them since they are not in the same directory as they initially were.

Once you open your project, relink and save the project, the program will remember the new location and you will no longer need to relink your project when you open it.
Otajima [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 19, 2020 10:51 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Quote When you moved the projects and media to your new computer, the program lost the link between them since they are not in the same directory as they initially were.

Once you open your project, relink and save the project, the program will remember the new location and you will no longer need to relink your project when you open it.

I did this and I even tried Save Project As and renamed project post clicking browse and finding the links. In both cases when I oppened the file or the new save project as file, I have to once again click the links and find them for it all over again.

Update

So I would save the project then move to next project, and rinse and repeat. But it did not work that way. If I opened a project, browse and connected all the media files, and then saved and closed PowerDirector, it worked. Not sure why but a fix is a fix thank you.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 05. 2021 09:48