Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks for the quick response!
I've been renaming my .pds files for some time now. When I rename, I do a "A" version and a "B" version. This way I alternate my saves between the two. I'll probably have to go back to the previous A/B group. Then I'll pack the project as a precaution.
Last night I loaded the project and the same error message showed up, "Richvideo module has encountered a problem and needs to close". I clicked close and waited for PD to close, It didn't. Instead, it finished loading the project and seemed to be working fine. Am I to assume that I can continue with this project? Is this OK?.
I'm still going to pack the project. It's a lot of edits of my dads' travels in europe and elsewhere. I'm still a ways off from finalizing the project.

Thanks again,

MM
Hello,
I started getting this message on one of my projects, now it's happening to another one. This causes the project to crash when the project is almost done loading. Reloading the project no longer works. I get the same message again "Richvideo module has encountered a problem and needs to close"
I was running PD7 and have now upgraded to PD8. Both have the latest patches. Same result. Can I fix it by editing the .pds file?
My computer is a QuadCore i7 at 2.66Ghz, Windows XPPro,Asus P6T MB, 6GB DDR3 memory, ATI 4870 Graghics card, 750W Corsair Power Supply. Seagate 7200RPM Drives.
Unchecking the two boxes related to Richvideo in Preferences makes no difference. I have tried reinstalling Powerdirector.
I really like Powerdirector and have had relatively few issues, There are some good workarounds.
Can you help me to save my project? Going back to a previous version is something I would like to avoid.
I suspect the problem might be with Copy/Paste of files from other projects. I discovered that by copying a portion of a project you can then click New Project, load another project and Paste those edits to the new project. Transferring them to the new project. Does this cause problems? It's a pretty cool feature!
Please Help!

Thanks,
MM
I just noticed that I had two replies to my post...
I also want to thank On The Web, for your reply.
Well taken.

Mike M
Thanks Josh,

I have been reading of some issues with the i7. like only using two of the four cores, etc.

I'm holding off, currently trying out PD7 on the system. See how that goes. I may end up using a different program. Although, I really like Powerdirector. PD has nice features.

I'll have to wait and see...

Mike
Hello.
PD7 works pretty good on 32 bit XP...
My question is, does Powerdirector 8 support Windows 7 64 bit?
I just built a Core i7 computer with an ATI 4870 video card and 6gigs of ram. I want to use XP Pro for now, and Win 7/64bit later.

Also, is Powerdirector 8 capable of taking advantage of a 64 bit system with 4 cores? With Hyperthreading? More memory?

Will I be better off with 32bit XP? Is Powerdirector 8 Stable with the 64bit version of Win 7?

My new system:
Core i7 920 (Watercooled)
Asus P6T MB
6Gigs Corsair Dominator(1600)
Seagate 1.5TB HD
HIS 4870 Vid Card (1GB)
750W Corsair PSU
XPP 64bit or XPP32bit?

PD7 is pretty good. Keep up the good work!
Thanks very much for the info!!

Mike M
Hello.
PD7 works pretty good on 32 bit XP...
My question is, does Powerdirector 7 support Windows XP 64 bit?
I just built a Core i7 computer with an ATI 4870 video card and 6gigs of ram. I don't want 64bit Vista. I want to use XP/64 for now, and Win 7/64bit later.

Also, is Powerdirector 8 compatible with 64bit XP? I may end up using PD8 on 64bit Win XP.

Will I be better off with 32bit XP? Is Powerdirector 7/8 Stable with the 64bit version of XP? PD7 occasionally crashes. I'd like powerdirector to be stable on my new computer.

My new system:
Core i7 920 (Watercooled)
Asus P6T MB
6Gigs Corsair Dominator(1600)
Seagate 1.5TB HD
HIS 4870 Vid Card (1GB)
750W Corsair PSU
XPP 64bit or XPP32bit?

PD7 is pretty good. Keep up the good work!
Thanks very much for the info!!

Mike M
Hi Mark,

Thanks, I will try that. I know that I do have Richvideo enabled.

Mike M

Without sacrifice, there can be no victory.
Hi Mark,

I'm importing a single file. Either mpeg or wmv, it will load to 100% in the little dialog box that pops up and then just hang there. The dialog box remains at 100%, and I can see the file loaded into the media library,
but the only way to continue is to Ctrl+Alt+Del. Hmmmm.

Thanks,
Mike M.
Hello,
I'm new to the forum. I have PowerDirector 7 and loaded the latest patch. It runs much better now. But now I can't import video clips into my project. The window that pops up, hangs at 100% and I have to Cntl+Alt Del to restart PD7. This was working before. The formats are WMV and Mpeg2 mostly. I produce my projects in Mpeg2 (Master copy) and would like to import them again and produce them into a more portable format like WMV9 or smartphone.(There doesn't seem to be an option for WMV9 720by480 @700Kbs, by the way...).

Also, When I go to load an older project, the little window pops up blank and the program hangs. It takes a million Cntl+Alt Del to kill it and start over. I have never successfully been able to load a .VOB file (non- commercial source).

Ok, I know that's a lot that I just dropped on you but there is one more thing. some of the clips on my time line lose their audio, at least in the preview window they do. These are WMVs. I don't know if they would be OK in the final production.

Thanks very much for your help. I really like the program, but it has been a little frustrating. I bought PD7 around the first of July, this year, and I have applied the latest patch. I'm running XP on a 2.8Ghz P4 with 1Gig of memory.

Thanks again,
Mike M
Go to: