Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD7 Hangs at 100 percent when importing video
Mike M [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 10, 2008 10:21 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,
I'm new to the forum. I have PowerDirector 7 and loaded the latest patch. It runs much better now. But now I can't import video clips into my project. The window that pops up, hangs at 100% and I have to Cntl+Alt Del to restart PD7. This was working before. The formats are WMV and Mpeg2 mostly. I produce my projects in Mpeg2 (Master copy) and would like to import them again and produce them into a more portable format like WMV9 or smartphone.(There doesn't seem to be an option for WMV9 720by480 @700Kbs, by the way...).

Also, When I go to load an older project, the little window pops up blank and the program hangs. It takes a million Cntl+Alt Del to kill it and start over. I have never successfully been able to load a .VOB file (non- commercial source).

Ok, I know that's a lot that I just dropped on you but there is one more thing. some of the clips on my time line lose their audio, at least in the preview window they do. These are WMVs. I don't know if they would be OK in the final production.

Thanks very much for your help. I really like the program, but it has been a little frustrating. I bought PD7 around the first of July, this year, and I have applied the latest patch. I'm running XP on a 2.8Ghz P4 with 1Gig of memory.

Thanks again,
Mike M
Mark H. [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina Joined: Jul 13, 2008 23:00 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
Mike M.,

Are you importing a single file or a folder? Regards,

Mark H.
Mike M [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Mark,

I'm importing a single file. Either mpeg or wmv, it will load to 100% in the little dialog box that pops up and then just hang there. The dialog box remains at 100%, and I can see the file loaded into the media library,
but the only way to continue is to Ctrl+Alt+Del. Hmmmm.

Thanks,
Mike M.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Mike

I'd try two things.
1) Turn RichVideo off and see if that helps (Edit > Preference > General)
2) Try importing a folder rather than a file. Sounds strange but I've had this work when a file import did not with the same mpeg file.

Jeff
Mike M [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Mark,

Thanks, I will try that. I know that I do have Richvideo enabled.

Mike M

Without sacrifice, there can be no victory.