Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD7 and 8. Do they work with Win XP 64bit?
Mike M [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 10, 2008 10:21 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hello.
PD7 works pretty good on 32 bit XP...
My question is, does Powerdirector 7 support Windows XP 64 bit?
I just built a Core i7 computer with an ATI 4870 video card and 6gigs of ram. I don't want 64bit Vista. I want to use XP/64 for now, and Win 7/64bit later.

Also, is Powerdirector 8 compatible with 64bit XP? I may end up using PD8 on 64bit Win XP.

Will I be better off with 32bit XP? Is Powerdirector 7/8 Stable with the 64bit version of XP? PD7 occasionally crashes. I'd like powerdirector to be stable on my new computer.

My new system:
Core i7 920 (Watercooled)
Asus P6T MB
6Gigs Corsair Dominator(1600)
Seagate 1.5TB HD
HIS 4870 Vid Card (1GB)
750W Corsair PSU
XPP 64bit or XPP32bit?

PD7 is pretty good. Keep up the good work!
Thanks very much for the info!!

Mike M
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Cant help !!

Been checking for a reply as I have the very same question.

Let's wait--someone will respond
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
You will find that most software is compatible with Windows 64 bit......the question you should ask "Is the program able to use the power of 64 bit?"

Most programs that have not been written to use the power of 64 bit will run in 32 bit inside a 64 bit system.

I too would like to know if PD8 can use the full power of a 64 bit system as I am thinking of upgrading to Windows 7 64 bit but it is a waste if PD can't use the extra power. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
Carol [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Ireland Joined: Jun 01, 2009 15:20 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I have Vista64U and PD7 with no issues. So I'd guess it works fine