Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks so much! I appreciate you taking the time to help this newbie!!
I've edited my old video and now need to produce it. This video (formerly tape) is almost 2 hours long. What format should I use to produce it?
I successfully edited a converted VHS video down to 1 hr. 33 min. After production, it's too large for a 4.7 GB DVD. I don't understand this! It doesn't matter if I produce it with DVD HQ, Mpeg 1 or SP and Mpeg2. How can this be? suggestions??
I've had the burning problem before, but advice to remove chapters, then produce, then add the chapters back THEN burn was helpful and I was successful. However, in trying to edit a new video (originally from VHS tape), the program began freezing. When I went to Task Manager, it would say Power Director "wasn't responding". Oftentimes, after a LONG wait, it would kick back in, but editing moves that should have taken 5 seconds were taking 5 minutes. I finally finished editing, produced the movie without chapters, then went back added chapters and tried to burn to a DVD (as I had with my first tape to DVD). Either the burning process took hours and hours and finally stopped or I immediately got an "Error code 0" message. I see that another user had the same error code. This software is very, very frustrating. Writing to support has been no help. I removed the program as they instructed and redownloaded PD6. No help. last year, I paid the money for "phone support" and it was a complete waste. I'm not stupid, but also not a techie. Can someone please help? I'm trying to edit and convert very precious family tapes and it's been an awful and very frustrating experience. PLEASE HELP!!!
I cannot tell you how much frustration and anxiety I have felt trying to get one disc burned. I was able to capture and edit (apparently without any problems). I "produced". But, when it came to burning, it always crashed at about 40% with error a0000005. I tried burning with menu, without; mpeg1, mpeg 2. Nothing worked. Iwas able to burn the "aquarium" clip from the software library. I sent an email question and followed every step with no success. I paid $30 for "phone support" and only got snotty people who were rude and NOT helpful. I'm not stupid but I'm also not a techie. Isn't there ANYONE associated with this company who can help someone who desperately wants to convert family videos?
Go to: