Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

You are in a better position. Use google to search for a subtitle editor, shifter, or resync tool, many out there. You can then write out your srt file from PD, shift everything the 9 seconds, and then read in again.

Jeff

Thank you Jeff, your advice is spot-on. I found a couple of on-line services that should do the job just fine. You've saved me a load of work!

Charles

Since you say upload sub-titles, I assume you had a file so can't really add them after editing video as they will still be in error location wise. PD does not offer a coupled timeline for subtitle, chapter marks,...so on, so it is what it is, been suggested for yrs, never happened yet.

Depending what you are after, one could produce the movie with sub-titles imprinted on video. You can then edit that video, since imprinted, they will move with video but are no longer independently edited. So approach not generic, but only if applicable for unique situations.

Jeff

Apologies for tagging onto this thread, but I guess your response applies to my situation too Jeff. My partner handed me a movie she made with her film group and asked me to produce Closed Captions for it. I did this and produced an .SRT file which all worked beautifully.

She's now told me that she's added 9 seconds to the start of the movie. I can't see any way to use my existing .SRT file with all its time codes based on the running length of the old movie, without manually editing the location of every single caption. Is this correct?

Charles

They spell everything out pretty clearly here for framerate, bitrate, formats.....: https://videodirect.amazon.com/home/help?topicId=G202129880

Only somewhat unique requirement I noticed was the file needs to be progressive format, not surprising considering distribution means.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff.

Yes, I found that document when I was looking at the CC requirements. I took note of the suggestion to use Interra Baton software to perform QC on the video before submitting it but, even as a long-established IT business, have had no luck in contacting them for a trial version (I guess it may be a Corona issue).

Thanks for highlighting the progressive format issue. I guess the only thing I can do is to submit the movie and see whether it is accepted.

Charles
Has anyone published their work on Amazon Prime Video? I'm looking for some tips to make sure the format is correct - as far as I've read Amazon can reject a submission without explaining WHY.

I've just completed all the Closed Captions which are required (Power Director's Caption editor is great to use) but wanted to check frame rates and such.

Advice welcome!

Charles
I'm new to PD so forgive me if I'm doing this wrong.
I'm building a template for some simple instructional videos.
I wish to add caption overlays to some scenes.
For reading clarity these captions are white text over a grey 60% panel appearing in the centre of the screen.
I can get them to appear as layers over the main video by adding them to the second channel, but they appear abruptly and I would like them to fade in and out.
If I use the built-in fade in/out effect when building the caption I have to lose the panel and the transitions take too long to fade in/out.
Is there any way to achieve what I want to do?
Hi! I'm new to Power Director and my elderly i7 2.22/6GB/SSD Windows machine is creaking under the strain of PD 18. I'm building short instructional videos of between 5 and fifteen minutes in HD resolution but would like to be able to move to 4K in the future.

Does anyone have recommended specifications for hardware that will run it well? I'm assuming a recent high-spec I7/32GB/SSD but, although I've built many PCs, I'm out of touch with graphics cards and that sweet price spot between Good enough and Brilliant!

Any and all suggestions most welcome.

Charlie
Go to: