Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Publishing on Amazon Prime Video
Henmarsh [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 16, 2019 07:10 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Has anyone published their work on Amazon Prime Video? I'm looking for some tips to make sure the format is correct - as far as I've read Amazon can reject a submission without explaining WHY.

I've just completed all the Closed Captions which are required (Power Director's Caption editor is great to use) but wanted to check frame rates and such.

Advice welcome!

Charles
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Has anyone published their work on Amazon Prime Video? I'm looking for some tips to make sure the format is correct - as far as I've read Amazon can reject a submission without explaining WHY.

I've just completed all the Closed Captions which are required (Power Director's Caption editor is great to use) but wanted to check frame rates and such.

Advice welcome!

Charles

They spell everything out pretty clearly here for framerate, bitrate, formats.....: https://videodirect.amazon.com/home/help?topicId=G202129880

Only somewhat unique requirement I noticed was the file needs to be progressive format, not surprising considering distribution means.

Jeff
Henmarsh [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 16, 2019 07:10 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]

They spell everything out pretty clearly here for framerate, bitrate, formats.....: https://videodirect.amazon.com/home/help?topicId=G202129880

Only somewhat unique requirement I noticed was the file needs to be progressive format, not surprising considering distribution means.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff.

Yes, I found that document when I was looking at the CC requirements. I took note of the suggestion to use Interra Baton software to perform QC on the video before submitting it but, even as a long-established IT business, have had no luck in contacting them for a trial version (I guess it may be a Corona issue).

Thanks for highlighting the progressive format issue. I guess the only thing I can do is to submit the movie and see whether it is accepted.

Charles