Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Fading in/out text overlays with background panel
Henmarsh [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 16, 2019 07:10 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I'm new to PD so forgive me if I'm doing this wrong.
I'm building a template for some simple instructional videos.
I wish to add caption overlays to some scenes.
For reading clarity these captions are white text over a grey 60% panel appearing in the centre of the screen.
I can get them to appear as layers over the main video by adding them to the second channel, but they appear abruptly and I would like them to fade in and out.
If I use the built-in fade in/out effect when building the caption I have to lose the panel and the transitions take too long to fade in/out.
Is there any way to achieve what I want to do?
TDK1044 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 11, 2019 12:27 Messages: 130 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm new to PD so forgive me if I'm doing this wrong.
I'm building a template for some simple instructional videos.
I wish to add caption overlays to some scenes.
For reading clarity these captions are white text over a grey 60% panel appearing in the centre of the screen.
I can get them to appear as layers over the main video by adding them to the second channel, but they appear abruptly and I would like them to fade in and out.
If I use the built-in fade in/out effect when building the caption I have to lose the panel and the transitions take too long to fade in/out.
Is there any way to achieve what I want to do?

Build your title plus panel as a composite with no fades attached, then use the cross fade transition to dissolve to and from your composite.