Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Why would the Moderator ask to start a new topic instead of continuing the "SVRT for AVCHD" thread that I started on 5/14/2008? (http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2993.page)

Is it because my last comment was "9 months later and yet another patch but this issue is still not resolved" ?

9 months later and yet another patch but this isssue is still not resolved.
Is there any way to increase the resolution to anything more than 320x240 for MP4 videos?

I just purchased the iPhone which supports resolutions up to 640x480.
Unfortunately this issue is still NOT fully resolved with build 2105. Any clip that's above 16Mps will have to be re-rendered.
I've emailed Customer Support but haven't received a reply. Can someone please escalate this issue?
Thanks
Russell,

I imported five 1920x1080 Dolby Digital 5.1 AVCHD clips totaling almost 9 minutes.

Using SVRT they rendered in 3:11
Not using SVRT rendered in 1:12:15
I read a post this morning that build 1829 was available.

Dafydd, recommended contacting customer support at:
http://www.cyberlink.com/english/cs/support/new_site/support_index.html
Ask for the latest build and state a reason..........

To my surprise not only did they respond within 15 minutes on Sunday morning but they also send me a link to the latest version.

I'm happy to report that the issue I was having with SVRT for AVCHD was resolved in this latest build.

Now that's EXCELLENT customer support. Keep up the good work.
I purchased PowerDirector 7 Ultra on May 3rd and it installed without any problems but the Bonus Pack fails to install and displays the following information:

Unable to install PowerDirector Bonus.
The PowerDirector Bonus is only available for the PowerDirector 6 or above version.
I believe the problem is that the AVCHD average bitrate preset for both the 1440x1080 and 1920x1080 is set at 14800Kbps. That's why it works for the HDR-SR5 clips but it doesen't for the HDR-SR11 clips.

When I try to create a Custom Profile there's a bug that does not allow the average bitrate to be set higher than 12000Kbps and another bug that allows you to set maximum bitrate to 16000Kbps but when you save it, it does not keep the setting.
Dafydd, a little more info for you.

I just tried with clips from my previous Sony HDR-SR5 camera and I was able to join them without re-rendering.

Here's the main difference between the cameras:

Sony HDR-SR11 - 1920x1080 - 16Mps
Sony HDR-SR5 - 1440x1080 - 15Mps

Thanks for your help.
I just purchased PowerDirector 7 and after a few days I sent this email to technical support:

I would like to join multiple AVCHD clips captured from my Sony HDR-SR11 HD camcorder in 1920x1080 resolution and Dolby Digital 5.1 audio without re-rendering. When I add a few clips in the timeline and view the SVRT information it informs me that 100% of the audio and video needs rendering because the clips are different from the production format. The TV format is set at NTSC, The production format is MPEG-4 AVC and profile is AVCHD 1920x1080. When I check the dissimilarity dialog box the Coding parameters is checked.

This is the response I received:

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Online Support.
We understand your concern related with joining multiple AVCHD clips captured from my Sony HDR-SR11 HD camcorder in 1920x1080 resolution and Dolby Digital 5.1 audio without re-rendering.

We regret to inform you that it is not possible and you have to produce the complete file once again.

We deeply regret for the inconvenience.

My response:

Sorry but that's not an acceptable response. Please explain to me why it can't be done since it's possible to use SVRT for all other formats. That's one of the main reasons why I purchased your software.

Their Response:

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Online Support.

We understand your concern related with joining multiple AVCHD clips captured from my Sony HDR-SR11 HD camcorder in 1920x1080 resolution and Dolby Digital 5.1 audio without re-rendering.

We wish to inform you that PowerDirector only works with 1024*768 resolution. Please follow the link:

http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/products/require_4_ENU.html

We deeply regret for the inconvenience.

Are you kidding me?

Is this the type of technical support I'm going to receive from this company?
Go to: