Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 7 installation file is corrupt
John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 17, 2008 12:46 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
My Power Director 7 installation file (from Element5) is corrupt and will not fully unpack.

As a 24 year tech, I have downloaded it multiple times: "simple", Java download manager, and with Internet Download Manager (which separates it into smaller parts and then combines). All attempts show a corrupted file. Ditto trying it in the Safe mode.

My Cyberlink tech support rep is inept. He continues to ask me for my proof of purchase for the WRONG product (PowerDVD)!

As a multimedia developer currently working in PD6, I need a link to a new file immediately so that I can complete a project for my client.

Additionally, I requested that my membership email adress be changed to: john.florez1@gmail.com for BOTH my client info and the forum. I had to sign-up here today as a new user in order to post this message.

Can anyone help solve these issue? I've been using Power Director since v.2.

Thanks in advance ... John
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi John,

2nd one today to post this issue.

I've sent you a request in reply to your PM.

Looks like the new build of PD7 v1714 wasn't packaged properly. I have emailed the Heads of Dept at CyberLink to correct the situation. As it's the weekend you'll have to basically wait until they come back into the office.

As for tech support referring to the wrong product - that's really silly.

Proof of Purchase is something that I have to ask for as well - I would require the email info you received from Element5 in this instance. I just pass it on. It speeds up everything if I have all the data needed without having to write and ask for it each time.

You will be contacted by CyberLink asap.

Dafydd
drilldoc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 18, 2008 00:45 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having the same issue. I've downloaded it 4 times using the 2 methods and it's still corrupt. I've not used Power Director before so this is not a good first impression if you know what I mean. I'm glad to see I am not the only one having this problem. If anyone hears they have it fixed, please let me know.

Thanks
Terrie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 17, 2008 23:59 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Same problem here. I've also downloaded it several times today using both methods and received the corrupt error message. Very frustrating! Glad to know problem has been identified but will be happier once it's fixed. I'm new to PowerDirector and was looking forward to starting a project this weekend...
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,

I've sent you both a PM.

Please supply all the data asked.

You're right it doesn't give a good impression. Please be assurred the issue will be dealt with quickly when Monday morning arrives.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Nigel [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 18, 2008 06:29 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]

Just purchased PD7 and I am getting a corrupt exe notice when trying to install.

Not used PD before and this is not a good first impression.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Send me a PM with ALL the above information. I'll forward the data to CyberLink.

I expect CyberLink will contact all new purchasers in a little while.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Anthony [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 18, 2008 10:27 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
My file is also corrupted. I won't bother trying to download anymore as it seems futile.

Do I need to send any information to Cyberlink?
Gloria [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 18, 2008 01:44 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I purchased power director 7 Deluxe last night, but the product that was downloaded to me was "power director 5"-not what I paid for. Tried to download again but found that there were problems with the security. Also got "security" message issues. Now I reading that I am not alone. I was really hoping that I had found a good product to use since I had switched over from other software product.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Anthony and Gloria, I have sent you both a PM.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
drilldoc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 18, 2008 00:45 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
hello all,
Just an update on what I know so far. Before I found this forum topic I had filled out Cyberlinks support form about the issue. I received a response this morning. It stated there is a issue with the server while downloading and to kindly wait 2 working days, then write them again to "Kindly cooperate with us and write to us after 2 days as, the password to download will reset after valid duration: 2008/5/13 ~ 2008/5/19(Taiwan Time)
So I just hang out for 2 days. If I learn anything else I'll keep you posted.

Have a great day

Doc
[Post New]
I have the same problem !
Purchased 2008/05/02 (order # 202902375 from element 5), downloaded many times, all files corrupted
I also opened a Support Request ID CS000519075 to CiberLink

Please let my know asap were I can download a GOOD file !

Thanks

Luca A.
Jason [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 18, 2008 05:25 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Same problem with download.

Also when you purchase and follow the download email from element 5. If you click on the link to install Java to use the download manager it takes you to a SOlaris /SPARC java version and doesnt open in a new window or tab so when you eventually do get the right java installed you have to go back to the element 5 download page.

Come on Cyberlink this is appalling for a new release. How hard is it to package the software, download it yourself and test that it works. Basic stuff!!!!

I have now tried to download 3 times using broadband allocation that is costing me. I expect a response from Cyberlink to discuss compensation.

Regards
Jason [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd (moderator)

Can you please explain to me and the other users who cant download why you think "As it's the weekend you'll have to basically wait until they come back into the office." and "youll have to wait till Monday" is acceptable....Are you kidding me!!!

Cyberlink are pumping this product out globally and accepting payment 24/7 yet for some reason it acceptable to not provide a fix for this over the weekend. Sheesh if I was the owner of this company and this was happening to a new release of a flagship product of mine I would be in there myself fixing this ASAP..

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Jason,

It isn't acceptable that this is happening. There isn't anyone in the main office for me to contact ie the Heads of Department - I cant contact anyone.

In 3.5 hours time from now my emails will arrive at their destinations.

I'm sure action will be taken asap.

Thanks

Dafydd
Nigel [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 18, 2008 06:29 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: hello all,
Just an update on what I know so far. Before I found this forum topic I had filled out Cyberlinks support form about the issue. I received a response this morning. It stated there is a issue with the server while downloading and to kindly wait 2 working days, then write them again to "Kindly cooperate with us and write to us after 2 days as, the password to download will reset after valid duration: 2008/5/13 ~ 2008/5/19(Taiwan Time)
So I just hang out for 2 days. If I learn anything else I'll keep you posted.

Have a great day

Doc

That is terrible customer service. There is nothing to stop them updating the file.

At least Dafydd here has some idea of customer care.
Jason [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Dafydd

Appreciate there is not much you can do apart from help turn the wheels of progress.

I have logged a ticket with Cyberlink.

Thanks for your quick response.

Cheers
Jason
BlackRiot [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 18, 2008 18:27 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Same deal over here, downloaded it like 6 times & nothing just messages about the flie being corrupt, but I see I'm not alone.
You can't get nothing out of the troubleshooting section.
This BITES!
[Post New]
I hope to ha ve replay asap ...
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,
All of you who have recently purchased PD7 and have suffered the "installation file is corrupt" episode, will be contacted by email (by the CyberLink/Element5 route). You will be given a link to PD7 v1628a (the one I'm using at the moment). It appears an incomplete build was uploaded to Element5.

Dafydd

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at May 19. 2008 07:20