Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
iPOD and PSP - higher quality settings
fishyuk [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 14, 2007 18:51 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, does anyone have any recommended settings for ipod and PSP conversions? The built in settings seem to be pretty poor for higher resolution devices like the PSP and the higher end ipods.

Cyberlink, please add some higher profile options!
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Alex,

What version of PowerDirector are you using, because the full version has all the highest quality outputs for iPods.

I was able to output some fantastic looking video and it plays great on my new iPod Touch!.

Let me know
Dave
fishyuk [Avatar]
[Post New]
hi, thanks for the reply.

I'm using 7 Ultra though haven't had much chance to play around with it as yet. When I looked to use the convert to file and the ipod or psp settings it looked like they were set to 320x240 resolution? Not in front of the machine that I've got it installed on right now to double check though.

Cheers, Alex
fishyuk [Avatar]
[Post New]
Checked and the default settings in my activated copy of Power Director don't seem to allow a higher resulution to be chosen than 320x240? Both the PSP and Touch allow for higher resolutions now (especially as they support tv out).

Cheers
Benny [Avatar]
Newbie Location: New York Joined: May 14, 2008 22:11 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Is there any way to increase the resolution to anything more than 320x240 for MP4 videos?

I just purchased the iPhone which supports resolutions up to 640x480.
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Any word on this yet?

(Bump)
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well...it appears that the only way I was able to get a decent MP4 is to produce the video as an MPEG2 at 1920 x 1080, then run the resulting MPEG (that does not seem to play because it evidently needs a different codec), through Videora for the conversion into MP4.

The resulting file looks amazingly clear for an MP4.

Funny though...One of the reasons I bought PD7 was the the ability to save directly to iPod (MP4) format, hence eliminating a step, however the quality of the resulting MP4 saved from PD7 is SOOOO poor, I am back to having to take the extra step to have a decent video.

Anyone have a better Idea for getting a decent quality MP4?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
see: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/3313.page#16478

Dafydd