Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I finally got it working.

Here is what I did:

Download 1.29 CD stable drivers from nvidia.com
Download Driver Sweeper - http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/

Open 'Start -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features'

Uninstall 'Nvidia Stereoscopic 3D Driver'
Uninstall 'Nvidia PhysX'

Find the display device in 'Device Manager', right-click the device and select uninstall, select 'Delete the driver software for this device' and click 'ok'.

Delete directories if they exist:
C:\Program Files\Nvidia
C:\Program Files\Nvidia Corporation
C:\Program Data\Nvidia
C:\Program Data\Nvidia Corporation
C:\Nvidia

Reboot into safe mode - hold f8 while booting and select safe mode
Wait for windows to load and install a default display driver.
Open the Drive Sweeper app and select Nvidia Display and Nvidia Physx.
Select analyze and then click clean.

Reboot again.

Use the installer to install the display drivers, reboot and then install the 3d vision drivers.

Start PowerDVD, Click the 'Cinema' button at the top right.
Select 'Settings' -> 'Display Settings' -> 'Apect Ratio' = 'TrueTheatre Stretch (Smart Stretch), and 'Apply'
Select 'Settings' -> '3D Configuration' -> 'Enable Cyberlink TrueTheatre 3D' = yes, select the 120Hz monitor from the '3D Display' and 'Apply'

Full screen and watch movie.
Hey Arun,

Are you using the Samsung 2233RZ monitor too?
Me too. "hide 3D when start game" is not checked, I've used all the drivers since Jan 2010. All have the same behavior. I stopped testing this back in June when support told me a bug had been submitted. I can try the new drivers but, I've spent many hours installing/uninstalling/rebooting with different drivers/configs. Is there something in the new drivers to address this?
I tried that. That's what 'turned off SLI' means.
Did this solve your problem? I started a thread more than a month ago here:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/11341.page

When I contacted support they asked for a boat load of info and when I provided it they came back with 'make sure you select 120Hz', 'use beta drivers from Jan 2010' (?!?!?!), and 'use the latest patch'. I installed the latest patch (CyberLink.1830(Ultra_Free_DVD100701-03.exe) today and the behavior is the same as you described. Their last message was that a bug was submitted and I haven't heard anything since.
Anyone else experiencing this issue? I have been in contact with support for more than 2 weeks with no resolution. Using nvidia vision with games works, just not with powerdvd.
Hi,

When using powerdvd 10 i click the '3D' button while in full screen while playing movie, click the check box, select my 120Hz monitor and click ok. The screen goes black with no sound, then black with some sound, then flashes some of the video (less than a second) and then back to black with no sound. It loops on a 1 to 2 second interval. When i 'ctrl+alt+del' to the task manager it shows as 'not responding'. I have rebooted, used nvidia beta and latest release drivers, turned off SLI, forced vsync, forced triple buffering and it always does the same thing. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Here's my specs:
e8400
nvidia i780 mboard
4G ram
Razer Barracuda AC-1 sound card
GTX 280 * 2 (SLI)
Samsung SyncMaster 2233RZ
Win 7 64bit
Yes it does. When there is a reply from support it sends you an email with a link to it.
I have been trying to access "check order status" for 4 days and the element 5 site responds with:

Service currently unavailable

This service is currently unavailable due to technical reasons. Please try again later.

Is anybody else having this problem? I contacted support over 24 hours ago and I haven't received a response.
DVD playback on linux can be done with 'xine'. There is a patch you need to get it working. If you google it you'll find it.
Go to: