Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Powerdvd 10 2d to 3d and nvidia vision
Pipegrep [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 23, 2008 22:13 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

When using powerdvd 10 i click the '3D' button while in full screen while playing movie, click the check box, select my 120Hz monitor and click ok. The screen goes black with no sound, then black with some sound, then flashes some of the video (less than a second) and then back to black with no sound. It loops on a 1 to 2 second interval. When i 'ctrl+alt+del' to the task manager it shows as 'not responding'. I have rebooted, used nvidia beta and latest release drivers, turned off SLI, forced vsync, forced triple buffering and it always does the same thing. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Here's my specs:
e8400
nvidia i780 mboard
4G ram
Razer Barracuda AC-1 sound card
GTX 280 * 2 (SLI)
Samsung SyncMaster 2233RZ
Win 7 64bit
CAMERON [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 21, 2010 07:33 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Exactly the same problem here. I used to remedy it by selecting 110Hz instead of 120Hz in the 3d vision options but now no matter what refresh rate I choose I experience this problem. Movies are totally unwatchable in 3D atm
Pipegrep [Avatar]
[Post New]
Anyone else experiencing this issue? I have been in contact with support for more than 2 weeks with no resolution. Using nvidia vision with games works, just not with powerdvd.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

you may disable SLI while using 3D

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Pipegrep [Avatar]
[Post New]
I tried that. That's what 'turned off SLI' means.
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

did set the checkbox in NVIDIA 3D settings "hide 3D when start game"?

please uncheck this.

Br
michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Arun [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 12, 2010 12:48 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
That checkbox is unchecked. My 3d effects start as soon as a game or app is launched.
[Post New]
Do you use latest NV drivers for VGA and 3D-Vision?

michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Arun [Avatar]
[Post New]
yes the latest. Theres new drivers out today, havent tried those but the ones before that.
Rich [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 12, 2010 15:13 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem. The first time I loaded a video after installation it played perfectly in 3D. Every time I've launched the app afterwards I see this problem, even with the same video that played fine the first time.

Updated the PowerDVD software, the NVDIA drivers, and checked all settings.
Pipegrep [Avatar]
[Post New]
Me too. "hide 3D when start game" is not checked, I've used all the drivers since Jan 2010. All have the same behavior. I stopped testing this back in June when support told me a bug had been submitted. I can try the new drivers but, I've spent many hours installing/uninstalling/rebooting with different drivers/configs. Is there something in the new drivers to address this?
Rich [Avatar]
[Post New]
I tried installing the new beta driver 258.96 that showed up on Nvidia today but it took out the USB drivers for the 3DVision emitter and glasses. I had to reinstall back to the CD to get the USB drivers put back on. I'm currently running driver 258.69 on a Dell 9000 i7 920 8GB Win7 Home Premium 64bit with an GeForce GTX 260 with 1792MB and the Samsung 2233RZ 120hz 3d monitor.
Arun [Avatar]
[Post New]
I can confirm the latest drivers dont fix the issue. It still occurs.
Pipegrep [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hey Arun,

Are you using the Samsung 2233RZ monitor too?
Arun [Avatar]
[Post New]
No I have the Acer GD235HZ monitor.
[Post New]
Quote: I tried installing the new beta driver 258.96 that showed up on Nvidia today but it took out the USB drivers for the 3DVision emitter and glasses. I had to reinstall back to the CD to get the USB drivers put back on. I'm currently running driver 258.69 on a Dell 9000 i7 920 8GB Win7 Home Premium 64bit with an GeForce GTX 260 with 1792MB and the Samsung 2233RZ 120hz 3d monitor.

Dear Rich,

whn you install new NV Dirvers you must install new 3D-Vision driers as well (same Version) !!

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
Pipegrep [Avatar]
[Post New]
I finally got it working.

Here is what I did:

Download 1.29 CD stable drivers from nvidia.com
Download Driver Sweeper - http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/

Open 'Start -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features'

Uninstall 'Nvidia Stereoscopic 3D Driver'
Uninstall 'Nvidia PhysX'

Find the display device in 'Device Manager', right-click the device and select uninstall, select 'Delete the driver software for this device' and click 'ok'.

Delete directories if they exist:
C:\Program Files\Nvidia
C:\Program Files\Nvidia Corporation
C:\Program Data\Nvidia
C:\Program Data\Nvidia Corporation
C:\Nvidia

Reboot into safe mode - hold f8 while booting and select safe mode
Wait for windows to load and install a default display driver.
Open the Drive Sweeper app and select Nvidia Display and Nvidia Physx.
Select analyze and then click clean.

Reboot again.

Use the installer to install the display drivers, reboot and then install the 3d vision drivers.

Start PowerDVD, Click the 'Cinema' button at the top right.
Select 'Settings' -> 'Display Settings' -> 'Apect Ratio' = 'TrueTheatre Stretch (Smart Stretch), and 'Apply'
Select 'Settings' -> '3D Configuration' -> 'Enable Cyberlink TrueTheatre 3D' = yes, select the 120Hz monitor from the '3D Display' and 'Apply'

Full screen and watch movie.
Rich [Avatar]
[Post New]
That worked for the True Theater playing a hard DVD in Cinema mode. It now shows 3D although I had to adjust the depth up a bit.

But attempting to play a file on the hard drive in Classic Mode still gives the same symptoms.

Thanks
NICOLAS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 20, 2010 08:54 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the same problem.

Windows 7 64bit
Samsung Syncmaster 120hz monitor
nVidia 260 GTX
3d vision 1.33 driver

I just can't get the Cloudy 3D-BD to play in 3D mode at all. The screen goes black/purple and the 3D Vision emitter never goes to full green.

Playing a DVD with 3D enhancement works fine.

I've uninstalled NVidia drivers and reinstalled

I've got the desktop set to 60Hz

Run the Cyberlink checker tool - everything passes

Started up as a '3D TV', seen the double picture and then switched to 120 Hz sequential mode when the movie has started - same story

It seems others are having this issue. Does anyone know how to resolve it?

Thanks
Nick
[Post New]
Hi NICOLAS,

please let us knwo which Samsung you use

please also check this page for BD-3D compatible displays:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-requirements.html

BR

Werde Facebook Fan