Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

There's no need because we already have the answer.

Thank you very much
Quote I
Can you share the original stitched source clip in MP4 format so we can test that?

Sorry, no more from this project, I already did backup of the final export only since those projects are huge as hell ...

I will do in next one
Quote Looks like a fun flight, and I'm glad you finally got it produced. Personally I'd prefer to see a shorter video showing some highlights. That would also be much quicker to produce even though it would take a little longer to edit.

We still need your short project with 1 source clip if you'd like us to see if the very long produce times are common, or if they might be caused by something with your laptop. Send me a private message if you want a link to a folder on my OneDrive account.

Yes, I accept/share your opinion regarding lenght, but keep in mind this should be the substitute of whole flight for persons who are unable to take off at all fro any reasons.

Sorry it took that long ... here we go https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ng0pawfPnF05ffk7JvN6jWcYKKTKJIYW/view?usp=sharing

Let me know when I can delete it.
Just a few "gaming laptops" have that option, probably because it's saving $12 on their hardware costs. Multiplexer circuit that is.

I fully agree with vn800rider and TDK1044 - I usualy produce everything including my music https://soundcloud.com/michal-foist and videos https://www.youtube.com/user/MrMadmajkl on my laptops already for years (from 2007 or so). It has of course limitations - up to 25% less performace in same configuration than desktops, sometimes problems with cooling - but on the other side adequate to power consumption which is definitely much lower than on desktops, so environment friendly and bringing the mobility, thats where desktops can not compete ... especialy the gaming laptops are usualy very good at requirements for doing such things like videos and musc and ... .as a sideeffect you can play beautifull games as well ...

TBH before I am buying any of my new laptops I am always responsibly reconsidering the possibility of buying a desktop. But excepting the year of 2012, where I needed to buy crossfire or SLI machine because I went crazy into crypto mining ... always on the comparison sheet was clear winner the laptop.

You still didn't open task manager and see what GPU (if any) is used during rendering?

Also as I have stated before, if your laptop doesn't have a BIOS option to turn off the Intel GPU, then it will not pass trough the nvidia NVENC encoder, and will use Intel's version of hardware acceleration (QuickSync).

Just a few "gaming laptops" have that option, probably because it's saving $12 on their hardware costs. Multiplexer circuit that is.

For the 100th time, in my oppinion laptops are worthless for video editing (especially the "gaming" ones), but, for some reason, people keep buying them for video editing.

GPU usage 3% - 9% during render I wrote it somewhere above or not?

Understood, might be, but why is then in cyberlink registry entries in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CyberLink\CES_FunctionLogger value NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080_26.21.14.3190 ?

I am now collecting some data for cyberlink's support, I will let you know then here.
OK, thanks guys ... I will ask for this in the acer community as well.

Anyway, here is it ... enjoy if you want https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no-y3xVI9QE

OP states ...

What does it mean - "OP" pls in this case?
LoL, now I am pretty confused at all ... so I am waiting for answer from cyberlink directly. Render done after day'n half, and it has been slightly faster than expected (+-15%) ... maybe because of using the variable in profile.in set on "<Intel Low Power>0" .. nothing else I did. But it is very slow definitely.

Hm, otherwise I am not sure, but I have RTX2080 and it should have the NVENC support, ther previous GTX1070 on my predator15 had it as well.

If I understand correctly, optodata has NVIDIA RTX 2070 and is satisfied or not? I am just expecting similar maybe up to -25% loweered performace results because of fact it is a laptop, not the -95% difference whatit shows now
Thank you again, yes I detected this weird thig with unchecking Enable preview during production as well. However regardless if I have it off I still can't enable SVRT I can enable only the Hardware video encoder option

My Function logger registry keys are ok as I wrote before - so far there are only 2 records ... you can see it attached (remember now is running the render, so the value in screenshot is now 1 because it has changed the value on render start )

Regarding drivers, I know that - basicaly I have the long time user / admin experience, which says that brand new drivers especialy on high end laptops can mess up the whole system behaviour and lot of malfuncionalities. Therefore I am now using the original from acer yet. However Ok, as a next step I will force the update.

Regarding producing (range producing for tests and overnight big renders), I know & agree with you This is the way I always apply but try to fit 35 hours render into one night - and yes I really have some priority timeline for my freetime activities as well because I simply must to have it with 4 childrens and more paralel occupations ... And this project's render attempts started at Tue so I really thought I have a good reserve until the weekend when it should be live on ytb. Therefore I am now forcing the render - it MUST be done ASAP and I lost more than 24 hours when I interrupted it yesterday in a good faith.
If you can check HW box on the Produce page, then everything is working normally with that registry setting. You cannot use SVRT if you have any LUTs in the project because the CPU has to produce every single frame, but your RTX 2080 can produce to the same profile.

Even on the short testproject without any editing I still cant enable the SVRT. The value in registry - Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CyberLink\CES_FunctionLogger\DATA is set to 0

That's only for previewing. It doesn't make any difference when producing.

ok I will let it enabled then

That's only in the 15Mbps profile. We can try producing with that setting in place and with it removed to see if that makes any difference

This was copied from the profile.ini what we solved already in different topic last year. Cant be the problem PAL / NTSC? Because I have proper framerate (25 FPS - EUROPEAN PAL) but definitely dont know If in the profle it should be somehow set as well?

I don't know what that setting does. Maybe other members do, and we can experiment with it.

I did now, but no difference. 35 Hours ... in front of me I have to enable the render and say goodbye to weekend ... damn it I should have been recodring on Sat early morning on the same computer my new track https://soundcloud.com/michal-foist and now I am pretty sure, the computer will still render and render and render ... damn ... If I would not interrupt it It was only about 12 hours left

Please What does mean Pre procesing in profile.ini?

I will tryto go for cyberlink support as well.
I am frustrated like hell with this huge time loss. Attached dxdiag.

1) Unfortunately nope - post was not helpfull. I went into the registry, changed that value and everything is still the same. The only difference is I can check the hw video encoder - however still not the SVRT. ANd btw, the advice in that post was for PD14. Maybe that matters.

After that - there is some 2,8% usage of GPU during the render but 97% is doing standard CPU. Timeline of render remains the same.

2) Do I have to enable the openCL in PD18 settings (I've got it enabled)?

3) I see in the profile.ini file intel low power 1.

4) What is encoder mode - I got it on 0?

5) I can do then some piece of my project for you it but now I lost my energy. I was the whole day working on another computer to let this machine render. Now I killed the process and now recognize I will not have the video until the weekend with 99% probability.
OMG, nooooooooooo

I killed the render and I had the strange feeling that I should not to do that .... damn, see attached file.

It just does not work abnsolutely. And I lost another 24 hours which is alot.

There is not possible any SVRT. We cant ignore the fact I have different computer than you.
Thank you very much, it seems meaningful to me. I have to try it ... litle bit strange feeling to kill the render after 24 hours of running just now ...

1) So now I have first to create another 360 5,7 K project where I will just import and add to timeline some random footage. Then I will try to get to -> produce -> profile analyzer and try to set &save the new profile you described, ok?

2) Then I have to open the production project and just to try render straight away?

Btw: I have no clue how to share with you my entire project since it has the size of around 0,5 TB?

---------------------------

P.S.: I have tried to change my forum signature but it is impossible, I dont have the option in my profile although I checked the "Use signature" button in My Profile settings - strange but we can live w/o this

Here it says: Append Signature ( Signatures can be modified on "My Profile" page )

However in my profile in no such an option
Quote There's a lot of missing info here and maybe a couple of incorrect assumptions.

For one, if the Hardware encoder box is available and checked on the Produce page, then you are definitely using your RTX 2080's NVENC. You can easily confirm that by starting to produce with that box unchecked and looking at the estimated time after letting it run for a minute or two.

If the box isn't available, please attach the custom producing profile (if it's different from the one we worked on previously) and your current DxDiag results.

Hello, first of all - thank you for an answer and helpfull attitude as always - I will do tommorrow when render will be done ... I just changed the comp two weeks ago, so I was really curious what the difference will be ...

Regarding your questions:

1) HW encoder I am unable to check - I am 100% sure
2) When I was eager before - I have tried as a first attempt only 4K render with checked HW encoder and it has been really quick
3) I am using some LUTs yes

Profile attached, right now I am using the second one (50 Mbps).

Your further recommendations/advices are welcome! Thank you once again.

Btw: I have to update my signature

Miki
Hello,

please, just need a confirmation If i really cant do more now. There is still not solved the HW GPU support for videos bigger than 4K? It is terrible frustrating on computer worth $5000 equipped with the highest RTX 2080 GPU looking at 34 hours long render of 5,7K 360° video.

And of course I had before to set up again all the custom profile.ini file because by default it is impossible to do more than 4K. When will come this limitation to an end?
31.12.2019 ..... GH5 4k 10-bit videos still not working in PD17 ... is there some way how to convert them to diggestable format - but still 4k? I mean in virtual dub or something like that?

I have tried also lightworks as well, but this went wrong anyway, this editor reads it but has problem wit audio sync although in edit mode is the sync ok.

Original file mediainfo:

General
Complete name : G:\vid_pracovni\2019_12_29_metafly\P1000323.MP4
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media / Version 2
Codec ID : mp42 (mp42/avc1)
File size : 1.53 GiB
Duration : 1 min 26 s
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 152 Mb/s
Encoded date : UTC 2019-12-29 15:38:24
Tagged date : UTC 2019-12-29 15:38:24
PANA : G’ 6Œƒ@®‘‰ŒPÏç¡'(7Jw9“

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High 4:2:2@L5.1
Format settings : CABAC / 1 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, Reference frames : 1 frame
Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=12
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 150 Mb/s
Maximum bit rate : 180 Mb/s
Width : 3 840 pixels
Height : 2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 25.000 FPS
Standard : Component
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:2
Bit depth : 10 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.722
Stream size : 1.51 GiB (98%)
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : BT.709
Matrix coefficients : BT.709
Codec configuration box : avcC

Audio
ID : 2
Format : PCM
Format settings : Big / Signed
Codec ID : twos
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 1 536 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Stream size : 15.8 MiB (1%)

Other
ID : 3
Type : Time code
Format : QuickTime TC
Bit rate mode : Constant
Time code of first frame : 02:44:14:15
Time code, striped : Yes
Hello,

this is really hell to edit every single audiofile extra. The Normalize function is uselless in case of trying to get f.e. car noises out in dozens of scenes but not out of all scenes.

Missing:

1) EQ presets which can be saved like "Phone" effect, Notch, base Locut, base Hicut
2) main master EQ
3) Master track in MIX

Can someone direct me where I can put this as a feature request?

The answer is correct, HEVC is problem ... just about uploading the AVC.

Final video here (AVC 5,7K) -

Hm, now Render without LUTs out a nd still the same errors, looks like render problem

The answer is correct, HEVC is problem ... just about uploading the AVC.
Quote Hello,

are those visible mistakes related to using 2 luts in one video or to HEVC render?

Thank you.

M.

Hm, now Render without LUTs out a nd still the same errors, looks like render problem
Go to: