Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Man I have tried everything.This has happened a few times before.I corrected it by uninstalling and starting over.I wish I would of not even updated,but then I could not of even watched the latest Blu-Rays.Has anyone else fixed this problem?I have Ati HD4850 video card with latest drivers and a realtek hd audio onboard with the vista R220 along with the Ati HDMI R218 sound drivers.It all happened after the latest patch,I keep all my patches in my download folder so I uninstalled 2705 and went back to 2217a,So any ideas welcome!
The 2021-dvd080729-02 patch does not have the latest bd+ keys or aacs because Nims Island will not play.It will play under ultra 7oem I still have installed.When I put the disk in drive it said I needed critical update,I did it and then Nims Island Blu-Ray played.Still will not in ultra 8.0.2021u-dvd080729-02.Anyone have any Ideas!

Mark
When the pop up comes up asking "own disk",ask me later...etc. after you get done playing a movie,and I check I own then ok, it just shuts my player off.It never did this before the 1730 update. You got to start the PDVD 8 up again and it takes a bit to pop back up.I sent a inquiry in to Cyberlink but I got the same old stuff,no help.They said that this is a default part of the program.They were talking about Movie remix,surely not it crashing my player after the pop up. I don't think they truly read what you say.I dislike the movie remix thing.I love playing Blu-Rays and the player is great.Can movie remix be turned off? Or dos anyone know of a fix?
Quote: This is another one of those situations, where you have failed to research the product before buying.

PowerDVD 7.3 will output in Dolby digital 2 speaker mode only, this is an OEM product and is not therefore a full version, the version comparrison charts do make that quite clear.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Look at the version comparrison for Power DVD

http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/products/compare_33_ENU.html

Robert

I do not see a chart to compare the version I have with any others.Mine does say"Power DVD Ultra" In blue letters scrolling across the bottom right it reads,"Power DVD BD+HD 6CH" so far I have checked and everything seems the same.Take a look at the attached files please and tell me what you think,It's a bummer that it says 6 channels and doesn't do it,you agree?
Quote: marktheshark, if you haven't done so already you should update your High Definition Audio driver to "ATI HDMI Audio Device Driver R1.68" (note this is made by Realtek, but don't let that put you off). You can download it here:

ftp://61.56.86.122/pc/audio/HDMI_R168.exe

Then go into Sound applet in your Control Panel and click the "Supported Formats" tab. Make sure Dolby Digital and DTS and ticked.

I did do that but that did not help,plus I updated my graphics driver and the control center to 8.3.After doing so the color was real bad(way to red)and the sound was bad also.I rolled the ati hdmi driver back to the Microsoft one and the sound was ok then,just no 5.1.But the other guy who post to this thread said that my version does not do 5.1 anyway,only 2 channel.Hey thanks though,I believe I will go back to the drivers that came with this pc for the video card,the picture was fine then,I updated for other reasons that did not matter.Cheers!
no sir I was told buy the salesman at Best Buy all these things.I did not investagate any further but that would not of stopped me from buying this pc anyway.,The dvi to hdmi on my HD 2400xt video dard will not send out 5.1 only with a digital hookup.From the link you sent all the pdvd ultra ver will only decode in 2 channel.Can"t we get a upgrade for sound only?
I bought this pc ONLY because of the HD/BD drive and it had Power DVD Ultra
7.3.3516.0.0 all ready installed.I have been trying for 2 weeks now to get digital out to my Onkyo Receiver through the HDMI out put on the ati HD2400XT video card.It says it will play 5.1 up to 7.1.I read in a different post that this version that comes preinstalled will not play nothing but stereo or virtual surround.IS this true? If it is then I was took because I was told it would send digital 5.1 out.I hope someone from Cyberlink will respond.
As with any software you download,they send you a confirmation Email,Every place that I have bought from(Digital River,E commerce...)has all sent me a email with the link for what I bought extended downloads for.Hopefully you still have that email address,go back for a few years and look it up.Next time create a folder in your email program for all downloads and stuff it in there.I have been through this with Roxio,I have the 3yr extended download service and was in the same boat,I had to find it deep.Good Luck!
Go to: