Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Anyone know if the 3730a patch fixes this? I can't test it at the moment!
What I've done to get at my "24 month download" copy is: click "members" at the top of the page, then log in if necessary.

Then click "check order status" in the left hand column. I get a security error but click "continue to this website" anyway.

I then get asked to log in for a second time, using the same cyberlink account details.

I then get a list of orders and click the "24 month extended download" order. There's then a "download this product again" link, which lets me download the software.

Does that work for you?
I'm not sure what you're getting at. There's no $10 charge for any patch. As long as you have PowerDVD Ultra then the latest patch (which includes BD Profile 1.1 support) is a free download like all the others.
Just a quick update to say that I've had a reply from Cyberlink:

"In regard to your concern, we like to inform you that this is a bug in the latest build of the PowerDVD Ultra software.

This issue is already being escalated to our research and development team. Soon they will release a update that will fix this issue of the PowerDVD Ultra software."

Hopefully they really are working on it for the next build!
Quote: Apparently a lot of drives don't slow down to DVD video speeds (ie: 1x) even when they should, they stay revved up in DVD-ROM data reading mode (ie: 16x). I think the application has a lot to do with it.

You can install Nero DriveSpeed and limit the speed of DVD playback. Also, Slysoft AnyDVD HD has a speed limiter. I don't know if this will help, but you can try?

Thanks for the suggestion but I've already tried this (and use Drivespeed anyway!)

There are basically two types of sounds that come from my drive - one is simply the drive spinning, which is loud by default and completely silent if I change to a lower speed using Drivespeed.

The other is a "seek" sound, which is the sound the drive seems to make when it's looking for something on the disk. I've always heard this sound a bit when disks are loading, the difference is that since the latest patch it's continuous. This sound isn't changed at all by using Drivespeed. If I turn up the speed to full speed using drivespeed then it's just about drowned out by the spinning but that doesn't exactly solve the problem!
I have exactly the same problem.

My drive is an NEC 4551A. (I don't have a Blu-Ray / HD-DVD drive installed at the moment) The problem occurs on patches 3704 and 3730 - the only way I can solve the problem is by going back to 3516.

It's very irritating and makes watching DVDs really unpleasant - I've also noticed:

In build 3516, the drive isn't accessed at all when playback is stopped / paused, and when it's playing it's being accessed "lightly" and makes hardly any noise.

In builds 3704 and 3740, the drive is being accessed "lightly" even when playback is stopped or paused, and when I start to play it becomes very noisy. It's as if it's trying to do two things at once and having to seek between them.

I've also emailed Cyberlink about it but just got a reply to download the latest patch (which of course is what caused the problem) - I will reply again and see what happens!
Go to: