Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
You want me to pay $10 for a patch?
Peter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 31, 2007 20:18 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I upgraded from Power DVD 7 to Ultra to be able to play Blu-Ray movies as if they were on my standalone player. You did not include the PIP option and you expect ME to pay for the patch. In your dreams.[b][u]
Matthew [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 20, 2008 07:37 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not sure what you're getting at. There's no $10 charge for any patch. As long as you have PowerDVD Ultra then the latest patch (which includes BD Profile 1.1 support) is a free download like all the others.
Peter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 31, 2007 20:18 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I jumped the gun, my apologies. I was too hasty but I was annoyed to yet again receive an email from Cyberlink that had the problem of clicking on the link and it closes Outlook, and I mean closes not minimises, and no browser page is activated.[b]
Tom [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Canada Joined: Feb 17, 2008 00:07 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
That sounds more like a problem with Microsoft Lookout then a Cyberlink problem... A badly formatted email should not be able to crash the program.

On the other hand if you have the OEM version of Power DVD Ultra you have to buy the upgrade to the retail version to get the latest patch.
TAS
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Peter,
The PiP option and other things like DTS, etc. are not "patches" they are further upgrades to your version of PowerDVD...that's all. Patches are updates that are free. When you upgrade, you had the choice to select all the additional ad ons...or upgrades.

Hope that helps

Dave