Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote I am not sure what PD does with an external monitor connected. It might still default to the iGPU.
How you old laptop was working with Hardware Encoding? Welll... maybe it was using the iGPU for hardware acceleration, I have linked above the Intel capabilities.

Buying a laptop with a dGPU like RTX 3080 and thinking that the 3080 will be used for PD... will just be a waste of money.

My advice - Use a desktop. Better for gaming, better for PD...

Ok .... thx for this answer.. but :

• I say i don't put the lastest 3080 but 2060 -> 2080 series (looking for the really many variants ...)

• And i must move with my laptop sometimes ... i will never go in competition, or trainings with all my desktop/screen/...

• And more : Desktop will be at home in Linux ...

Voila, I CAN'T BUY a second desktop only for that.

What i mention important : you say on gaming laptop it's impossible and total waste to have a nvida dGPU .... on my old one, yesterday i check with gpuz : my render in H.264 used the dGPU (have you see the screenshot).

Then not impossible it seems ?

For all, here are the link on 2 videos for some "easy" and legal tweaks to try :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHMB9KuxeUg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjaDd0TIth4

(will look this evening)

another topic : i find infos about the Nvidia Studio Driver version. They says it's a variant optimized for multimedia producers, and mention Vega Pro, Adobe Premiere and 5-6 others ...
Not Cyberlink products.

Maybe Cyberlink can't afford to make the same work or collaboration ?
Maybe we should look other products if too boring to make the product works, and have the dev/support unable to make a start of answer.
Here is a screen of my last project

https://paste.pics/4c39134de7618ae4cc5cf2eeb2513de3

Some more note : on my current old lpatop (I5 série4, GTX 780m), it's Ok in H.264 with TrueVelocity !
https://paste.pics/4767ac901cf20bb30ead4ea680f5ef68

But as i think no encoder H.265, it goes full CPU (and terrible time, logical : from 7min to 55min).

@SoNic67: What i don't understand is how on my Old Gaming laptop i could use TrueVelocity, then my GPU for rendering ?
=> Should not be possible if i understand your answer.

Remember : ASUS ROG G750JH
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz
Nvidia GTX 780M

Note : i see someone speacking about a trick : connect to external monitor to activate direct comm to dGPU ?? Don't know if real, but i use a dual screen with a secondary monitor.
Quote The discrete nvidia GPU will not be used if this is just a "gaming" laptop. Those laptops have the screen directly connected to the CPU's GPU and the sofware that passes the 3D does not pass the video decoding/encoding. So in PD you won't see that hardware acceleration option from the dGPU.
There are proffesional laptop workstations that have a multiplexer switch that alows them to exclusivelly use the dGPU (they usually have a BIOS option to turn off the iGPU). Those laptops, dedicated for video editing jobs, are usually more expensive. And they don't do a good job at gaminig. Example:
https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/workstations-isv-certified/sr/workstations/precision-laptops

Now, I don't have experience with AMD's APU line of laptops (CPU+GPU in one chip). Those might expose their hardware video encoder to PD.

Generally a small form factor PC will be much better for video editing than a laptop.

PS: There is a limit of how much you can use a CPU in PD, but you won't reach it on a laptop. I reach it because I have two 8 core / 16 thread CPUs and at that point other latencies become more evident than the raw CPU processing power. Both the CPU and GPU will wait for something else to happen...

Thx for this answer.
I'll try ask more on reseller.

I think i'll stay in ASUS ROG series, newers one are TUF/Zephyrus/Strix/...
aiming something like Rizen 5/7, maybe 9 if it could be usefull, with NVidia RTX 2060/2070 super/max something..... (start to be hard to understand namings and meanings !!!). I think above configuration goes a great step higher in price.... and can't.

My other old Tower (core 2 Duo ) is my current Linux station with desktop GUI and some server services for home and training.
I plan to upgade it too later, but need on linux => can't currently dedicated a second computer only for PD work.

Maybe i'll have another solution, if i recycle my current Laptop (Asus ROG 750 to linux, and convert him in "desktop mode" with server's services). But then i should take a really lower laptop configuration in dual boot. I can't buy 2 great config currently.

PFfffffffff boring problem with this PD
I'll try to show the typical projects i manage on PD, could help to define the config.

I work with Gopro hero 6 black mainly + VideoMic Pro (and will add phones video in the future).
Projects are personnal videos, and sport videos for competitions in my club (table tennis).

=> i render for youtube in 1080p/60 (tend to use H.265 even if currently terrible in render time on my computer.

Duration : between 5 and 30 minutes.

Operations :

• add music

• add intro/final

• cut the match to keep only action

• add trasnitions between sets (or every points)

• add some titles (or sometimes/rarely more powerfull inclusions like a pip to show with a second angle, or a slowmo replay)

• "start/end black" transition (video and sound) for main scenes

(i should try add some sound and images corrections, but seems really complicated with a not perfect source (gopro in a gymnasium ...)
Hi,

First sorry for the errors, english not my native language.

I need to buy a new Compouter (laptop), my old ASUS ROG G750JH really light now even for small/medium projects.

I have severals specific questions to adjust my configuration. Note that this computer will be used for gmaing and aothers softs too.

• GPU :

• Is the GPU very important in working and rendering tasks ? I've read that often it's only CPU that are used.

• I should go for AMD Ryzen CPU, with an integrated GPU (no option like intel to buy a cpu without one).
      => i'll have a nvidia GPU card above it, is there a usefulness on this integrated GPU for Powerdirector ?
      Could it use only the integrated (like for small tasks ?), or even use boths GPUs for différents tasks or add power ?

• CPU :

• Is there a limit on numbers of cores/threads that PD can use ? Or, is upgrading a rizen 7/9 usefull (above a ryzen 5), or will PD never use more than X cores ?

• Is there sensible performance/... impact between an AMD and Intel CPU (of the same kind) ? I've read that for multitread and multimedia production, AMD could be better at lower price than Intel.

• As i can't change my desktop + laptop in the same time, and that i'd prefer have desktop in linux, i should continue to use PD on the future gaming Laptop. Is there really some advices to use Desktop for Video editing ? Or no problem with a good Gaming Laptop ? (I'll need sometime to work remotly too, then laptop mandatory)

-----
For info i send this to the support. But in short, they send me the url to minimal config (a joke), and can't guive any advice on hardware configuration to work with their tools.
Only : If you work on big projects, with huge resolution, you'll need or benefit from a greater hardware., If you work on small project, you could afford a smaller hardware ....

Thanks for the expertise !!!

-----
Other questions i sent : and Tools in Linux (eve via emulation) ?
--> still no plan to try make product available on those platforms ....
REally boring (i'm linux sysops .. then need it too, Windows only needed now for Cyberlink products !!!).
And Linux really more secure and light and powerfull than Windows.
(Maybe i'll try to have a supp disk to make a dual boot)

Thx for all your advices and experiences.
Quote I'm not sure there's much you can do other than lower the overall volume so it's easier on your ears.

If a person was giving a speech, for example, you could focus on that and use the noise gate and/or noise reduction tools. Without the video to understand what's happening, I can't hear any clear "narrative" that you'd want to focus on.

If there's an area with only the kind of sounds you want to remove, select that area and try Auto Denoise. You may have to use the manual method and use smart analysis to come up with a preset. You'll probably have to adjust the 3 sliders to get the best sound, then save that so you can use it on future clips.

Here's what using a preset sounds like on a clip with backgound power hum and too much echo:

Yes, speech maybe not the right term.

It's a match, but not really serious, and players often make comments, but not easy to understand.

I try to look at the links
Quote Everything sounds normal given the environment and the action going on. What are you trying to clean up? Do you have an example of a similar recording that sounds more like what you want?

Hi, sorry for the delay. Real Life important period

Sorry for the errors in some terms, not sure which use in english sometimes.

For the sound, i would reduce echo ? Gymnasium resonance ? background sounds ...
To focus more on the ball sound, and speech.

Currently, i can't reduce the global sound, and if i keep current level, it's like headache after 2 min
I use a "good" micro (Rode VideoMic Pro) with a gopro hero 6, but maybe not optimal configuration or can't do better with that in this case.
Quote:
So, does anyone know of a plug-in or something of the sort to allow this to happen?

There are Time counters that can keep up with the video as it plays.
The time display can be placed on top of the video.

Counts in 1/100 second increments:
http://www.mediacollege.com/downloads/video/timecode/clock.html

Counts in Video Frames.
http://www.mediacollege.com/downloads/video/timecode/

It may be possible to replace the Time display on the score board with the time display of these programs.

Old post i know, but same question.

I need toeadd score for table tennis matches, then numbers of sets, + points for each set. then from 8 to 12 counters to manage, like : blank, 0, 1, 2,..., 30

I have An idea but unable to know if possible :
Have 12 videos as counters, and use something like key frame or/and freeze to align when the counter must show the next number + freeze some then a set is finished for ex.

Thx, i try export a short audio track and share it tomorrow (late in france :

Done, 15" of noisy gymnasium
With some voices
Quote Hello dcpc007,

You're right. Sharing a file extract here is the best way to begin to resolve your audio issue. If it's too big to attach to your post, using the Attachments option:

you could upload it to:

CyberLink Cloud
One Drive
Google Drive

... or any shared file site, then post the link here.

Once members can hear what the audio is like, they'll be able to make suggestions about cleaning it up.

PIX

Thx, i try export a short audio track and share it tomorrow (late in france :
Hi,
I start videos for my sport club (table tennis).

I use a go pro hero 5 with Rode VideoMic Pro.

The sound is really really terrible, and i don't find how to clean it with all the repair tools I found.

I have an extract of a few second of the video but not sure how to share it.

Any help possible please ?

I should have explained it a little more clearly. You're doing everything correctly, but to change the score, you'll need to cut the lower third clip right when the goal happens, and then copy it and paste the new section to the right. Now, edit the score in the new section and then cut the ending and copy/paste/update the score in the next section as the game progresses.

Haaa ok, copy/paste the same title with a score change each time. And remove transition effects

Ok see ... not so easy then, because points orders evolve not in the same way each time then can't really reapply on each project (for matchs).

Pitty there is no direct solution like we see in videos or tv to count points and sets.

Those are titles called "lower thirds," and there are plenty to choose from in PD and on DirectorZone. All you need to do is update the score (which is simple text) each time it changes. No need to spend any more time looking for a counter cool

Hi thx... i maybe lack experience, but i didn't find how to change a text in the time with the pip editor

I can add time frames in the bottom parts like rotate, zoom,... (sorry for the exact words, i have french version).
Quote It is in the retail version of PD15. Not in the limited or free versions.

Found it, all effects are translate and not in english.

I think about another solution maybe :

• create 2 videos :

• one with counter for points

• one with counter for sets

• Create a mask for title background

• apply 4 counters videos in PIP (?) inside

• See how to manage the freeze 4 counter videos to make them show the next number only on the good frame.

A good exercice.
I'm trying to ask to a youtuber its advice (powerdirector university) but no answer until here.

I agree that i don't start with the most easy projects :
D
Hi!

Interesting.
Do you know if it could be easely adapted to fit several counter in a mask ?

I want to add on our club match video a permanent title with points and set, and adjust after each point

like in : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkuOAAJFboY&list=PLIl_mJ3zK7B-9q8wrwU4DGPsBd_5m8mUD
see bottom left corner
Quote The fx Time Stamp with the frames masked out can be one way.

Thx !

I'm in PD15, i don't see it in my Fx tab. Do you know if it comes from a pack ?
To be more precise, is there a method to do a semi-automatic number increment animation ?

Like i could create a background mask, and 2 overlapse with the increment, were i'll have "only" to manage the speed of change and align on the main video line.
Quote You could do that with any titling. It would save a lot of time if you place a second camera to record the scoreboard and place it in your video at a corner when you want it to display.

Yes a solution, but no other one (and only one support too ), i was thinking about a phone for this.

On TV programm, those scores are updated in live (and less than 1 sec), i was thinking maybe a plugin or something could be available.
Hard to make this search in google or other (some too strandard keywords until here)
Hi,

I'm filming matches for my club, and wanna add a point counter like in this video :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le1imDkXNBs

I don't find any tuto on how to do this.

any help please ?

Note : for table tennis, matches at my level are in 3 to 5 sets, generally a set is 11 points (but can go up)

I'm still in PD15 (+PE + AE)

Thx
David
Quote It isn't something I have ever done but one question that comes to mind is are you changing your project timeline settings to 30fps when you create that version (and vice versa). I realise that you're producing to 30 and 60fps profiles for each example but I'd imagine that to do a proper comparison you would need to change to the matching frame rate right at the start of the project. Presumably you are using footage which includes some rapid movement.

Hi,

I was looking thios configuration i wasn't aware before (thx PD university Guy ), but i don't see what it do still.

Many weeks i work with defualt config of 24fps in this parameter and i work in 30/60/120 fps for sources and output

Here are Two New video for test, separate in 30fps and 60fps (i don't know how to have both in the same video without make a false sample). (and i don't chnage the project global timeline value ...)

* 30fps : https://youtu.be/5bNJG1X9rJU
* 60fps : https://youtu.be/0eBftMN09uY

Creation :

• the original sequence

• dual view with :

• copy with speed 0.5x

• copy with speed 0.5x + interpolation images added (hard option to found !!!!)

Another note ! a real pain to find this powerfull option (even with the doc that only mention it, without tell how to activate it) ! and more, when we use action cam center to do the slowmotion, this option even not available !!! (in PD15)
Go to: