Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Digital counter with numbers counting up
Tuan1765 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 19, 2012 06:06 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Aloha,

I would like to have numbers in digital form counting up from zero to 10,000. I am pretty sure someone has done it already but can't find it anywhere. Can anyone help? Thanks so much!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tuan -

I can help you out (up to a point). A while back I built a project to do just what you're after.

I first made a series of titles (but they were numerals) from 0-99 - produced it and reworked to go from 0 - 999 - then kept adding a column till I finally got from to 0 - 9999. That's where I ran out of puff.

There's a screenshot of part of the final project attached... it's quite easy to do - just very repetitive! Maybe you can work it out using the screenshot as a guide.

Each clip produced during the process was rendered at 1920x1080, which means that packing the project or uploading the final 0-9999 (2.6GB) clip would be a bit difficult. An alternative would be to produce it in a low res format.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Counter Project.png]
 Filename
Counter Project.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
75 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
290 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 16. 2013 18:15

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Can I ask whether you are after frame accurate counting or do you just want a running number 0-10000 in a video file that you can add as another track?

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Maybe you would like one of these free Counters.

http://www.mediacollege.com/downloads/video/timecode/

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Maybe you would like one of these free Counters.

That's a handy link Carl. I didn't think about timecodes but took the question literally as "how to display a running total in a video" and built a small application to display the total. I then grabbed the window contents with CamStudio and used the result in PD with chroma key and a mask.
 Filename
Produce.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
Video displaying a running total 0-10000.
 Filesize
32506 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
398 time(s)
dcpc007 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 12, 2018 05:02 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Hi!

Interesting.
Do you know if it could be easely adapted to fit several counter in a mask ?

I want to add on our club match video a permanent title with points and set, and adjust after each point

like in : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkuOAAJFboY&list=PLIl_mJ3zK7B-9q8wrwU4DGPsBd_5m8mUD
see bottom left corner
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I want to add on our club match video a permanent title with points and set, and adjust after each point

like in : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkuOAAJFboY&list=PLIl_mJ3zK7B-9q8wrwU4DGPsBd_5m8mUD
see bottom left corner

Those are titles called "lower thirds," and there are plenty to choose from in PD and on DirectorZone. All you need to do is update the score (which is simple text) each time it changes. No need to spend any more time looking for a counter cool
dcpc007 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Those are titles called "lower thirds," and there are plenty to choose from in PD and on DirectorZone. All you need to do is update the score (which is simple text) each time it changes. No need to spend any more time looking for a counter cool

Hi thx... i maybe lack experience, but i didn't find how to change a text in the time with the pip editor

I can add time frames in the bottom parts like rotate, zoom,... (sorry for the exact words, i have french version).
[Thumb - 2020-01-04 14_57_50-Concepteur de titres  _  6  __ Ponthierry -- Ozoir __ 6.png]
 Filename
2020-01-04 14_57_50-Concepteur de titres _ 6 __ Ponthierry -- Ozoir __ 6.png
[Disk]
 Description
PIP designer
 Filesize
272 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
29 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi thx... i maybe lack experience, but i didn't find how to change a text in the time with the pip editor

I can add time frames in the bottom parts like rotate, zoom,... (sorry for the exact words, i have french version).

I should have explained it a little more clearly. You're doing everything correctly, but to change the score, you'll need to cut the lower third clip right when the goal happens, and then copy it and paste the new section to the right. Now, edit the score in the new section and then cut the ending and copy/paste/update the score in the next section as the game progresses.
dcpc007 [Avatar]
[Post New]

I should have explained it a little more clearly. You're doing everything correctly, but to change the score, you'll need to cut the lower third clip right when the goal happens, and then copy it and paste the new section to the right. Now, edit the score in the new section and then cut the ending and copy/paste/update the score in the next section as the game progresses.

Haaa ok, copy/paste the same title with a score change each time. And remove transition effects

Ok see ... not so easy then, because points orders evolve not in the same way each time then can't really reapply on each project (for matchs).

Pitty there is no direct solution like we see in videos or tv to count points and sets.
optodata
[Post New]
Quote Haaa ok, copy/paste the same title with a score change each time. And remove transition effects

Ok see ... not so easy then, because points orders evolve not in the same way each time then can't really reapply on each project (for matchs).

Pitty there is no direct solution like we see in videos or tv to count points and sets.

Yeah, there's no way I can think of to manually trigger an "up count" at random points on the timeline, so you'll have to do it manually each time.

You might want to request that in a future edition of PD by going to File, then Rate Us & Provide Suggestions.