Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Create a comparaison 30fps vs 60fps
dcpc007 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 12, 2018 05:02 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I want to show differences between 30fps and 60fps video with slowmotions sequences.

i have a source of 60fps and try a 0.5x slowmo.

then i render 2 video in 30fps and 60fps.

but, i feel it's not easy to compare, then i decide to make a video comparison side by side...
.. and i render it at 60fps

then no difference.

Is it possible, and how, to create a single video with side by side 30fps and 60fps ?
Like : https://youtu.be/avbCStXzfgQ (the wrong creation)

Thx
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
It isn't something I have ever done but one question that comes to mind is are you changing your project timeline settings to 30fps when you create that version (and vice versa). I realise that you're producing to 30 and 60fps profiles for each example but I'd imagine that to do a proper comparison you would need to change to the matching frame rate right at the start of the project. Presumably you are using footage which includes some rapid movement.
dcpc007 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 12, 2018 05:02 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It isn't something I have ever done but one question that comes to mind is are you changing your project timeline settings to 30fps when you create that version (and vice versa). I realise that you're producing to 30 and 60fps profiles for each example but I'd imagine that to do a proper comparison you would need to change to the matching frame rate right at the start of the project. Presumably you are using footage which includes some rapid movement.

Hi,

I was looking thios configuration i wasn't aware before (thx PD university Guy ), but i don't see what it do still.

Many weeks i work with defualt config of 24fps in this parameter and i work in 30/60/120 fps for sources and output

Here are Two New video for test, separate in 30fps and 60fps (i don't know how to have both in the same video without make a false sample). (and i don't chnage the project global timeline value ...)

* 30fps : https://youtu.be/5bNJG1X9rJU
* 60fps : https://youtu.be/0eBftMN09uY

Creation :

• the original sequence

• dual view with :

• copy with speed 0.5x

• copy with speed 0.5x + interpolation images added (hard option to found !!!!)

Another note ! a real pain to find this powerfull option (even with the doc that only mention it, without tell how to activate it) ! and more, when we use action cam center to do the slowmotion, this option even not available !!! (in PD15)