Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
questions about audio cleaning
dcpc007 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 12, 2018 05:02 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I start videos for my sport club (table tennis).

I use a go pro hero 5 with Rode VideoMic Pro.

The sound is really really terrible, and i don't find how to clean it with all the repair tools I found.

I have an extract of a few second of the video but not sure how to share it.

Any help possible please ?
[Post New]
Hello dcpc007,

You're right. Sharing a file extract here is the best way to begin to resolve your audio issue. If it's too big to attach to your post, using the Attachments option:

you could upload it to:

CyberLink Cloud
One Drive
Google Drive

... or any shared file site, then post the link here.

Once members can hear what the audio is like, they'll be able to make suggestions about cleaning it up.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
dcpc007 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello dcpc007,

You're right. Sharing a file extract here is the best way to begin to resolve your audio issue. If it's too big to attach to your post, using the Attachments option:

you could upload it to:

CyberLink Cloud
One Drive
Google Drive

... or any shared file site, then post the link here.

Once members can hear what the audio is like, they'll be able to make suggestions about cleaning it up.

PIX

Thx, i try export a short audio track and share it tomorrow (late in france :
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The forum can accept files up to 5MB in size as attachments. If the exported audio clip is larger than that, please use a cloud sharing site like the ones PIX suggested.
dcpc007 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Thx, i try export a short audio track and share it tomorrow (late in france :

Done, 15" of noisy gymnasium
With some voices
 Filename
Extrait_Gymnase.m4a
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
226 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
189 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Everything sounds normal given the environment and the action going on. What are you trying to clean up? Do you have an example of a similar recording that sounds more like what you want?
dcpc007 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Everything sounds normal given the environment and the action going on. What are you trying to clean up? Do you have an example of a similar recording that sounds more like what you want?

Hi, sorry for the delay. Real Life important period

Sorry for the errors in some terms, not sure which use in english sometimes.

For the sound, i would reduce echo ? Gymnasium resonance ? background sounds ...
To focus more on the ball sound, and speech.

Currently, i can't reduce the global sound, and if i keep current level, it's like headache after 2 min
I use a "good" micro (Rode VideoMic Pro) with a gopro hero 6, but maybe not optimal configuration or can't do better with that in this case.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
It’s been almost 4 months now. I would ask for a sample with some silence included so one could set up the software to do the job. You can probably fix it yourself as others did. See these posts for the solutions from others: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45748.page and https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21112.page . Here is a product that can help: https://fxfactory.com/blog/effects-2/remove-excessive-reverb-room-echo-from-your-video/ .
optodata
[Post New]
I'm not sure there's much you can do other than lower the overall volume so it's easier on your ears.

If a person was giving a speech, for example, you could focus on that and use the noise gate and/or noise reduction tools. Without the video to understand what's happening, I can't hear any clear "narrative" that you'd want to focus on.

If there's an area with only the kind of sounds you want to remove, select that area and try Auto Denoise. You may have to use the manual method and use smart analysis to come up with a preset. You'll probably have to adjust the 3 sliders to get the best sound, then save that so you can use it on future clips.

Here's what using a preset sounds like on a clip with backgound power hum and too much echo:

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
This tool may help: https://youtu.be/DW3NhuvQu8c?list=TLGGYiONpQxCa70yODAxMjAyMQ . The echo is reduced.
dcpc007 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I'm not sure there's much you can do other than lower the overall volume so it's easier on your ears.

If a person was giving a speech, for example, you could focus on that and use the noise gate and/or noise reduction tools. Without the video to understand what's happening, I can't hear any clear "narrative" that you'd want to focus on.

If there's an area with only the kind of sounds you want to remove, select that area and try Auto Denoise. You may have to use the manual method and use smart analysis to come up with a preset. You'll probably have to adjust the 3 sliders to get the best sound, then save that so you can use it on future clips.

Here's what using a preset sounds like on a clip with backgound power hum and too much echo:

Yes, speech maybe not the right term.

It's a match, but not really serious, and players often make comments, but not easy to understand.

I try to look at the links