Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hi alexxi,

I don't think your playback issues are caused by JAVA or hidden tracks. PowerDVD is a complex software player which is affected in the main by software problems. I can remember similar problems which I fixed by deleting (better renaming) the working directories of PowerDVD, i.e.

1) \AppData\Local\Cyberlink

2) C:\ProgramData\Cyberlink

3) C:\ProgramData\PDVD

PowerDVD will create new folders at startup.

After days I even reset my Windows10 and install PDVD first to have a try. I guess that's a brand new & clean system to test the movie without any influence by other software. Of course the Windows Defender switched off manually either. But...unfortunately, everything is still the same with previous. I strongly doubt is the movie source problem once again. But I can't explain to myself why that could be played on other methods...

I supposed is that anyway you can check by remote or download my source movie (file), which couldn't be played on my side? Otherwise, I just accept the realities eventually.

However, that's appreciated for your patient explains till now.
Quote Hi alexxi,

have you seen this related post ( https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/76702.page ) ?

Hi dear,

Yes, I read that. As posted, whatever I turned Windows Defender off, or use AnyDVD HD to be the background ripper program. It is still useless. I gave up by hundreds attempts and without any progress.

The only difference between playable and unplayable BDs (including 4K UHD BDs). The unplayable's which must has DB-Java or Some hidden tracks of playlists on the disc. (attached with the results checked by DBInfo. And the playable's might have DB-Java or might not. No more other differences I can find between them for my knowledge so far.
It's so appreciated for the quick reply.

As you suggestion. I updated the GPU with the newest driver from Intel for "Intel UHD Graphic 620" with Ver. 24.20.100.6229 (release on 2nd Aug). For BD entities, it is an BD folder downloaded. So I suppose it doesn't matter with BD driver firmware because it wan't played by BD Driver finally, right? So I really don't understand why there are some of movies cannot be played, but others are fine?

BTW, as you mentioned -- Pls also note that you applied a "decryption" plugin to do it simultaneously. What did you mean for that? Because I applied a "decryption" plugin so it might be the problem for playing DB in PDVD. Or I need to apply a "decryption" plugin to help for playing DB correctly in PDVD? If the answer is the 2nd, what's the "decryption" plugin will help for?
As subject, there are some BD films cannot be played in PDVD (neither in PDVD17 when I updated to PDVD18 on previous). Of course, they can be played in other software and BD players which I tested. e.g. DVDFab player, VLC media player and other BD hardware players etc...

Some of the BD shown "didn't support this kind of disc" and some even no any response when I started playing. Pls refer with the attachment. I supposed it might be lack of JAVA components and tried to install JAVA newest version. But it still doesn't work. What I doubt is that some of BDs cannot be played, although other players played well. That must be the bugs for PDVD so far.
That is the wierdest things I met. It won't be changed frequently. But it did change occasionally, or maybe for days...

Only one thing I can ensure that if the network mapping driver for Video Library was down. It would lose the covers. Even if the mapping driver was back, the movie library will be re-scanned with the default icons in landscape, just likes what I shown. To avoid this, I'm very careful to keep the driver "alives". But it still auto changed for few times...

BTW, for settings, of course I didn't change anything about. Just do the actions of cover adding, movie playing, nothing else.

Because I don't know the mechanism, which PDVD how to save the covers, what's the aspect ratio of the cover, is any themenail will store the cover info of each movie. If these kind of info could be told, I might avoid the malfunction on next.
Yes, I disabled that before set cover for each movie. I knew the setting would affect everything.

It happens occassionally, right?
I may try that disable the movie info feature in powerdvd settings to avoid any unexpected movie cover art refresh.
Hello support,

It's so terrible that problem always occures for my Media Library. I set the cover for each movie manually. But if the cover is vertical. It will reset the icons to landscape orientation automatically sometimes when I open PDVD (version 17 of mine). I wonder how does this always happen even I didn't change any settings for it? Please refer with the attachment <icons compare.jpg>

Could you please give me a suggestion how can this always happen? And is there a solution how can this be avoided?

Thank you!
Go to: