Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Why some BD cannot be played in PDVD?
alexxi [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 19, 2018 06:59 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
As subject, there are some BD films cannot be played in PDVD (neither in PDVD17 when I updated to PDVD18 on previous). Of course, they can be played in other software and BD players which I tested. e.g. DVDFab player, VLC media player and other BD hardware players etc...

Some of the BD shown "didn't support this kind of disc" and some even no any response when I started playing. Pls refer with the attachment. I supposed it might be lack of JAVA components and tried to install JAVA newest version. But it still doesn't work. What I doubt is that some of BDs cannot be played, although other players played well. That must be the bugs for PDVD so far.
[Thumb - play with no response.JPG]
 Filename
play with no response.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
50 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
You may update your BD drive firmware or GPU drivers for DRM compatibilities.

VLC cannot play "DRM" BDs.
Pls also note that you applied a "decryption" plugin to do it simultaneously.
DVDFab is something like AnyDVD. It plays BD via cracking way.
alexxi [Avatar]
[Post New]
It's so appreciated for the quick reply.

As you suggestion. I updated the GPU with the newest driver from Intel for "Intel UHD Graphic 620" with Ver. 24.20.100.6229 (release on 2nd Aug). For BD entities, it is an BD folder downloaded. So I suppose it doesn't matter with BD driver firmware because it wan't played by BD Driver finally, right? So I really don't understand why there are some of movies cannot be played, but others are fine?

BTW, as you mentioned -- Pls also note that you applied a "decryption" plugin to do it simultaneously. What did you mean for that? Because I applied a "decryption" plugin so it might be the problem for playing DB in PDVD. Or I need to apply a "decryption" plugin to help for playing DB correctly in PDVD? If the answer is the 2nd, what's the "decryption" plugin will help for?
excalibur [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 17, 2011 10:50 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
Hi alexxi,

have you seen this related post ( https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/76702.page ) ?
alexxi [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi alexxi,

have you seen this related post ( https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/76702.page ) ?

Hi dear,

Yes, I read that. As posted, whatever I turned Windows Defender off, or use AnyDVD HD to be the background ripper program. It is still useless. I gave up by hundreds attempts and without any progress.

The only difference between playable and unplayable BDs (including 4K UHD BDs). The unplayable's which must has DB-Java or Some hidden tracks of playlists on the disc. (attached with the results checked by DBInfo. And the playable's might have DB-Java or might not. No more other differences I can find between them for my knowledge so far.
[Thumb - unplayable DB.JPG]
 Filename
unplayable DB.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
207 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)
excalibur [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 17, 2011 10:50 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
Hi alexxi,

I don't think your playback issues are caused by JAVA or hidden tracks. PowerDVD is a complex software player which is affected in the main by software problems. I can remember similar problems which I fixed by deleting (better renaming) the working directories of PowerDVD, i.e.

1) \AppData\Local\Cyberlink

2) C:\ProgramData\Cyberlink

3) C:\ProgramData\PDVD

PowerDVD will create new folders at startup.
alexxi [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi alexxi,

I don't think your playback issues are caused by JAVA or hidden tracks. PowerDVD is a complex software player which is affected in the main by software problems. I can remember similar problems which I fixed by deleting (better renaming) the working directories of PowerDVD, i.e.

1) \AppData\Local\Cyberlink

2) C:\ProgramData\Cyberlink

3) C:\ProgramData\PDVD

PowerDVD will create new folders at startup.

After days I even reset my Windows10 and install PDVD first to have a try. I guess that's a brand new & clean system to test the movie without any influence by other software. Of course the Windows Defender switched off manually either. But...unfortunately, everything is still the same with previous. I strongly doubt is the movie source problem once again. But I can't explain to myself why that could be played on other methods...

I supposed is that anyway you can check by remote or download my source movie (file), which couldn't be played on my side? Otherwise, I just accept the realities eventually.

However, that's appreciated for your patient explains till now.