Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

@ d_mat

1. You should know that not any AMD driver is compatible to all kind of systems! For this purpose AMD is providing a special detection tool to be found here:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool

2. Even if you download what you may think that it's the correct driver pack it won't install if it's not! That's the reason you need to use AMD Catalyst Control Center for updating which should be installed on your system already!

3. There is always some difference in the description of the driver name between AMD system info and Windows 10 device manager. I believe that what you attached here as a proof is nothing but the same driver version!

4. You seem as if you're intending to avoid to answer to what everybody is mainly interested here. Did you manage to resolve PowerDVD 15 issues with the new (?) driver version that you claim you found? If not what's this discussion for?

And last but not least it's more than obvious that PowerDVD 15 is not (yet) compatible with Windows 10 since it doesn't work with it's initial driver! There are quite a few here in this section of threads saying it and hoping that some Cyberlink staff would read and update! Sorry but what are you trying to prove?????
@ d_mat

According to AMD Catalyst Control Center there isn't any update other than the initial one installed together with Windows 10 upgrade which can't get reversed!!! Since this version is the initial, it's common sense to understand that every software causing issues IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS 10!!!!

Every other player compatible with Windows 10 installed on my system was improved with these AMD drivers including 3D and gaming!

IT'S SIMPLY A SHAME FOR CYBERLINK ADVERTIZING POWER DVD 15 AS COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS 10 ONLY TO SELL MORE!!!!

Whether we like it or not Windows 10 is the last ever OS that Microsoft will provide, meaning that it's going to be updated and improved permanently!

On the other hand it's UNACCEPTABLE for PowerDVD 15 still not to get updated in order to be compatible with with Win 10 as advertized! Considering that you can't use the true theater video enhancements any more, the video quality you get with hardware acceleration only doesn't justify it's price at all!

HENCE EVERYBODY SHOULD KNOW THAT POWER DVD 15 IS A BIG FRAUD!!!!!

The only crap is PowerDVD 15 which unfortunately has cost us 100$ !!!!
@JohnS123

Now the case of all those who want to upgrade to Windows 10 should be that AMD drivers latest version is the only provided and IT'S NOT COMPATIBLE WITH POWER DVD 15 MOST IMPORTANT FEATURES!!!!

All software, especially those that ask you to buy them, should adapt themselves to the new situation and get updated!

Especially PowerDVD 15 which is advertized as compatible to Windows 10 WHICH IS A BIG LIE!!!!!

That's right!!!

I've just upgraded to Windows 10 only to find out that PowerDVD 15 works only with hardware acceleration! If you use True Theater Enhancements you get severe stuttering!

Sorry but it's not fine at all as this video quality you can get for free in every free player on the web!!!!

You don't need to pay 100$ for this crap!!!

Just upgraded to Windows 10 with the latest AMD drivers and the issue persists!!!

True theater video enhancements give severe stuttering!!!

Only hardware acceleration works providing same picture quality as every free video player!

Simply a shame for a 100$ player!!!!

THE NEW DRIVERS WORK PERFECTLY FINE WITH ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING ELSE ON WINDOWS 8.1 BUT POWER DVD 15 LATEST PATCH!!!!!

(Including connection to a HD TV via HDMI)
Windows 10 free upgrade may take days, weeks, months to be distributed to all those interested!

On the other hand the latest update of AMD drivers (15.7.1) works fine with everything else on Win 8.1 but PowerDVD 15 latest patch!

Besides nobody can force anybody upgrade to Win 10 if he doesn't want to!

IT'S SIMPLY UNACCEPTABLE FOR CYBERLINK NOT TO UPDATE PowerDVD 15 FOR BEING COMPATIBLE WITH AMD UPDATE, TAKING INTO CONSIDERATION THE PRICE OF THE SOFTWARE!!!!

@ JohnS123

Since Catalyst was pre-installed on my system and absolutely everything else is working perfectly fine with the latest update apart from PowerDVD 15 latest patch, I can't change to Omega just because Cyberlink is not willing to update it's software!!!

Naturally I'll install Win 10 free upgrade when it comes out, however how can you be sure that this is going to resolve the issue????

Wow again and again, however as our Lord J.C. said:

"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven"

Now SERIOUSLY to any Cyberlink technician reading this thread:

PLEASE UPDATE PowerDVD 15 Build 1804 ACCORDING TO AMD LATEST DRIVERS UPDATES THE SOONEST POSSIBLE AS I'M GOING TO SPREAD THIS ISSUE ALL OVER THE SOCIAL MEDIA!!! NOT ONLY ASKING MONEY FOR A SOFTWARE THAT DOESN'T UPDATE AS IT SHOULD!!!!

Wow!!!!

Therefore you suggest to ignore windows prompts to update my drivers just because ONE OF THE MOST EXPENSIVE SOFTWARE IN THE MARKET IS REFUSING TO UPDATE AND GET COMPATIBLE!!!!!

According to YOUR WAY OF THINKING we shouldn't install any updates unless we face some problem before!

Besides as you see I'm not the only facing this issue!

Hence PDVD 15 Ultra publishers NEED TO UPDATE THEIR SOFTWARE URGENTLY INSTEAD OF ASKING ALL THOSE MONEY TO BUY!

@ Anthony1111

All the difference between PowerDVD 15 Ultra and the other video players lies in True Theater Video Enhacements. That's what you actually paid for!!! Hardware acceleration is supported by almost every free video player you can get as it provides conventional picture quality! This could be understood better if you use a big screen HD TV for playing you movies!
Excuse me but it's hard for me to get your way of thinking!!!!

I'm telling you that I've updated my drivers to the latest version and you are asking me why????

Shall I wait for a problem to appear first since Windows themselves are prompting me to?

Apart from PowerDVD 15 Ultra build 1804, all the rest of the programs on my system are working perfectly fine with this driver update!

It's simply hilarious asking me to post AMD web site to ask why they updated their drivers after all those years just because 1 single program PowerDVD 15 is refusing to update!!!

Besides PowerDVD 15 Ultra is one of the most expensive software in the market and should be updated and work with every driver update!!!!

PS: No driver is beta on my system!!!!
I have installed on my system PDVD 15 Ultra latest patch, however when I updated my AMD Radeon HD 7500M/7600M drivers to the latest version 15.20.1046, PowerDVD 15 cannot play properly Blu-ray ISO files with True Theater Video Enhacements enabled. I need to disable them and enable hardware acceleration in order to play them properly! I'm quite sure that this issue is caused due to incompatibility with the latest AMD drivers because when I rolled back to the older version 14.501.1003 the issue was resolved! Need to add that my OS is Windows 8.1 64bit. Hence PowerDVD 15 build 1804 NEEDS TO GET UPDATED URGENTLY IN ORDER TO BE COMPATIBLE WITH AMD Radeon HD 7500M/7600M SERIES, VERSION 15.20.1046 DRIVERS
Go to: