Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 15 build 1804 NEEDS TO BE UPDATED URGENTLY!
ernaniaroldo [Avatar]
Member Location: US Joined: Nov 08, 2009 14:40 Messages: 54 Offline
[Post New]
I have installed on my system PDVD 15 Ultra latest patch, however when I updated my AMD Radeon HD 7500M/7600M drivers to the latest version 15.20.1046, PowerDVD 15 cannot play properly Blu-ray ISO files with True Theater Video Enhacements enabled. I need to disable them and enable hardware acceleration in order to play them properly! I'm quite sure that this issue is caused due to incompatibility with the latest AMD drivers because when I rolled back to the older version 14.501.1003 the issue was resolved! Need to add that my OS is Windows 8.1 64bit. Hence PowerDVD 15 build 1804 NEEDS TO GET UPDATED URGENTLY IN ORDER TO BE COMPATIBLE WITH AMD Radeon HD 7500M/7600M SERIES, VERSION 15.20.1046 DRIVERS

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 27. 2015 04:06

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Why not use the older drivers and notify AMD to repair/fix/update their drivers? Did you install a beta driver?

Did you have a problem with ANY programs before you updated? Did you look at the fixes that this driver was supposed to fix and did any apply to you.

To make it simple, what did you intend to fix with the new driver other than to have the latest one that does not work. Did you post on AMD's web site? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
ernaniaroldo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Excuse me but it's hard for me to get your way of thinking!!!!

I'm telling you that I've updated my drivers to the latest version and you are asking me why????

Shall I wait for a problem to appear first since Windows themselves are prompting me to?

Apart from PowerDVD 15 Ultra build 1804, all the rest of the programs on my system are working perfectly fine with this driver update!

It's simply hilarious asking me to post AMD web site to ask why they updated their drivers after all those years just because 1 single program PowerDVD 15 is refusing to update!!!

Besides PowerDVD 15 Ultra is one of the most expensive software in the market and should be updated and work with every driver update!!!!

PS: No driver is beta on my system!!!!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 27. 2015 10:46

No
Anthony1111 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 01, 2015 15:12 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I updated my AMD graphics driver to the latest one, Catalyst 15.7 and I get severe stuttering with TrueTheater video enhancements enabled when playing Blu-Rays. Yes, turning off video enhancements and enabling hardware acceleration resolves the stuttering.
To be honest, the picture still looks very good. I will be upgrading to Windows 10 in a couple of days when it is released and then there will be an official Windows 10 graphics driver made available by AMD, or so I believe. It will be interesting to see if that resolves the issue for us. Best regards,
Anthony.
ernaniaroldo [Avatar]
[Post New]

@ Anthony1111

All the difference between PowerDVD 15 Ultra and the other video players lies in True Theater Video Enhacements. That's what you actually paid for!!! Hardware acceleration is supported by almost every free video player you can get as it provides conventional picture quality! This could be understood better if you use a big screen HD TV for playing you movies! No
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
You said "Excuse me but it's hard for me to get your way of thinking!!!! "

Did you ever hear the old saying "Don't fix it if it isn't broke"?

You must have updated the driver for a reason - somehting must have been broken before the update. Did you look at what the update to the driver was supposed to fix? Companies do put out this information for a reason. People are supposed to read it to see if it is applicable to their issue. I asked this aboove and you conviently ignored that question.

PDVD was working properly and you broke it. Tell me why Cyerlink is responsible? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
ernaniaroldo [Avatar]
[Post New]

Wow!!!!

Therefore you suggest to ignore windows prompts to update my drivers just because ONE OF THE MOST EXPENSIVE SOFTWARE IN THE MARKET IS REFUSING TO UPDATE AND GET COMPATIBLE!!!!!

According to YOUR WAY OF THINKING we shouldn't install any updates unless we face some problem before!

Besides as you see I'm not the only facing this issue!

Hence PDVD 15 Ultra publishers NEED TO UPDATE THEIR SOFTWARE URGENTLY INSTEAD OF ASKING ALL THOSE MONEY TO BUY!
No
stevek
[Post New]
You said "According to YOUR WAY OF THINKING we shouldn't install any updates unless we face some problem before! "

YES, that is what I am saying. PICNIC!

At this point can we agree to disagree? I will be happily using my PowerDVD while you wait for an update. smile

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 27. 2015 13:08

ernaniaroldo [Avatar]
[Post New]

Wow again and again, however as our Lord J.C. said:

"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven"

Now SERIOUSLY to any Cyberlink technician reading this thread:

PLEASE UPDATE PowerDVD 15 Build 1804 ACCORDING TO AMD LATEST DRIVERS UPDATES THE SOONEST POSSIBLE AS I'M GOING TO SPREAD THIS ISSUE ALL OVER THE SOCIAL MEDIA!!! NOT ONLY ASKING MONEY FOR A SOFTWARE THAT DOESN'T UPDATE AS IT SHOULD!!!! No
JohnS123 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Athens, Greece Joined: Jun 07, 2015 04:04 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Even patched PowerDVD 15 still has problems with Catalyst 15.7.

I've had no issues with Omega 14.12. wink

We expect an update enabling full compatibility support with Win X RTM soon.

There are two alternative solutions: stick with Windows 8.1 and Omega 14.12 or upgrade to Win X RTM and the latest Catalyst release.
ernaniaroldo [Avatar]
[Post New]

@ JohnS123

Since Catalyst was pre-installed on my system and absolutely everything else is working perfectly fine with the latest update apart from PowerDVD 15 latest patch, I can't change to Omega just because Cyberlink is not willing to update it's software!!!

Naturally I'll install Win 10 free upgrade when it comes out, however how can you be sure that this is going to resolve the issue???? No
dc8flyer [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 03, 2011 19:34 Messages: 33 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Even patched PowerDVD 15 still has problems with Catalyst 15.7.

I've had no issues with Omega 14.12. wink

We expect an update enabling full compatibility support with Win X RTM soon.

There are two alternative solutions: stick with Windows 8.1 and Omega 14.12 or upgrade to Win X RTM and the latest Catalyst release.

PDVD15 and AMD Omega drivers did not work well for me. I was hit and miss as I would have to stop and restart PDVD15 in order to get the sound to work. The True Theater did work however.

I had hoped upgrading to the latest PDVD build would have resolved the sound issue with PDVD15 but it did not. Now I have lost the True Theater as well. My PDVD14 had no issues whatsoever with the Omega drivers and I'm trying to recall if I had the PDVD14 and the latest AMD drivers together. I believe I did and I had no problems with PDVD14.

When you say the customer has two alternatives, does this mean there will be no attempt to look into this incompatability? As I mentioned earlier, PDVD15 did not work perfectly with the omega drivers either.

I posted some time ago about my situation but never received a reply. I deleted PDVD14 from the system after installing PDVD15 (at the time I had omega drivers and the sound problem was tolerable) and asked what my options were. Any chance of getting a link for the PDVD14 and a refund for PDVD15?
stevek
[Post New]
dc8flyer: We can't help, we are users just like you (almost). Contact Cyberlink Sales directly.

Are you going to Windows 10 soon?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 30. 2015 06:11

ernaniaroldo [Avatar]
[Post New]

Just upgraded to Windows 10 with the latest AMD drivers and the issue persists!!!

True theater video enhancements give severe stuttering!!!

Only hardware acceleration works providing same picture quality as every free video player!

Simply a shame for a 100$ player!!!! No