Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: ernanairoldo:

How do you argue with success? As I said, I was unable to activate True Theater video enhancements on my W10 computer with NVidia video card. The original poster indicated that he is now able to view his videos without stuttering.

Perhaps you should be complaining to AMD about their card and drivers?

What enhancements do you need? Are you using a monitor, projector or TV. I am using a 2K - 28 inch monitor and the picture is perfect.

Perhaps another, more costly computer program would be the right solution for you? wink

First I've made it more than clear that my reply wasn't addressed to you or any other of the usual suspects dedicated to "help" in this forum and most likely work for Cyberlink!!!!

The original poster as the others who have posted or participated to similar threads faces the same issue as everybody who has upgraded to Windows 10 with the initial and only available AMD driver pack version!!! The title he has given to this thread indicates this very clearly!!!

No, I won't let you derail this thread's subject as some collegues of yours have tried already elswhere. Neither the monitor you're using or anything else have anything to do with the initial issue desribed here by the original poster!

Those who purchased PowerDVD 15 demand it's most important and highly advertised feature which is True Theater HD technology to work without "massive stuttering"!!! I repeat that when a new OS or a driver update is coming out, it's a software's rensponsibility to update and get adapted accordingly, regardless if it's staff has to collaborate with AMD or Microsoft staff! It's PowerDVD 15 not working as it should and it has no limitation in it's system requirements for those having AMD graphic cards!

Finally PowereDVD 15 is coslty enough to provide at least what is advertised for when other free software do!

Therefore give us a break sir and go find someone else to argue with nonsense!!!
Quote: Thankyou for your response,

I have disabled the enhancements and uploaded the new drivers as you suggested and it seems to have done the trick.
Happy Days!

Thanks again

By disabling the enhancements you disable the True Theater HD technolology which is the main reason that makes PowerDVD 15 superior to any other existing player free or not! In fact that's basically what what you've paid for!!!

I'm not sure I understood the other part of your reply "uploaded the new drivers" as there are no new drivers yet unless you've rolled back to the previous AMD driver pack version and to Windows 8.1 as well or perhaps to PowerDVD 14. There's no other than the initial driver pack version for Windows 10 available by AMD yet!

As you may understand an update for PowerDVD 15 in collaboration with AMD is more than necessary and urgent as the video quality provided with the True Theater Enhancements disabled doesn't justify it's price at all!!!!

Please read the threads by other users complaining about the same issue in this section of the forum and I invite you to the social media where we can report it and make this update (patch) appear the soonest possible!!!!

Feel free contact to me any time!!!
Quote: I recontacted Cyberlink concerning not receiving answer to my previous ticket. I just now received answer back. They say

as we knew it was that AMD drivers 15 and update is not compatable with TT. Their engineers are workiing with AMD for update to

correct this problem and suggested rolling back to the vs. 14 that was working before the 15 update for Windows 10.

Hope they do get it worked out and AMD does release update that will correct this problem with Windows 10.

I have been unsuccessful in getting anyting from AMD at all......

We should not have to do any kind of tweeking in CCC to get this to work, it should work automatically like it is suppose to.

Tom

Just can't find words to thank you for your efforts!!!!

As said before many users will be grateful to you in case this brings the long desired update which is going to resolve the issue(s) eventually!!!

Cheers!!!
Quote: Well, it's too bad for you that you're experiencing such a substantial drop in video quality. I am still enjoying incredible video quality when viewing blu ray discs in PowerDVD.

I will welcome an update if they Cyberlink releases one, but for me personally, it's not urgent at all.

If you're trying to make it look as it's just myself, I prompt everybody reading this thread to take a look at the other threads in PowerDVD 15 section!

I applause the second part of your reply saying that it's only FOR YOU PERSONALLY!!!

Nothing more!

@ d_mat

The fact that some features may work for some users while for some other may not doesn't mean that PowerDVD 15 doesn't need to get updated urgently to work for everybody. A short look at all those complaining in this section could persuade you!

I repeat True Theater HD technology has nothing to do with any kind of enhancement in Catalyst Control Center. You can ask any Cyberlink support representative about that! The difference is so extremely striking to the eyes that insisting makes believe that either you need an urgent eye check-up or you work for Cyberlink and you're trying to gain time before the crucial update! The latter is what I hope for while I'll be working on the social media as I can assure you that those facing this issue are a lot more you could believe!
Quote: At least you now admit what you said is rubbish

...or much better at least go learn reading English!!!!
Quote: Sorry I deny your claim, it's rubbish.

..exactly as rubbish as PowerDVD 15 is for the majority of users at the moment! No more!!!!
Quote:
Quote: I've never used PDVD 15 to play any kind of Blu-ray (physical) discs as I leave this job to a standalone device connected to the TV, having nothing to do with the computer.

The only reason to use the 3D feature of PDVD 15 is for playing downloaded 3D files when the PC is connected to a 3D TV via HDMI.

Thus I strongly believe that any software supporting any kind of Blu-ray disc playback is simply nonsense!

Well the fact is PowerDVD can play Blu-ray discs including 3D ones and many use it for this including myself. Go and use your FREE programs if you think they're so good for your purpose

If you take some time to read the other users threads you'll see that not only True Theater Video Enhancements don't work in PDVD 15 any more but 3D playback as well for those upgraded to Win 10 with AMD drivers!

Thus just because for you PDVD 15 may work doesn't mean it's the same for everybody else!

You can get as ironic as you like but you can't deny the fact that at the moment those (free) software you mock work much better than PowerDVD 15 (costing $100) unless updated!
The subject of this thread being "BD movie in Win 10 are unwatchable" is unfortunately derailed!

I've never used PDVD 15 to play any kind of Blu-ray (physical) discs as I leave this job to a standalone device connected to the TV, having nothing to do with the computer.

The only reason to use the 3D feature of PDVD 15 is for playing downloaded 3D files when the PC is connected to a 3D TV via HDMI

Unless a PC is equipped with a Blu-ray player, I consider stupid buying one of those external optical Blu-ray drives when you can get a standalone one connected directly to the TV (which is much cheaper).

Thus I strongly believe that any software supporting any kind of Blu-ray (physical) disc playback is simply nonsense!

Now speaking about playback of ripped BDs in either file or ISO format there are plenty of free software supporting it and according to user reviews the software in the provided links support 3D file playback as well.

I'm not supposed to try anything for anybody as my intention to is to make PDVD 15 work as before and nothing more!
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote: There are a few Blu-ray 3D free players as well. I wouldn't like to name any here but you can google it if you wish.

I don't believe you, name one.

If you are incapabe of searching the internet, at least try to be more decent and polite in your replies or you just make a fool of yourself!!!

This is the only and last time I'm responding to morons!

Some free Blu-ray 3D players (naturally having nothing to do with PowerDVD 15 quality) can be found at:

http://potplayer-32bit.en.softonic.com/

http://bino3d.org/index.html

http://download.cnet.com/Daum-PotPlayer/3000-13632_4-75587055.html

Those interested in restoring PowerDVD 15 to it's former status, can contact to me any time!

Hopefully one way or another we'll make it work as before!!!

No, I think you are wrong as none of your suggestions will play a 3D bluray disc.

Wow!!! That was definitely unexpected!!!

It's not my problem if you don't believe also what the above software claim they can do!

Unless you've got some difficulty in understanding English!

If you read some other threads in this section though you'll see that it's PowerDVD 15 not being able to play 3D material after Win 10 and AMD latest driver pack version upgrade! Not even after the beta patch!

Just saying...
Quote:
Quote: There are a few Blu-ray 3D free players as well. I wouldn't like to name any here but you can google it if you wish.

I don't believe you, name one.

If you are incapabe of searching the internet, at least try to be more decent and polite in your replies or you just make a fool of yourself!!!

This is the only and last time I'm responding to morons!

Some free Blu-ray 3D players (naturally having nothing to do with PowerDVD 15 quality) can be found at:

http://potplayer-32bit.en.softonic.com/

http://bino3d.org/index.html

http://download.cnet.com/Daum-PotPlayer/3000-13632_4-75587055.html

Those interested in restoring PowerDVD 15 to it's former status, can contact to me any time!

Hopefully one way or another we'll make it work as before!!!
Quote:
Quote:
@ d_mat

That's partially true, meaning that you can enhance the video quality yourself through Catalyst Control Center, considering that PDVD 15 is among the supported video players. I would also advise to enable the "demo mode" option in CCC for even better results!

However you should know that these hardware acceleration enhancements have nothing to do with Cyberlink True Theater Video Enhancements! So far I've never had "hardware acceleration" selected on PDVD 15 options as the difference is-was simply ENORMOUS!!!! Even if I did when True Theater Video Enhancements were selected as well they always by-passed hardware acceleration

Besides you can find many free video players on the web supporting hardware acceleration, no need to pay $100, if you claim that you are still happy with it!

I could assure you though that the majority of PDVD 15 owners facing this issue is not happy at all and that's the reason we feel cheated!!!

I know it has nothing to do with TrueTheater enhancements, but all TrueTheater enhancements do is increase sharpness and optimizes the color configuration. You can do all of this in CCC and apply it to video players that support it. In CCC, I have Video Color set to "Theater" and Edge Enhancement set to 70. This replicates the TrueTheater settings I had in PowerDVD pretty well.

I got PowerDVD for free with an external blu ray drive that I purchased. So I didn't have to pay for it. But other free players don't typically play all blu rays and they don't play 3D blu rays at all.

Be sure that if it was this simple to replace or reproduce Cyberlink True Theater HD technology, the ONE AND ONLY REASON that makes PowerDVD 15 as exceptional and costly, nobody would have purchased it!

I dont know if those PowerDVD versions, offered for free together with some hardware you buy, have all the features of those purchased from the original Cyberlink site, but you make me suspect that they don't! It's simply unbelievable to me not being able to see the difference from any kind of enhancement that you managed to create, regardless from AMD or any other brand! As I said I've also tried everything in Catalyst Control Center without even approaching the results that True Theater Enhancements could produce!

Now every (free or not) Blu-ray player that gets updated regularly can play all new BDs! There are a few Blu-ray 3D free players as well. I wouldn't like to name any here but you can google it if you wish.

None could compare to PowerDVD 15 though, the way it was before the afore-mentioned issue!

And that's exactly what I'm struggling to bring back, no matter how.....!!!!!

@ d_mat

That's partially true, meaning that you can enhance the video quality yourself through Catalyst Control Center, considering that PDVD 15 is among the supported video players. I would also advise to enable the "demo mode" option in CCC for even better results!

However you should know that these hardware acceleration enhancements have nothing to do with Cyberlink True Theater Video Enhancements! So far I've never had "hardware acceleration" selected on PDVD 15 options as the difference is-was simply ENORMOUS!!!! Even if I did when True Theater Video Enhancements were selected as well they always by-passed hardware acceleration

Besides you can find many free video players on the web supporting hardware acceleration, no need to pay $100, if you claim that you are still happy with it!

I could assure you though that the majority of PDVD 15 owners facing this issue is not happy at all and that's the reason we feel cheated!!!
@ TGMcCallie

Please read the other threads in this section (PowerDVD 15) reporting the same issue! Everybody having upgraded to Windows 10 and owning AMD display adapters with it's INITIAL AND ONLY available driver pack version for Windows 10 are facing this issue!

I can assure you that everybody would also be grateful to you if you manage to persuade either Cyberlink or AMD to resolve it, however I strongly doubt it!

@ TGMcCallie

When a new OS is coming out with it's initial graphic drivers (regardless AMD or not), it is a software's responsibility to update and get adapted accordingly, especially when this software is advertised as compatible to Windows 10 and it has no limitation in it's system requirements for those owning AMD display adapters. Definitely not AMD's or Microsoft's!!!

Moreover when this particular software (PowerDVD 15) is charging you $100 to buy and absolutely every other, free or not, player on the web has been updated and work fine with these drivers!

@ d_mat

I think I've told you already that there's not difference in the video quality of any player when you play your videos on your computer! You need a big screen HD TV or monitor to see the difference between True Theater Video Enhancements and hardware acceleration only! Sorry but it's hard for me to believe that you can't see the difference in such a case! It's the only reason that made PowerDVD 15 exceptional!

So far considering that I don't see any intention from the side of Cyberlink staff to resolve this very important issue, I invite both of you to the social media for reporting this scam!

Does it resolve severe stuttering with True Theater Video enhancements switched on under Windows 10 and the initial AMD drivers version?
Quote: You'll definitely be the only one posting about "scams" or "fraud" because you're the only one dumb enough to not comprehend what either word means.

You can continue posting about this on the Cyberlink forum, but I assure you that won't solve anything.

Back when the 15.7 drivers came out there were a ton of issues with those too, with one of them being Cyberlink related. PowerDVD would display 3D content in 2D. That was clearly a driver issue, and AMD addressed it in the 15.7.1 drivers (it was even listed in the notes.)

This is clearly another driver issue. Many other people with AMD cards are having the same issue, while others are not.

By all means though, continue making a fool of yourself.

Wow!!!! You're a lot more moron than I thought but that won't help you or your crappy software!!!!

You've just said it yourself, partially though !!!!

EVERY DRIVER RELATED ISSUE OF THE PAST WAS FIXED IN ONE OF POWER DVD LATER PATCHES!!!

This can be proved by only taking a look in PowerDVD update pages!

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I'M TRYING TO MAKE HAPPEN!!!! A NEW PATCH IN OTHER WORDS A NEW PDVD 15 UPDATE!!!

Because this new issue makes it same as every other free player on the web supporting only hardware acceleration!!!

Besides is there any limitation in PDVD 15 system requirements for those owning AMD cards? If this is not scam then what is it???

If you can't understand this I can assure you that everybody else can!

Hence as you very correctly set it, I won't make a fool of myself any more by talking to you and if you wish to continue this conversation you can go talk to a tree!!!

I finish by inviting to the social media all those who feel cheated by PowerDVD 15 latest issue!
Quote:
Quote: Sorry but you're simply hilarious!!!

Now who's not tech savvy?

Windows 10 have been released and available for more than a year ago in beta mode! Have you any idea what beta is for basically? For those software developers asking the hell of the money for their software to adapt them to the new OS! New drivers also should be predicted. How do you explain the fact that EVERY FREE PLAYER ON THE WEB has been updated already and it's compatible with the new Windows 10 drivers? EVERY BUT POWER DVD 15 (charging $100 to buy)!

If this is not THE DEFINITION OF FRAUD then what is it???

PS: Now it's more than obvious that you work for Cyberlink! Therefore I would suggest you begin working on this issue and solve it (as every software has) instead of arguing with me. Speaking about myself I'll make sure I spread this scam all over the social media. Just for giving you a reason to start working a little bit!

You're a very odd individual.

If I worked for Cyberlink I'd probably actually care about whether or not you keep the product. You can ask for a refund for all I care, as your choice of Blu Ray playing software is irrelevant to me.

Instead of throwing around words like fraud and scam (words you clearly don't know the meaning of) if you actually had a brain you'd be reporting this issue to AMD so they can provide better drivers. The more of us that report this issue to them, the quicker they'll come up with a fix.

TrueTheater enhancements in Windows 10 do work for others with non-AMD video cards. So you're wasting your time posting about this on the Cyberlink forum.

Hilarious is the mildest adjective I could give you as I wouldn't like to be rude!

I know very well where to go for asking a refund and it's not here! Besides you should accuse yourself not me of not having brains as your education seems extremely limited! Hence I'm doing you the favour of letting you know what both words "fraud" and "scam" mean. Please take a look and don't make more fool of yourself!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraud

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scam_%28disambiguation%29

Additionally:

It's ridiculous accusing Microsoft for letting out Win 10 and AMD for updating it's drivers just because Cybelink is refusing to update it's (costly) software accordingly! Considering that all the other players on the web have done so, I wouldn't like to attach another "adjective" to the people of your way of thinking!

You refuse intentionally to read the comments of the other users in this and the other similar threads of this section (PowerDVD 15)

Nobody is moron enough to post to AMD or Microsoft for an issue that is ENTIRELY CYBERLINK'S RESPONSIBILITY and it's to Cyberlink they paid $100 for this crap named PowerDVD 15!!!

Be sure that my promise about spreading this scam all over the social media won't be forgotten in order nobody even approach any Cyberlink software!!!

You can also be sure that I won't be alone!!!!
Sorry but you're simply hilarious!!!

Now who's not tech savvy?

Windows 10 have been released and available for more than a year ago in beta mode! Have you any idea what beta is for basically? For those software developers asking the hell of the money for their software to adapt them to the new OS! New drivers also should be predicted. How do you explain the fact that EVERY FREE PLAYER ON THE WEB has been updated already and it's compatible with the new Windows 10 drivers? EVERY BUT POWER DVD 15 (charging $100 to buy)!

If this is not THE DEFINITION OF FRAUD then what is it???

PS: Now it's more than obvious that you work for Cyberlink! Therefore I would suggest you begin working on this issue and solve it (as every software has) instead of arguing with me. Speaking about myself I'll make sure I spread this scam all over the social media. Just for giving you a reason to start working a little bit!

@ d_mat

I repeat!!!!

PowerDVD 15 works ONLY with hardware acceleration on Windows 10. As conventional video picture as ever! This is simply unacceptable for a $100 player! Pure scam!!!!

Regardless the version and the brand of drivers installed on any system, it's the INITIAL Windows 10 display adapters to which PowerDVD is not compatible with the most important features which could justify it's price!

However it misguides everybody by being advertized as it is! And here's the big fraud!!!!

@ d_mat

1. You should know that not any AMD driver is compatible to all kind of systems! For this purpose AMD is providing a special detection tool to be found here:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool

2. Even if you download what you may think that it's the correct driver pack it won't install if it's not! That's the reason you need to use AMD Catalyst Control Center for updating which should be installed on your system already!

3. There is always some difference in the description of the driver name between AMD system info and Windows 10 device manager. I believe that what you attached here as a proof is nothing but the same driver version!

4. You seem as if you're intending to avoid to answer to what everybody is mainly interested here. Did you manage to resolve PowerDVD 15 issues with the new (?) driver version that you claim you found? If not what's this discussion for?

And last but not least it's more than obvious that PowerDVD 15 is not (yet) compatible with Windows 10 since it doesn't work with it's initial driver! There are quite a few here in this section of threads saying it and hoping that some Cyberlink staff would read and update! Sorry but what are you trying to prove?????
Go to: