Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
AMD Catalyst 15.7.1 drivers for Windows 10 are available
d_mat [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 21, 2015 19:45 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
Just a heads up for those who have upgraded to Windows 10. These drivers work a lot better than the 15.7 ones that were released a few weeks ago.

PowerDVD performs better with these drivers installed as well.
ernaniaroldo [Avatar]
Member Location: US Joined: Nov 08, 2009 14:40 Messages: 54 Offline
[Post New]
Windows 10 free upgrade may take days, weeks, months to be distributed to all those interested!

On the other hand the latest update of AMD drivers (15.7.1) works fine with everything else on Win 8.1 but PowerDVD 15 latest patch!

Besides nobody can force anybody upgrade to Win 10 if he doesn't want to!

IT'S SIMPLY UNACCEPTABLE FOR CYBERLINK NOT TO UPDATE PowerDVD 15 FOR BEING COMPATIBLE WITH AMD UPDATE, TAKING INTO CONSIDERATION THE PRICE OF THE SOFTWARE!!!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 29. 2015 19:09

No
d_mat [Avatar]
[Post New]
I just came across my first and only issue with these new drivers.

My laptop crashes and I get a blue screen when I connect it to my TV via HDMI. Is anyone else having this issue?
ernaniaroldo [Avatar]
[Post New]

THE NEW DRIVERS WORK PERFECTLY FINE WITH ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING ELSE ON WINDOWS 8.1 BUT POWER DVD 15 LATEST PATCH!!!!!

(Including connection to a HD TV via HDMI) No
Anthony1111 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 01, 2015 15:12 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hi d_mat,
Thanks for the heads up. I've got W10 with Catalyst 15.7.1
now. I'm still getting severe stuttering with video enhancements switched on but switching that off it works fine.
Not tried connecting a TV so sorry can't help. I'm connecting a 23 inch Widescreen Full HD Monitor via HDMI with HDCP and that's working fine. Best regards,
Anthony.
ernaniaroldo [Avatar]
[Post New]

That's right!!!

I've just upgraded to Windows 10 only to find out that PowerDVD 15 works only with hardware acceleration! If you use True Theater Enhancements you get severe stuttering!

Sorry but it's not fine at all as this video quality you can get for free in every free player on the web!!!!

You don't need to pay 100$ for this crap!!! No
JohnS123 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Athens, Greece Joined: Jun 07, 2015 04:04 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Catalyst 15.7.1 killed YouCam 6/7 and the WEI rating assessment in Windows 8.1, forcing a complete format and reinstall from scratch.

The folks at AMD successfully fixed 3D content playback on PowerDVD but failed to fix YouCam and WEI assessment issues.
JohnS123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: the latest update of AMD drivers (15.7.1) works fine with everything else on Win 8.1

This is not my case.

Had stupidly installed the new release with the hope all the problems with Windows Experience Index and YouCam 6/7 being definitely fixed. I was really pissed off.

AMD Catalyst 15.7.1 killed the WEI rating assessment and broke YouCam 6.
ernaniaroldo [Avatar]
[Post New]
@JohnS123

Now the case of all those who want to upgrade to Windows 10 should be that AMD drivers latest version is the only provided and IT'S NOT COMPATIBLE WITH POWER DVD 15 MOST IMPORTANT FEATURES!!!!

All software, especially those that ask you to buy them, should adapt themselves to the new situation and get updated!

Especially PowerDVD 15 which is advertized as compatible to Windows 10 WHICH IS A BIG LIE!!!!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 02. 2015 05:01

No
JohnS123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've performed a clean install of Windows 10 then removed the new OS from my laptop shortly after.

The result was a pure disaster, I sadly regret installing that piece of crap.
ernaniaroldo [Avatar]
[Post New]

The only crap is PowerDVD 15 which unfortunately has cost us 100$ !!!! No
JohnS123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Both Windows 10 and PowerDVD 15 are crappy, with the former being the worst OS M$ has ever built!
ernaniaroldo [Avatar]
[Post New]

Whether we like it or not Windows 10 is the last ever OS that Microsoft will provide, meaning that it's going to be updated and improved permanently!

On the other hand it's UNACCEPTABLE for PowerDVD 15 still not to get updated in order to be compatible with with Win 10 as advertized! Considering that you can't use the true theater video enhancements any more, the video quality you get with hardware acceleration only doesn't justify it's price at all!

HENCE EVERYBODY SHOULD KNOW THAT POWER DVD 15 IS A BIG FRAUD!!!!! No
d_mat [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Whether we like it or not Windows 10 is the last ever OS that Microsoft will provide, meaning that it's going to be updated and improved permanently!

On the other hand it's UNACCEPTABLE for PowerDVD 15 still not to get updated in order to be compatible with with Win 10 as advertized! Considering that you can't use the true theater video enhancements any more, the video quality you get with hardware acceleration only doesn't justify it's price at all!

HENCE EVERYBODY SHOULD KNOW THAT POWER DVD 15 IS A BIG FRAUD!!!!!

It's the 15.7 and 15.7.1 AMD drivers that are causing the issue. They are causing issues in other areas unrelated to PowerDVD. AMD is working on it, and they actually just released an update to 15.7.1 yesterday.
ernaniaroldo [Avatar]
[Post New]
@ d_mat

According to AMD Catalyst Control Center there isn't any update other than the initial one installed together with Windows 10 upgrade which can't get reversed!!! Since this version is the initial, it's common sense to understand that every software causing issues IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS 10!!!!

Every other player compatible with Windows 10 installed on my system was improved with these AMD drivers including 3D and gaming!

IT'S SIMPLY A SHAME FOR CYBERLINK ADVERTIZING POWER DVD 15 AS COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS 10 ONLY TO SELL MORE!!!!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 07. 2015 06:05

No
d_mat [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: @ d_mat

According to AMD Catalyst Control Center there isn't any update other than the initial one installed together with Windows 10 upgrade which can't get reversed!!! Since this version is the initial, it's common sense to understand that every software causing issues IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS 10!!!!

Every other player compatible with Windows 10 installed on my system was improved with these AMD drivers including 3D and gaming!

IT'S SIMPLY A SHAME FOR CYBERLINK ADVERTIZING POWER DVD 15 AS COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS 10 ONLY TO SELL MORE!!!!

Go to the same place where you downloaded 15.7.1. The date still says 7/29/2015 on that web page, but when you download and instal it, you still see a new driver version.

Here is proof:

ernaniaroldo [Avatar]
[Post New]

@ d_mat

1. You should know that not any AMD driver is compatible to all kind of systems! For this purpose AMD is providing a special detection tool to be found here:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool

2. Even if you download what you may think that it's the correct driver pack it won't install if it's not! That's the reason you need to use AMD Catalyst Control Center for updating which should be installed on your system already!

3. There is always some difference in the description of the driver name between AMD system info and Windows 10 device manager. I believe that what you attached here as a proof is nothing but the same driver version!

4. You seem as if you're intending to avoid to answer to what everybody is mainly interested here. Did you manage to resolve PowerDVD 15 issues with the new (?) driver version that you claim you found? If not what's this discussion for?

And last but not least it's more than obvious that PowerDVD 15 is not (yet) compatible with Windows 10 since it doesn't work with it's initial driver! There are quite a few here in this section of threads saying it and hoping that some Cyberlink staff would read and update! Sorry but what are you trying to prove????? No
d_mat [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
@ d_mat

1. You should know that not any AMD driver is compatible to all kind of systems! For this purpose AMD is providing a special detection tool to be found here:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool

2. Even if you download what you may think that it's the correct driver pack it won't install if it's not! That's the reason you need to use AMD Catalyst Control Center for updating which should be installed on your system already!

3. There is always some difference in the description of the driver name between AMD system info and Windows 10 device manager. I believe that what you attached here as a proof is nothing but the same driver version!

4. You seem as if you're intending to avoid to answer to what everybody is mainly interested here. Did you manage to resolve PowerDVD 15 issues with the new (?) driver version that you claim you found? If not what's this discussion for?

And last but not least it's more than obvious that PowerDVD 15 is not (yet) compatible with Windows 10 since it doesn't work with it's initial driver! There are quite a few here in this section of threads saying it and hoping that some Cyberlink staff would read and update! Sorry but what are you trying to prove?????

My point is that the new AMD drivers are causing a lot of issues for others with things completely unrelated to PowerDVD. You're acting like this is the first ever OS upgrade you've ever been a part of. Drivers tend to have a multitude of issues upon the release of a new OS. Those issues take a while to resolve.

PowerDVD is very much compatible with Windows 10. It works for many people, depending on their system.
ernaniaroldo [Avatar]
[Post New]

@ d_mat

I repeat!!!!

PowerDVD 15 works ONLY with hardware acceleration on Windows 10. As conventional video picture as ever! This is simply unacceptable for a $100 player! Pure scam!!!!

Regardless the version and the brand of drivers installed on any system, it's the INITIAL Windows 10 display adapters to which PowerDVD is not compatible with the most important features which could justify it's price!

However it misguides everybody by being advertized as it is! And here's the big fraud!!!! No
d_mat [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
@ d_mat

I repeat!!!!

PowerDVD 15 works ONLY with hardware acceleration on Windows 10. As conventional video picture as ever! This is simply unacceptable for a $100 player! Pure scam!!!!

Regardless the version and the brand of drivers installed on any system, it's the INITIAL Windows 10 display adapters to which PowerDVD is not compatible with the most important features which could justify it's price!

However it misguides everybody by being advertized as it is! And here's the big fraud!!!!

So because an AMD driver, which was just released for a new OS, is still having issues - this means that this is a scam and "fraud?" You don't seem to be very "technologically savvy."

PowerDVD has worked as advertised for many years. Issues arise when a new OS gets released. Apparently you're unaware of this. This will get fixed at some point.

You're being irrational.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 07. 2015 14:44